FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   InterContinental Hotels | IHG One Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/intercontinental-hotels-ihg-one-rewards-intercontinental-ambassador-426/)
-   -   IC Resort Hua Hin Master Thread [merged] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/intercontinental-hotels-ihg-one-rewards-intercontinental-ambassador/975231-ic-resort-hua-hin-master-thread-merged.html)

travelben Jul 14, 2009 10:16 pm

IC Resort Hua Hin Master Thread [merged]

On the webpage it is written it will be opening 2009. Does anybody know exactly when?

I just made a reservation for 25DEC until 5JAN.
Would like to get in contact with them and find out more details about the resort and also the arrangements (Club?, Airport Pickup?, Upgrade for RA?, etc.). Does anbody have any ideas?

mexxem Jul 15, 2009 12:05 am

Originally Posted by travelben (Post 12067943)
On the webpage it is written it will be opening 2009. Does anybody know exactly when?

I just made a reservation for 25DEC until 5JAN.
Would like to get in contact with them and find out more details about the resort and also the arrangements (Club?, Airport Pickup?, Upgrade for RA?, etc.). Does anbody have any ideas?

It is still under construction.

mexxem Jul 15, 2009 12:06 am

No complimentary airport transfers.

demue Jul 15, 2009 2:06 am

They are accepting reservations from Dec 2009 onwards so I would guess that is when they are planning to open. I'm also booked there between Xmas & New Year just in case (flex rate with corp discount) as rates are quite low for now. Not really worth 30K points at that rate but that could change if rates increase. Opening special is 4.2K THB ++ right now for period starting Dec 2009. Could be nicely combined with the IC BKK before or afterwards or both.

I think we may still have to give them some time to work out transportation arrangements, rules for RA upgrades etc. The HI Cha AM for example operates a shuttle daily in a minivan between BKK and the hotel and they do pick up/ drop off from the IC BKK. Fee was 500 THB per person per way which was good and convenient. I would hope for something similar form the IC.

Given that they only have 119 rooms & suites this could be tight for them to upgrade if they get lots of RAs and have high bookings for suites too. There is no club either so they can't offer club room with benefits or suite. To be seen what they will do. If they comp me breakfast and give free internet etc or a lil massage I would not insist on an upgrade but then thats just me.

GordonGordon Jul 15, 2009 4:30 am

How about IC Samui, IC Phi Phi and IC Pattaya? IHG Asia Pacific made announcement to build those ICs couple years ago, and now are they all canceled or postponed?

midnight Jul 15, 2009 1:26 pm

Originally Posted by GordonGordon (Post 12068713)
How about IC Samui, IC Phi Phi and IC Pattaya? IHG Asia Pacific made announcement to build those ICs couple years ago, and now are they all canceled or postponed?

Pattaya (Holiday Inn Resort) is open from October 2009, reservations are being accepted.

I too am booked into IC Hua Hin for 10 days over the new year. I checked with PC if the Opening Offer rate (with b/fast) is fully qualifying, my reply received today confirms that it is.

I have no further information regarding Samui & Phi Phi.

http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/pc/...newhotels.html

demue Jul 16, 2009 1:24 am

Originally Posted by midnight (Post 12071365)
Pattaya (Holiday Inn Resort) is open from October 2009, reservations are being accepted.

I too am booked into IC Hua Hin for 10 days over the new year. I checked with PC if the Opening Offer rate (with b/fast) is fully qualifying, my reply received today confirms that it is.

I have no further information regarding Samui & Phi Phi.

http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/pc/...newhotels.html

Haha lets see if they can upgrade all of us RAs - I'm not holding my breath. I didn't book the opening special as it is non-flex with the first night being non-refundable. Still waging options btw. the new IC Hua Hin or the IC Asiana Saigon which opens in October 2009 (rates are much higher there though and of cos no beach ;)).

mexxem Jul 17, 2009 6:17 am

Hua HIn is a great beach.

NB1 Jul 28, 2009 12:40 pm

Hi,
I had intended to book over Christmas using Friends and Family rate. That option seems to have disappeared,

For those of you’ve who’ve booked over that period, would be good to understand if you were able to grab special rate, and what that was.

Anybody have any luck with an email address. The email address I was given when I called doesn’t solicit a response.

Thanks

docklander Jul 28, 2009 2:47 pm

Originally Posted by demue (Post 12074334)
Haha lets see if they can upgrade all of us RAs - I'm not holding my breath. I didn't book the opening special as it is non-flex with the first night being non-refundable. Still waging options btw. the new IC Hua Hin or the IC Asiana Saigon which opens in October 2009 (rates are much higher there though and of cos no beach ;)).

I'm booked into that IC too around early Jan.Likewise wasn't keen on the inflexibility of the opening rate . IC BKK will probably have forwarned about cheapskate RAs:)

djcutcher Jul 28, 2009 4:21 pm

Okay, admittedly OT

but, as an alternative to the Hua Hin IC, I have a desk calendar from Asara Villa and Suites:
www.asaravillaandsuite.com
reminding me I loved Hua Hin and can't wait to go back.
No I don't work for Asara....but sometimes I almost wish I did, especially if it meant I could hang there and play beach bunny, and visit friends in town...:D
Note: ...."villaA--double "a", but no "s" in suite.com

d3vski Jul 29, 2009 6:35 am

I do not mean to alarm anyone but what are the chances that the hotel will actually open on the 1st December 2009?

What recourse do we have if they do not open on time?

flying MD Jul 29, 2009 2:38 pm

Does anyone have an e-mail to IC HH? Thanks.

d3vski Aug 10, 2009 8:38 am

Spoke to IC BKK regarding transfers to Hua Hin,

they quoted me 11,000 thb per way in a BMW 7 Series or Toyota camry through a private company for 4,500 thb per way.

Also need to ask regarding the "Opening Special" rate, it includes 2breakfasts. Does this mean breakfast for two throughout the stay or is it just literally breakfast for 2 days?

demue Aug 11, 2009 3:06 am

Originally Posted by d3vski (Post 12140348)
I do not mean to alarm anyone but what are the chances that the hotel will actually open on the 1st December 2009?

What recourse do we have if they do not open on time?

Maybe they will re-accomodate you at the HI Cha-Am :D (same rate though)

Just kidding, actually it is a good point. I think one needs to see how the progress is going. I would hope they are prudent enough to inform people well ahead of any potential problems.