Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > InterContinental Hotels | IHG One Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador
Reload this Page >

New promotion - Partner up for 10,000 bonus points, Did anybody else received it

New promotion - Partner up for 10,000 bonus points, Did anybody else received it

Old Sep 9, 2009, 5:15 am

Originally Posted by HangingOver
*...See ya around Xmas time.

Out.
Roger. You be the man. :-:

Perhaps you're being overly cautious, but, no harm to any person, place, or thing.

Last edited by Kohoutek; Sep 9, 2009 at 5:24 am
Old Sep 9, 2009, 6:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

If anyone was waiting for a new restaurant.com coupon code, there is now a 90% off code: NINETY
It is valid through September 13.
(via Slickdeals: http://slickdeals.net/permadeal/24251)
Old Sep 9, 2009, 6:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
And a 20% bonus for US residents on MR transfers:
http://www.membershiprewards.com/cat...0000&aid=54966
Old Sep 9, 2009, 1:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by soitgoes
If anyone was waiting for a new restaurant.com coupon code, there is now a 90% off code: NINETY
It is valid through September 13.
(via Slickdeals: http://slickdeals.net/permadeal/24251)
Sounds to me the site is desperate - those who intend to buy the certs for actual usage should use the certs ASAP before the site goes under. Of course, buying it to generate activity means the throw-away now is even cheaper. The only caveat is, it seems a hit or miss whether your purchase tracks or not.
Old Sep 9, 2009, 1:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Happy
Sounds to me the site is desperate - those who intend to buy the certs for actual usage should use the certs ASAP before the site goes under. Of course, buying it to generate activity means the throw-away now is even cheaper. The only caveat is, it seems a hit or miss whether your purchase tracks or not.
They've done 80% discounts for years now. The difference between 80% and 90% is not huge.
Old Sep 9, 2009, 6:47 pm

Programs: UA Premier Silver, AA, DL, IHG Diamond Amb, Marriott Silver, Hilton Silver, National
Originally Posted by bjdsave
What e-mail address did you send to ???????
I have sent several e-mail's ( back to Aug 28) to [email protected]
which is the address listed on their website, and have not even received the standard " we have received your request and ..." confirmation
Not sure where I got the address, but it was [email protected].
Old Sep 9, 2009, 8:46 pm

Programs: PC Platinum, SPG Gold, HH Gold
I have sent them an email on Aug 30 in reference to the MCR points and have not heard anything.
Old Sep 10, 2009, 2:53 pm

How can such a simple program get so complicated????

Now..an Alaska trasfer from points com. is 1
an Am. express transfer from Am.express is 2
an I tune purchase is 3
a point purchase is 4

am I right???? and in the case of #4, is there another air mile trasfer that can be done with min. points? or anything a little less cost wise.
Old Sep 10, 2009, 4:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

They've done 80% discounts for years now. The difference between 80% and 90% is not huge.
The other fact is, the restaurant I bought 2 x $10 certs for on Aug 25, has not accepted the certs since months ago.
When we went there 2 days after I bought the certs the restaurant staff told us that they had informed Restaurant.com many times already. The restaurant is STILL on the offerings of Restaurant.com.

To me, this is a sign of BAD business practice - it is a deceiving practice, as I, the customer, has informed the site and was issued Restaurant.com own certs as credits immediately after the call - so they KNEW. Yet, they do not remove the restaurant from their offering, more than 2 weeks after being informed by the customer, and many weeks after being informed by the restaurant owner.

Another restaurant is on the offering, but the $25 cert has been shown out-of-stock since Aug 25 when I first looked at the site. I called that restaurant which has been a renown local establishment on intra-coastal water. The restaurant said they do not participate for months. Yet, it is still featured, abeit Restaurant.com making no cert available...

Others may have much better luck in their areas. However, to me, the practice of this site is VERY DECEIVING - offering deep discounts from 50% (the norm) to 90% discount, and hope that when the certificates turn out to be useless, the customers would decide not worth the trouble to follow up due to the low costs - yet, the site would still pocket the money - from who knows how many customers being lured into such "deals"?

Last edited by Happy; Sep 10, 2009 at 5:00 pm
Old Sep 10, 2009, 5:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Happy
The other fact is, the restaurant I bought 2 x $10 certs for on Aug 25, has not accepted the certs since months ago.
When we went there 2 days after I bought the certs the restaurant staff told us that they had informed Restaurant.com many times already. The restaurant is STILL on the offerings of Restaurant.com.
It may very well be the restaurant that is being deceptive. They sign contracts and can't just terminate at will.
Restaurant.com has a policy of replacing certificates if there are any complaints. That is good customer service, not bad.
Old Sep 10, 2009, 6:04 pm

Programs: PC Platinum, SPG Gold, HH Gold
So far I have not had any problems redeeming the restaurant.com certs. I've used them at 3 different restaurants in Jacksonville and everything went OK.
Old Sep 10, 2009, 6:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It may very well be the restaurant that is being deceptive. They sign contracts and can't just terminate at will.
Restaurant.com has a policy of replacing certificates if there are any complaints. That is good customer service, not bad.
Let's get it straight:

If the restaurant is KNOWN to Restaurant.com being a No Good Offer, Restaurant.com should take it OFF the list, regardless the contract status if your guess is the case - because no matter what, the customers are being DECEIVED to order the cert of said restaurant - whether it is replaced by Restaurant.com credit, is irrelevant because the Cert ordered is KNOWN by Restaurant.com that could not be used - why not take that bad name off?

Instead, Restaurant.com lures customers in to PAY for something they KNOW could not be delivered. So now the customer gets something in replacement, "to be used in a future date on other restaurant", but cannot get a refund - How can this be called Good business?!
Old Sep 10, 2009, 10:48 pm

Programs: UA Premier Exec; AA Platinum; SPG Gold; PC Platinum Ambassador
Originally Posted by mech11
How can such a simple program get so complicated????

Now..an Alaska trasfer from points com. is 1
an Am. express transfer from Am.express is 2
an I tune purchase is 3
a point purchase is 4

am I right???? and in the case of #4, is there another air mile trasfer that can be done with min. points? or anything a little less cost wise.
Those all work for your 4- just make sure the i tune purchase posts- there are instructions to see your order status on the shopping mall.

If you don't want to spend $13.50 for 1,000 PC points, there are cheaper options to do a purchase through skymall (search the Dividend Miles grand slam thread for a coupon for $10 off- you can buy something for ~$4).

That's not so hard, is it?!

Friendly
Old Sep 11, 2009, 7:50 am

Programs: HHonors Gold, Priority Club Plat, AAdvantage, Delta Skymiles, others including Amtrak Guest Rewards
Have made purchases at Office Max, also 2 purchases through Priority Shopping (Restaurant.com and Giftcertificates.com), and nothing has posted...!... And the restaurant I've been using for Dining Rewards that was on the list for years is no longer on the list, go figure...!

How quickly do retail purchases post, as well as the Dining Rewards?
Old Sep 11, 2009, 10:55 am

Originally Posted by friendlyplanet
Those all work for your 4- just make sure the i tune purchase posts- there are instructions to see your order status on the shopping mall.

If you don't want to spend $13.50 for 1,000 PC points, there are cheaper options to do a purchase through skymall (search the Dividend Miles grand slam thread for a coupon for $10 off- you can buy something for ~$4).

That's not so hard, is it?!

Friendly
Sounds good, but Skymall is not a PC partner. Nor is it listed as an eligible activity on the promotion. So it doesn't seem to be a viable option.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.