Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 2, 2018, 4:20 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: scubaccr
Hua Min usual/planned RA Room Upgrades
Ref email Feb2018 to fellow RA member SHOVEN for Stay Apr2018 regards their usual/planned RA Room Upgrades
(I added from their pot as Shoven only has 37 FT posts so can't)
scubaccr

The Hotel just sent me the below as I'm planning a stay in April thought it might be of some use for others.

Regarding your enquiry, please find below step of room upgrade for Royal Ambassador Member for your reference,

BluPort WingReserve
Upgrade to
Superior Room - Superior Suite (BluPort Wing) or Premier Room (Beach Wing)
Superior Studio - Resort Classic Suite (Beach Wing)
Superior Suite - Premier Suite (Beach Wing)

Beach WingReserve
Upgrade to
Resort Classic Room - Premier Pool Terrace
Premier Room - Resort Classic Suite
Premier Pool Terrace - Premier Suite
Resort Classic Suite - Premier Suite
Premier Suite / Club InterContinental Suite - No upgrade
Print Wikipost

IC Resort Hua Hin Master Thread [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 8, 2009, 2:49 pm

Programs: UA1K, IC RA, *wood Plt, AA EXP, LH Sen, HH Gold, Hyatt Diamond, EK Gold
I can not decide between IC Hua Hin and Langham Resort Koh Samui. I booked the suite at the IC HH, but not sure if they upgrade me to the villa (they said they may). The ocean view pool villa at Langham is cheaper (based on BOGO offer). I have never been to Hua Hin, but I stayed a few times in Koh Samui (recently FS). I am considering changing my booking to a villa at IC HH, but not sure if t is worth it. I am waiting for any reviews from Langham, which was supposed to open in early November.
Old Nov 10, 2009, 4:52 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by flying MD
I can not decide between IC Hua Hin and Langham Resort Koh Samui. I booked the suite at the IC HH, but not sure if they upgrade me to the villa (they said they may). The ocean view pool villa at Langham is cheaper (based on BOGO offer). I have never been to Hua Hin, but I stayed a few times in Koh Samui (recently FS). I am considering changing my booking to a villa at IC HH, but not sure if t is worth it. I am waiting for any reviews from Langham, which was supposed to open in early November.
Which one of the suites did you book? Oceanview Suite or Premier Oceanview Suite?

According to the currently proposed upgrade policy for RAs at max you would get a one category upgrade if they stick to it and I see a big likelyhood that they may exclude the villa from general upgrades.

Price wise the Premier Oceanview Suite is very close to the Villa and only a few K THB less IIRC from the rates I viewed. In such a case with the villa not being booked for your time of stay one would hope they would extend the upgrade to you but as you said there is no guarantee.

Both will be new properties so not everything will work perfectly. Hua Hin would be new for you as a location but the Langham is cheaper and a Pool Villa there is nothing to look down on . All boils down how much money you are willing to spend and how keen you are on Hua Hin or how feed up with Samui. If I was in your situation I would go for a confirmed Pool Villa at the Langham for less money but that's just me.

Last edited by demue; Nov 11, 2009 at 11:23 pm
Old Nov 10, 2009, 9:49 am

Programs: UA1K, IC RA, *wood Plt, AA EXP, LH Sen, HH Gold, Hyatt Diamond, EK Gold
Originally Posted by demue
Which one of the suites did you book? Oceanview Suite or Premier Oceanview Suite?

According to the currently proposed upgrade policy for RAs at max you would get a one category upgrade if they stick to it and I see a big likelyhood that they may exclude the villa from general upgrades.

Price wise the Premier Oceanview Suite is very close to the Villa and only 2-4K THB less IIRC from the rates I viewed. In such a case with the villa not being booked for your time of stay one would hope they would extend the upgrade to you but as you said there is no guarantee.

Both will be new properties so not everything will work perfectly. Hua Hin would be new for you as a location but the Langham is cheaper and a Pool Villa there is nothing to look down on . All boils down how much money you are willing to spend and how keen you are on Hua Hin or how feed up with Samui. If I was in your situation I would go for a confirmed Pool Villa at the Langham for less money but that's just me.
Initially they said no upgrades to a villa if one books a suite (booked the Premier Suite). Later they said that they may consider it if one is available. I agree with Koh Samui and Langham. The pool villa there should be nice. I may just do what you said and go for Langham, unless if I receive a confirmed upgrade to a villa at the IC HH days before my arrival. Thanks for your input. I appreciate it.
Old Nov 11, 2009, 1:37 pm

Programs: SK EBG
Pics from yesterday

showing the entrance side to the main road. Seems like the opening will be 1 Dec.
On Picasa taken by of friend of me currently in Hua Hin.

Last edited by TOS_EBG; Nov 11, 2009 at 1:38 pm Reason: credit to photographer
Old Nov 11, 2009, 2:56 pm

Originally Posted by TOS_EBG
showing the entrance side to the main road. Seems like the opening will be 1 Dec.
It does not look good at all. Next to the main road?
Old Nov 11, 2009, 3:59 pm

Programs: IHG
Thank you TOS_EBG for the pic link.

Last edited by midnight; Nov 11, 2009 at 5:14 pm
Old Nov 11, 2009, 9:09 pm

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by flying MD
It does not look good at all. Next to the main road?
Yes next to the main road. Trying to find that map of the area I saw. You definitely don't want to be in the regular Deluxe rooms who are all facing the road IIRC.

The Deluxe Oceanview rooms should all be facing the other way away from the road and towards the Gulf of Siam as one would guess. I can make out some separate buildings in the same stile then the main building but am not sure if these are the ones housing the Pool Access rooms and some Suites or what? The Villa(s ?) should be set towards the beach as one could expect. There could still some considerable noise in the pool area flodding in from the main road but I guess we will have to wait for some first stay reports.

I think the Langham on Koh Samui looks much better now right With the uncertainty of a confirmed upgrade to a villa at the IC HH I think it is less attractive then your Langham choice and you save some bucks too which never hurts.

One big plus about Koh Samui is that you can fly there on TG vs. the need to drive for 2.5hrs to Hua Hin (unless you take that flight in some small aircraft from BKK).

Ohh and thanks for the pics form me too ...

Last edited by demue; Nov 11, 2009 at 11:25 pm
Old Nov 12, 2009, 2:43 am

Programs: BA Gold (OW Emerald) & Jet Airways - Thank goodness i never got started.......most awful FF program
this is an artists impression of the place, might give you a better perspective of the place:

http://www.igetweb.com/www/powerline...ery/140704.jpg

http://www.huahintoday.net/images/ne...m/g1vzd5hq.jpg

it looks narrow but long and stretches to the beach. most of the landscaping etc seems to be inside the hotel side and not much on the public side. Im no expert on the size perception but remember it only has 125 rooms.
Old Nov 12, 2009, 11:50 am

Originally Posted by d3vski
this is an artists impression of the place, might give you a better perspective of the place:

it looks narrow but long and stretches to the beach. most of the landscaping etc seems to be inside the hotel side and not much on the public side. Im no expert on the size perception but remember it only has 125 rooms.
Thanks. It looks better now. Still the villas have no privacy at all. Too close to each other.
Old Nov 12, 2009, 5:46 pm

Programs: BMI/SQ/AFKL/PC RAmbo®/Oyster/B&Q
Originally Posted by d3vski

125 rooms with 125 RAs wanting an upgrades-how on earth will they manage?Perhaps they'll have super-duper mini bars bettering even the giddy heights of those achieved in BKK-though bagsy not have a rue view room
Old Nov 12, 2009, 9:15 pm

Originally Posted by docklander
125 rooms with 125 RAs wanting an upgrades-how on earth will they manage?Perhaps they'll have super-duper mini bars bettering even the giddy heights of those achieved in BKK-though bagsy not have a rue view room
Well they said in writing that RA's would only get a 1-category upgrade from booked room. Same as any regular Ambassador. Maybe they will try not to upgrade Amb's at all and try to get away with higher or lower floor room excuses. No idea.

I do imagine it to be difficult with the available number of rooms but for now I'm 'underwhelmed'.

Thanks for the pictures that put the property into perspective. it does look much better when viewed form the beach side. However, I agree with Flying MD that the villas (3?) look very much crammed into the space. Not a very private feeling for ~35K THB a night.
Old Nov 16, 2009, 6:50 am

Originally Posted by TOS_EBG
4 new beach-side pics added. Still under construction
Old Nov 24, 2009, 1:19 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeWyndham Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
New InterContinental Resort Arrives in Thailand

Originally Posted by travelben
On the webpage it is written it will be opening 2009. Does anybody know exactly when?

I just made a reservation for 25DEC until 5JAN.
Would like to get in contact with them and find out more details about the resort and also the arrangements (Club?, Airport Pickup?, Upgrade for RA?, etc.). Does anbody have any ideas?
http://www.hdmag.com/hospitalitydesi...36.shtml?imw=Y

InterContinental Hua Hin Resort opens in Thailand on December 1st. The seaside retreat, inspired by the Maruekhathaiyawan Palace built by King Rama VI, features 119 guestrooms and suites, including three beachfront villas with private plunge pools and a presidential suite that can also serve as a wedding chapel.

The design team includes Space Architect, interior designer PIA, construction firm Power Line, swimming pool and landscape designer Belt Collins, and lighting designer Lifestyle. The resort also features an infinity-edge swimming pool, spa, fitness facilities, and fine-dining outlets.
Old Nov 24, 2009, 2:18 am

Maria Sharapova & Venus Williams at InterContinental Hua Hin

Add InterContinental Hua Hin as a friend on Facebook to see more details:

A premier leisure destination in Southeast Asia, Hua Hin has long attracted top sporting events and in particular major tennis competitions. Now taking centre court among hotels at Thailand’s oldest beachside retreat is the brand new InterContinental Hua Hin Resort, which at year’s end is providing exclusive, never-before-offered packages not to be missed by tennis fans.

Throughout the New Year holiday, Hua Hin commemorates its founding 100 years ago with events culminating in the Hua Hin Centennial Invitation tennis exhibition featuring Maria Sharapova and Venus Williams on 2 January 2010. InterContinental Hua Hin adds to the celebratory mood with special packages for ringing the changes in luxury – and that provide the chance to meet two of today’s top-ranked players including during a gala New Year’s Eve dinner.
Old Nov 24, 2009, 8:24 am

Programs: BA Gold (OW Emerald) & Jet Airways - Thank goodness i never got started.......most awful FF program
more pics

I found these posted on trip advisor:

http://twitpic.com/qqjvh

http://twitpic.com/qqjxh

http://twitpic.com/qqjs3

http://twitpic.com/qqkes

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.