Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > InterContinental Hotels | IHG One Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador
Reload this Page >

New promotion - Partner up for 10,000 bonus points, Did anybody else received it

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New promotion - Partner up for 10,000 bonus points, Did anybody else received it

Search this Thread

Old Sep 2, 2009, 8:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Unfortunately, we will not get any help if the transactions not posted.

contact PCR shopping all you will get is the same canned email that claimed despite the record showed you have logged in to PC Shopping but it is the MERCHANT's responsibility to send the order information...

The merchants of course, know nothing about it as such things are normally done by computer.

I have spent 15 minutes talking to Restaurant.com supervisor on this topic and of course he has no idea of what PC reward shopping is - all he sees is the order is placed, and certificate issued.

My advice is, if the purchase(s) show up, that is great. If not, just chalk it up a bad experience and not waste any time on it.

For the record, as of today, both purchases on Restaurant.com and on Avon, do not show up in tracking - 7 days and 3 days after purchases respectively.
Old Sep 2, 2009, 8:09 pm
Community Director Emerita

Originally Posted by Happy
For the record, as of today, both purchases on Restaurant.com and on Avon, do not show up in tracking - 7 days and 3 days after purchases respectively.
Where do you look for tracking?
Old Sep 2, 2009, 8:19 pm

PC Shopping not tracking for me either

On a positive note, my PC Dining transaction has already credited. Took about 5 days to post. It's an easy and possibly cheap partner activity for people that have decent restaurants nearby.
Old Sep 2, 2009, 8:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
Where do you look for tracking?
Go here:
https://pcrshopping.dbgloyalty.com/p...omer%20Service

Select "I'd like to search for an order" under "How can we help you?"

Select the Merchant.

Click submit.

Enter info (first name, last name, PCR number)

Click submit
Old Sep 2, 2009, 8:27 pm

Programs: AA, UA, SQ, VA, QF, AF, BA
I found another possibilty for non-USA folks. Zazzle accepts foreign credit cards and ships to any country. I ordered a greeting card for $6.94 including shipping and the artwork is nice, it's something I would have bought if I saw it in a store. They will probably have a greeting card in any style of artwork you like.

Nothing in my husband's tracking for restaurant.com 27 Aug or Zazzle 2 Sept so far.

On my account, Dr Foster & Smith from 24 Aug tracked on 26 Aug.
Old Sep 2, 2009, 10:10 pm
Suspended

Exclamation Whoa!

Is this accurate????

Note, though, that transactions only count toward the bonus if you have not earned points for the same transaction within the past 18 months
http://www.smartertravel.com/blogs/u...2+00%3A00%3A00

If so, I had better check when I last earned PC dining points and others better check for other vendors such as PC shopping, buying points, etc.

Yikes!!! I do see such a caveat/restriction that Tim cites. Use the link he provided for the promotion:

Earning enough points for your next vacation or other favorite rewards is now as easy as 1, 2, 3, 4! With this special partner bonus offer, you can quickly earn bonus points for everyday activity like shopping, car rentals, movie rentals, using a credit card, dining out, sending flowers, purchasing points and more. The more unique partner activity you have, the more you can earn!

Earn up to 10,000 bonus points

Don’t delay — this special offer is valid August 20–October 31, 2009. Start earning bonus points with Priority Club® Rewards partners today!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Terms & Conditions:

Eligibility: Must be a Priority Club® Rewards member and must register member number in advance to participate in this promotion. To participate in this offer, member must register online between August 20, 2009 and October 31, 2009.

Offer: Earn up to 10,000 bonus points. Earn bonus points for each unique partner activity between August 20, 2009 and
October 31, 2009, up to a maximum of 10,000 bonus points.
• Earn 1,000 points for the 1st unique activity
• Earn 2,000 points for the 2nd unique activity
• Earn 3,000 points for the 3rd unique activity
• Earn 4,000 points for the 4th unique activity

Only one activity per partner is allowed, only one Priority Club Point purchase activity is allowed, only one PCR Shopping partner activity is allowed, and only one Priority Club Visa Credit Card activity is allowed. These bonus points are in addition to normal bonus points offered by participating partners. Partner offers subject to the terms and conditions of each individual offer.

Unique Partner Activity: A unique partner activity is defined as one partner transaction or Priority Club Point purchase between August 20, 2009 and October 31, 2009. You can earn bonus points for this activity if it has not occurred previously in the last 18 months. A Priority Club Point purchase and a partner points to points conversion transaction are considered eligible unique activities. Points earned for purchases using your Priority Club Rewards Visa® card count as one eligible activity.

Rental Car Partners: Hertz

Dining, Retail & Other Partners: Priority Club Rewards Shopping (one purchase); Priority Club Rewards Dining by Rewards Network (one restaurant purchase); e-Rewards (one e-Rewards currency redemption for points); FTD.com; Florist.com, Gift Sense™, Netflix; Points.com (point/mile swap for Priority Club points): Global Traveler, USA Today, Vinesse LLC, DIRECTV, Energy Plus™, Office Max.

Credit Card Partners: Points earned for purchases using your Priority Club Chase Visa card count as one eligible activity.

Real Estate & Financial Partners: Chase Home Equity; Chase Checking; LendingTree; Everbank, Sentry Insurance.

Vacation & Cruise Partners: Priority Club Cruises.

Other Eligible Activities: Priority Club Point purchase; points to points transfers with Membership Rewards; Diner’s Club; Points.com. Bonus points count toward Gold and Platinum status.

Ineligible Activities: Priority Club Gift Points, Transfer Points, Holiday Inn Club Vacation, and airline partner activities are not eligible for this promotion.

Miscellaneous: Offers void where prohibited by law. Other restrictions may apply. Offers are subject to change without notice. Subject to standard Priority Club Rewards Membership Terms and Conditions.

Points will be posted 10—12 weeks after promotion has ended.
http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/pc/...tipartner.html

Comments?

It looks like PC has pulled a fast one, as the OP's post of the promotion does not state that the transaction cannot have been done in the last 18 months. I guess PC has judged that it was too easy to complete this promotion and they have changed it mid-stream.

I certainly think that those who received the e-mail can enforce the original terms, but perhaps not those who did not receive it.

This really is poor on the part of PC and someone ought to take them to task as they have re-written the rules of the promotion.

If this change stands, I will have to find another transaction if the above is enforced as I do have a PC dining within the last year. Looks like, OfficeMax, Sentry, Amex or Diners transfer, or buying points might be in my future. Fortuantely, I had never used PC shopping or Points.com transfer into PC before.

However, what really stinks is the fact that your account will only show activities for the last 6 months!!!

Last edited by NJUPINTHEAIR; Sep 2, 2009 at 10:47 pm
Old Sep 2, 2009, 10:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

That's a pretty odd restriction, especially for something like the visa card. It also wasn't contained in the language I read in the email. Also, if I wanted to get technical it doesn't say that partners used in the past 18 months don't count, just that those not earned in the last 18 months do.
Old Sep 3, 2009, 2:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Last time I looked, PC did not allow you to track activity going back 18 months (unless you hack the URL) so a little unfair, to put it mildly, as you can't check dates of old transactions.
Old Sep 3, 2009, 3:20 am

Programs: AA, UA, SQ, VA, QF, AF, BA
I got an email with no such restriction. In any case, my husband's account is brand new so he's fine.

I haven't bought points through the usual route but I have done the 10,000 plus $30 thing to pay for a room (not cancelled, I am using it). I don't think I have ever done a points.com swap. I have done an e-rewards before so that's a worry. I haven't done shopping before.

I want to know if they will honour the original terms for people who got the email.
Old Sep 3, 2009, 3:27 am

Originally Posted by NJUPINTHEAIR
...It looks like PC has pulled a fast one, as the OP's post of the promotion does not state that the transaction cannot have been done in the last 18 months. I guess PC has judged that it was too easy to complete this promotion and they have changed it mid-stream.

I certainly think that those who received the e-mail can enforce the original terms, but perhaps not those who did not receive it.

This really is poor on the part of PC and someone ought to take them to task as they have re-written the rules of the promotion.

If this change stands, I will have to find another transaction if the above is enforced...

However, what really stinks is the fact that your account will only show activities for the last 6 months!!!
<abbreviated above>

Yeah, what's going on? I got the PC email, and there is nothing mentioned about the 18 month rule in the email. I've had 3 activities (6,000 bonus points) since the promo started, thinking they were qualifying activities, and now, today, I find out about some 18 month rule that I somehow missed (?), therefore my activites won't qualify.

Another annoying thing is I don't see this promo in "My Offer Status" page, although I did receive a PC confirmation email of my enrollment in the promo. The confirmation email has a link to "Track Your Offers" that is inoperable.

I keep my own records, so I'm not dependent upon PC's 6-month history. Sho nuff, I had a shop in May 08, that disqualified my 8/25/09 shop for bonus points.

To say I'm ticked off would be an understatement.

Last edited by Kohoutek; Sep 5, 2009 at 11:01 am Reason: fix
Old Sep 3, 2009, 6:14 am
Suspended

I will tell you what is most inappropriate about their changing the terms and conditions after the release of the promotion -- it penalizes loyal PC members more than those like myself who are just itinerant members, much less those who just joined!

If I were a loyal PC member who has been looking to maximize and thereby increase the total number of PC points that I was to earn in my account, then I would be livid. Such restriction -- if it is permitted to stand -- would effectively disqualify me from this promotion!

So, rather than promoting PC's brand above its competitors, this action of theirs demonstrates that they do not really value their loyal PC members all that much!
Old Sep 3, 2009, 6:22 am

You said it, NJUPINTHEAIR.
Old Sep 3, 2009, 7:16 am

Is chalking Pts using Travelling Connect a valid activity?

Just wondering if I chalk up some points using the parter Travelling Connect, is it considered to be a valid activity?

I can't find this partner in the list provided.
The link is here:
http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/pc/...ngconnect.html
Old Sep 3, 2009, 7:17 am

The Account Activity Tracker has been changed to show all activity for the past 180 days.
Old Sep 3, 2009, 7:31 am

Programs: Priority Club, TAM Fidelidade, BAEC, Marriott Rewards
Well, I am not based in the USA and the partner activities available to me are not too many. And I have used all of them recently, except the shopping portal, which does not track anyway...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.