Old Feb 2, 2018, 4:20 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: scubaccr
Hua Min usual/planned RA Room Upgrades
Ref email Feb2018 to fellow RA member SHOVEN for Stay Apr2018 regards their usual/planned RA Room Upgrades
(I added from their pot as Shoven only has 37 FT posts so can't)
scubaccr

The Hotel just sent me the below as I'm planning a stay in April thought it might be of some use for others.

Regarding your enquiry, please find below step of room upgrade for Royal Ambassador Member for your reference,

BluPort WingReserve
Upgrade to
Superior Room - Superior Suite (BluPort Wing) or Premier Room (Beach Wing)
Superior Studio - Resort Classic Suite (Beach Wing)
Superior Suite - Premier Suite (Beach Wing)

Beach WingReserve
Upgrade to
Resort Classic Room - Premier Pool Terrace
Premier Room - Resort Classic Suite
Premier Pool Terrace - Premier Suite
Resort Classic Suite - Premier Suite
Premier Suite / Club InterContinental Suite - No upgrade
Print Wikipost

IC Resort Hua Hin Master Thread [merged]

Old Apr 17, 2019, 3:28 am

Programs: Infinity Milage Lands Gold,Star Alliance Gold, IHG Diamond RA, Kimpton Inner Circle
I tend to have a few nights in Bangkok before heading to Hua Hin rather than step off the plane and head straight there but I really enjoy Bangkok although not everyone does.
Old Apr 19, 2019, 5:50 am

Originally Posted by shoven
I tend to have a few nights in Bangkok before heading to Hua Hin rather than step off the plane and head straight there but I really enjoy Bangkok although not everyone does.
Traffic on Fridays going to Hua Hin and on Sundays going back to Bangkok is usually horrible - Hua Hin is a weekend getaway place for people in Bangkok.
Otherwise you can make it in around 3 hours from central Bangkok or one of the airports. There are many services starting at around 2500 bath one way - just search online or pm me. A few also have what they call VIP vans for a bit more money. They have wider seats with more legroom - similar to domestic F on US airlines.
Old Apr 20, 2019, 1:11 am

Programs: Infinity Milage Lands Gold,Star Alliance Gold, IHG Diamond RA, Kimpton Inner Circle
Originally Posted by Unterwegs
Traffic on Fridays going to Hua Hin and on Sundays going back to Bangkok is usually horrible - Hua Hin is a weekend getaway place for people in Bangkok.
Otherwise you can make it in around 3 hours from central Bangkok or one of the airports. There are many services starting at around 2500 bath one way - just search online or pm me. A few also have what they call VIP vans for a bit more money. They have wider seats with more legroom - similar to domestic F on US airlines.
Yeah I always avoid Friday and Sunday found out the hard way coming back a couple of years ago over 5hrs
Old May 25, 2019, 1:25 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Any recent info on Ambassador upgrade path? E.g how is the upgrade from a Club King or a Club Hua Hin Suite (likely Premier I guess)? Thanks
Old May 27, 2019, 8:57 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by demue
Any recent info on Ambassador upgrade path? E.g how is the upgrade from a Club King or a Club Hua Hin Suite (likely Premier I guess)? Thanks
It's a 1 level upgrade except to the villa or guesthouse.
Old May 27, 2019, 7:26 pm

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
I get the one level part as a 15 years RA & AMB. What is unclear to me at least and also what my query is about is the latest upgrade sequence or path of rooms / suites. E.g. does a Club room upgrade to the next Club suite level (Club Hua Hin suite?) or a Resort suite for example (with Club benefits still granted) or ...?

Price can be an indication, but it is a bit of a mixed bag when looking at the room inventory for my planned dates, e.g. oddly the Club Hua Hin suite is 1k THB below a Club King room which seems odd. Thanks.
Old May 28, 2019, 4:28 am

If you book a King Club it upgrades to a Club pool terrace room which then goes to a club hua hin suite and then to the club premier which is as far as upgrades go.

The upgrade path in the wiki is still good for RA the club hua hin suite is the same as a resort classic suite.
Old May 28, 2019, 4:43 am

Programs: Spire RA, 1865 Voyager, Bonvoy Titanium, FB LP, LH SEN.
This hotel replies to emails within a day. When you clearly say what room you want, they'll tell you what to book or what the surcharge is.
​​​​​​Better than speculating here.
Old May 28, 2019, 5:41 am

Thanks, looks like Club Hua Hin Suite upgrades to Club Premier then. I booked the Club Hua Hin Suite for now and am happy to stay there as I like the little Jacuzzi on the balcony over the just larger Club Premier Suite.

​​
Old May 28, 2019, 1:18 pm

Thanks, looks like Club Hua Hin Suite upgrades to Club Premier then. I booked the Club Hua Hin Suite for now and am happy to stay there as I like the little Jacuzzi on the balcony over the just larger Club Premier Suite.

​​
Yeah thats my favourite room type there, I like the open layout and the large balcony.
Old Jan 19, 2020, 11:42 pm

Well talk about long-term planning. Having pushed around the dates for our trip a bit we are now booked to stay IC HH in April 2020 and I have reached out to them to see how much they will ask to upgrade a basic room in Blueport Wing (on points) for one night to the Hua Hin Suite so that we can stay in the same room (base rates are around 8K THB for a entry level room so 40K points is still good value, even if I need to pay extra for Suite / Club). I offered to forgo the upgrade to the Premier Suite for the first two paid nights, so let's see what number they cook up. I'll make sure I'm sitting down when reading the reply .

With regards to the room, do you shoven recall whether those Hua Hin Suites (old Resort Classic ones) usually have connecting doors? I'm not a big fan of those so would like to get a Suite without them if that exists (some hotels, all suites have connecting doors, e.g. Hyatt Regency Bali). Appreciate your thoughts if you happen to recall / know.

Also any more recent Club experiences from anyone would be appreciated. Thank you.

Cheers ...
Old Jan 20, 2020, 12:14 am

Programs: BA Nada, HH Diamond, IHG Spire AMB, Marriott Plat, Accor Gold
Well talk about long-term planning. Having pushed around the dates for our trip a bit we are now booked to stay IC HH in April 2020 and I have reached out to them to see how much they will ask to upgrade a basic room in Blueport Wing (on points) for one night to the Hua Hin Suite so that we can stay in the same room (base rates are around 8K THB for a entry level room so 40K points is still good value, even if I need to pay extra for Suite / Club). I offered to forgo the upgrade to the Premier Suite for the first two paid nights, so let's see what number they cook up. I'll make sure I'm sitting down when reading the reply .

With regards to the room, do you shoven recall whether those Hua Hin Suites (old Resort Classic ones) usually have connecting doors? I'm not a big fan of those so would like to get a Suite without them if that exists (some hotels, all suites have connecting doors, e.g. Hyatt Regency Bali). Appreciate your thoughts if you happen to recall / know.

Also any more recent Club experiences from anyone would be appreciated. Thank you.

Cheers ...
Long term planning? I've just pencilled it in for April 2021! That's what going part-time does for you, too much time to think. Chennai for October 2021 too!
Old Jan 20, 2020, 1:58 am

Cheers ...
The 2 suites in the building where Priom is do not have connecting doors thankfully.

Last time time I was there the evening canapes had moved from selecting what you wanted from the tray they brought round the tables to the standard 4 on a plate and the afternoon tea had gone from selecting from 3 sets each day to a choice of 1 which rotated.

I too have just asked what the upsell would be for a points stay also asked if they accept the prepaid IHG mastercard.
Old Jan 20, 2020, 5:12 am

Thanks, I'll drop you a PM later. I got a first quote and while not entirely crazy I'm pushing them a bit to do better and have asked a manager to take a look.

Thanks for the note on the suite and the connecting doors, I'll try to get one of those.
Old Jan 20, 2020, 6:13 am

Programs: BA Nada, HH Diamond, IHG Spire AMB, Marriott Plat, Accor Gold
Thanks, I'll drop you a PM later. I got a first quote and while not entirely crazy I'm pushing them a bit to do better and have asked a manager to take a look.

Thanks for the note on the suite and the connecting doors, I'll try to get one of those.
I would also be interested in the upsell rate from points if you are able to share it? Thanks in advance.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.