Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > InterContinental Hotels | IHG One Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador
Reload this Page >

New promotion - Partner up for 10,000 bonus points, Did anybody else received it

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New promotion - Partner up for 10,000 bonus points, Did anybody else received it

Search this Thread

Old Aug 24, 2009, 6:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
You're being paranoid! points.com is fully reputable, the whole business would collapse if customers had no faith in sharing their details.
Old Aug 24, 2009, 7:43 am

Programs: KLM Flying Dutchman forever, bmi Diamond Club (is there a theme here?), LH, BA, EK, DL nobody
Originally Posted by dldkjones
I registered, got the email confirmation, but the offer does not show up in the my offers page on my account as of the day after registratoin. Does the offer show up for others on their my offers page following? Should I expect that I will receive the offer if it is not on the my offers page?
I'm in the same boat and would love to have an answer to that, too, before I spend anything out of pocket to get the bonus. Anyone?
Old Aug 24, 2009, 8:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by skowse
I went to sign up, but decided against, I'm not sure I want to tell points.com my PC # and pin. Surely that gives them full access to your account
Points.com handles point purchases, point transfers, etc. for a lot of programs (including PCR). They probably already have access to your account.

If you're still uncomfortable with it, sign up, get the bonus, and then change your PCR PIN.
Old Aug 24, 2009, 8:31 am

if anyone else can help me?
i see this promotion,and i want to do:

1,Priority Club Rewards Shopping (one purchase);

2.Points.com (point/mile swap for Priority Club points)----join in alaska airlines programme,get 3000miles then tranfer into pc account:

3oints to points transfers with Membership Rewards

i want to know,

1.if" join in alaska airlines programme and swap for pc points"is an eligible activity?

2.Both member A and member B register this promo,when i transfer points from A to B,
if both A and B can earn an eligible activity?

if you have one more suggestion or tips for me?
Thanks a lot!

Last edited by hd6105; Aug 24, 2009 at 8:42 am Reason: change
Old Aug 24, 2009, 9:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Rules are clear - points transfer do NOT count, points purchases do count.

The Alaska Airlines thing definitely does count.

Obviously depends where you are based as to what else is possible. Outside the US, options are limited - the easy ones are points.com, an Amex transfer, a points purchase and a PC shopping purchase. And, of course, we don't actually know if non-US members are even eligible.

The only one that worries me is the points purchase, because I am throwing money away if I don't get the bonus and, even with the bonus as activity No 4, I'm effectively paying $13.50 for 5,000 points which is not so great (and a disaster if the bonus never appears). I may just stop at 3 and bank the 6,000 points for effectively zero cost, which at least means nothing lost if I don't get the bonus.
Old Aug 24, 2009, 9:12 am

Thanks Raffles!!!
Old Aug 24, 2009, 10:19 am

The promo is still not showing up in my offers. That makes me leery that I will not get any credit, and I do not want to go through the effort to do these things and end up getting nothing. As we all know, signing up and getting the confirmation email do not mean anything when talking about PC promos.
Old Aug 24, 2009, 10:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Hotspex + Points.com blocked?

I tried several times, even changing my password twice, but hotspex refused to allow my account to be linked at points.com. I ended up transferring 9 Alaska miles for 3 PC points.
Old Aug 24, 2009, 11:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by antonius66
The promo is still not showing up in my offers. That makes me leery that I will not get any credit, and I do not want to go through the effort to do these things and end up getting nothing. As we all know, signing up and getting the confirmation email do not mean anything when talking about PC promos.
I don't know that ANYONE sees this promo in My Offers. I'd like to see it there, too, but many promos never appear there.
Old Aug 24, 2009, 11:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Do you guys mean the MY OFFERS link that shows double points, anniversary bonus, etc.? If so, I wouldn't expect it to be there as that's for internal PC promos, and this is a partner bonus!
Old Aug 24, 2009, 11:52 am

Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
I tried several times, even changing my password twice, but hotspex refused to allow my account to be linked at points.com. I ended up transferring 9 Alaska miles for 3 PC points.
I've had the same problem with hotspex for about a year. I thought maybe they banned me for all my 1-point transfers when offers like this come along.
Old Aug 24, 2009, 1:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
Originally Posted by soitgoes
I actually think that discussion of specific promos like this is probably well-served by a separate thread, with just an announcement in the Master Promo Thread.
I'd agree. I'm a PC newbie, so having a separate thread for what I consider a relatively good promo is quite helpful. I've already swapped my AS points for PC points and am about to do the same with Amex.

Mike
Old Aug 24, 2009, 6:44 pm

Programs: AA, UA, SQ, VA, QF, AF, BA
Originally Posted by dgwright99
Another tip - resteraunt.com via PC shopping is only $4 for a $10 voucher - which is cheaper than $13.50 points purchase, even if you don't use the voucher.
What triggers the transaction to be recorded? Simply purchasing the voucher or do you actually have to USE the voucher?

Are there any shipping costs involved?

Do you have to join the program or just buy the voucher with no commitments?
Old Aug 24, 2009, 7:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I wonder if the sign-up bonus from Points.com would count as the Swap?

They all show up the same as from Points.com whether it is AS mile swap or the bonus for signing up. But they might have internal codes that differ their nature in PC accounting system?
Old Aug 24, 2009, 7:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Happy
I wonder if the sign-up bonus from Points.com would count as the Swap?

They all show up the same as from Points.com whether it is AS mile swap or the bonus for signing up. But they might have internal codes that differ their nature in PC accounting system?
The signup bonus for points.com will probably trigger one promo transaction credit. However, you can only earn one credit from points.com, so it really isn't a big deal to do one small transfer from AS, I don't think--to make sure it counts.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.