Old Feb 2, 2018, 4:20 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: scubaccr
Hua Min usual/planned RA Room Upgrades
Ref email Feb2018 to fellow RA member SHOVEN for Stay Apr2018 regards their usual/planned RA Room Upgrades
(I added from their pot as Shoven only has 37 FT posts so can't)
scubaccr

The Hotel just sent me the below as I'm planning a stay in April thought it might be of some use for others.

Regarding your enquiry, please find below step of room upgrade for Royal Ambassador Member for your reference,

BluPort WingReserve
Upgrade to
Superior Room - Superior Suite (BluPort Wing) or Premier Room (Beach Wing)
Superior Studio - Resort Classic Suite (Beach Wing)
Superior Suite - Premier Suite (Beach Wing)

Beach WingReserve
Upgrade to
Resort Classic Room - Premier Pool Terrace
Premier Room - Resort Classic Suite
Premier Pool Terrace - Premier Suite
Resort Classic Suite - Premier Suite
Premier Suite / Club InterContinental Suite - No upgrade
Print Wikipost

IC Resort Hua Hin Master Thread [merged]

Old Feb 2, 2018, 1:15 pm

Programs: Infinity Milage Lands Gold,Star Alliance Gold, IHG Diamond RA, Kimpton Inner Circle
The Hotel just sent me the below as I'm planning a stay in April thought it might be of some use for others.

Regarding your enquiry, please find below step of room upgrade for Royal Ambassador Member for your reference,

BluPort WingReserve
Upgrade to
Superior Room - Superior Suite (BluPort Wing) or Premier Room (Beach Wing)
Superior Studio - Resort Classic Suite (Beach Wing)
Superior Suite - Premier Suite (Beach Wing)

Beach WingReserve
Upgrade to
Resort Classic Room - Premier Pool Terrace
Premier Room - Resort Classic Suite
Premier Pool Terrace - Premier Suite
Resort Classic Suite - Premier Suite
Premier Suite / Club InterContinental Suite - No upgrade
Old Feb 2, 2018, 4:24 pm

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
@shoven, Nice email, I created to a wiki to this thread with that useful info, as you can't.
Old Apr 28, 2018, 2:04 am
Suspended

Programs: M&S, Radisson
Has anyone here stayed at the property over New Year's Eve and knows whether there is some kind of mandatory ball/gala dinner?

(I emailed the hotel about 10 days ago to inquire about it and didn't receive a reply.)
Old Jun 20, 2018, 2:31 pm

Programs: Infinity Milage Lands Gold,Star Alliance Gold, IHG Diamond RA, Kimpton Inner Circle
Originally Posted by 1flyer
Has anyone here stayed at the property over New Year's Eve and knows whether there is some kind of mandatory ball/gala dinner?

(I emailed the hotel about 10 days ago to inquire about it and didn't receive a reply.)
Did you ever get a reply as I might be there during New Year?
Old Jun 20, 2018, 2:38 pm
Suspended

deleted

Last edited by 1flyer; Dec 11, 2018 at 1:25 am
Old Jun 20, 2018, 9:23 pm

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
No, I never received a reply to my inquiry. I did try to research the issue a bit via Google, TA, etc. I didn't find anything pointing towards a mandatory, extra-fee event on NYE.
Unless things changed I would assume there is a mandatory event fee. We stayed probably 6-7 years ago and had this exact issue. They wanted a ridiculous amount of money (like 300$++ per person IIRC) and wouldn't entertain any alternative suggestions. We were willing to pay, but asked for the money as F&B and Spa credit instead as we did not want to sit on a table with strangers on New Years Eve. No dice and I was still RA back then.

So I told them nicely to go and have fun with their party and cancelled our nights from 31 Dec - Jan 2 and we went to IC BKK for 2 nights (who did not impose such thing) before flying out.
1flyer likes this.
Old Jul 17, 2018, 7:56 am

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium; IHG Diamond Ambassador
Quick question.
We have an upcoming stay and have been offered an upgrade from a BluPort superior room (using points) to a club intercontinental room for BHT 3000.00 per room/night
As the regular breakfast appears to cost BHT 690.00 per person and there are 2 of us its seems quite reasonable to pay for the upgrade as we can take breakfast in the club lounge or restaurant (we want breakfast in the restaurant right?)

How is the Club for afternoon and evening food?
I've seen pictures and it appears they do decent tea sandwiches/sweets etc during the day, I can't find information on the evening food but I assume its acceptable

Thoughts?
Old Jul 17, 2018, 12:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by rebadc
Quick question.
We have an upcoming stay and have been offered an upgrade from a BluPort superior room (using points) to a club intercontinental room for BHT 3000.00 per room/night
As the regular breakfast appears to cost BHT 690.00 per person and there are 2 of us its seems quite reasonable to pay for the upgrade as we can take breakfast in the club lounge or restaurant (we want breakfast in the restaurant right?)

How is the Club for afternoon and evening food?
I've seen pictures and it appears they do decent tea sandwiches/sweets etc during the day, I can't find information on the evening food but I assume its acceptable

Thoughts?
The club lounge is rather nice. The space is really nothing special, but the service is a delight. The lounge is a more or less detached building: there are tables on a terrace outside which i guess some people like. Evening food offer is fine, but nothing special: and of course there are drinks. Breakfast is available in the lounge, but you might prefer the greater variety in the restaurant, which you can use.

It's definitely better to be on the beach side of the road dividing the hotel. The Blueport side has the shopping mall next to it, useful for its very extensive food centre.
Old Jul 17, 2018, 2:40 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by demue
Unless things changed I would assume there is a mandatory event fee. We stayed probably 6-7 years ago and had this exact issue. They wanted a ridiculous amount of money (like 300$++ per person IIRC) and wouldn't entertain any alternative suggestions.
Can a Thai hotel legally do this?

Sorry if this is a naive question, but from a (German) private law or an (Anglo-Saxon) contract law perspective, I don't see the legal basis for making such events mandatory. I made a booking with the IC Hua Hin in which they in no way whatsoever informed me that I would be obliged to pay for some NYE event.
Old Jul 18, 2018, 2:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Can a Thai hotel legally do this?

Sorry if this is a naive question, but from a (German) private law or an (Anglo-Saxon) contract law perspective, I don't see the legal basis for making such events mandatory. I made a booking with the IC Hua Hin in which they in no way whatsoever informed me that I would be obliged to pay for some NYE event.
Can't see what the "legal" problem is in the way these things are usually handled. Clearly you are not in danger of being frog-marched into the event: what is mandatory is to pay for a package which includes the festivities. Take it or leave it.

It gets dodgier if the hotel comes along after a booking is accepted with no hint of additional package-related payments, and starts asking for additional fees to cover an event you have no wish to attend. That pretty clearly puts the hotel in an indefensible position, and I'm sure IHG would help sort things out.
Old Jul 18, 2018, 4:37 am
Suspended

deleted

Last edited by 1flyer; Dec 11, 2018 at 1:26 am
Old Jul 18, 2018, 5:47 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
As I shared, my experience was from 6-7 years ago. Back then, the gala dinner requirement was added much later after we had booked the room for months already. IHG support didn't care (up to hotel, special period) and our suggestions to pay but get f&b / spa credit instead was refused by GM. I was even RA then, didn't matter so we shortened the stay and went to IC BKK for 31 Dec to 2 Jan.

If they are selling two rates these days, I would expect no mandatory event charges if the option without the gala dinner is booked.
1flyer likes this.
Old Jul 18, 2018, 8:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

No, IC Hua Hin sells rooms for NYE 2019 which do not include a gala dinner. They also have rates which do include the gala dinner ("NYE GALA DINNER Package").

If you book the former, at no point in the booking process there is any hint of a gala dinner event which is mandatory for all guests. The question was: What if they inform you upon arrival that there is a mandatory event for which you'll have to pay extra (= over and above the rate you agreed upon when booking on IHG.com)?
Clearly, in common sense terms as well as common law it would be a nonsense to suggest the hotel could coerce the guest to pay for services he/she did not require and had not contracted to receive. As I pointed out in the second paragraph of my earlier post.
Old Aug 9, 2018, 10:15 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

I just booked a beach villa for next year. Is there one better than another that I should request? And out of curiosity, is there any upgrade as a Platinum Ambassador from the villa?
Old Aug 10, 2018, 1:37 am

Originally Posted by vh_bu98
I just booked a beach villa for next year. Is there one better than another that I should request? And out of curiosity, is there any upgrade as a Platinum Ambassador from the villa?
They only have two of the villa type and they are next door to each other so not really much difference in my opinion, the next room type after the beach villa is the La residence which is excluded from the Ambassador upgrade path as in fact are the two villa.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.