Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 2, 2018, 4:20 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: scubaccr
Hua Min usual/planned RA Room Upgrades
Ref email Feb2018 to fellow RA member SHOVEN for Stay Apr2018 regards their usual/planned RA Room Upgrades
(I added from their pot as Shoven only has 37 FT posts so can't)
scubaccr

The Hotel just sent me the below as I'm planning a stay in April thought it might be of some use for others.

Regarding your enquiry, please find below step of room upgrade for Royal Ambassador Member for your reference,

BluPort WingReserve
Upgrade to
Superior Room - Superior Suite (BluPort Wing) or Premier Room (Beach Wing)
Superior Studio - Resort Classic Suite (Beach Wing)
Superior Suite - Premier Suite (Beach Wing)

Beach WingReserve
Upgrade to
Resort Classic Room - Premier Pool Terrace
Premier Room - Resort Classic Suite
Premier Pool Terrace - Premier Suite
Resort Classic Suite - Premier Suite
Premier Suite / Club InterContinental Suite - No upgrade
Print Wikipost

IC Resort Hua Hin Master Thread [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 16, 2018, 5:24 am

Programs: CX GO, BA Gold, OZ*G, IHG Spire RA
I realize the post about the smell in the room is more than four years but I wanted to report a similar issue. I was in classic suite right above the main restaurants and there was a strong sewage smell after the first night. The staff initially addressed this with air freshener but that only worked for a few minutes. I’m usually not sensitive to odours but this was quite bad. They ended up moving us to a premier suite which did not have any issues like this. Aside from this we are very much enjoying our stay here. It was only a minor inconvenience to pack up and move to another room.
Sisyphus1carus likes this.
Old Aug 16, 2018, 8:46 am

Programs: Infinity Milage Lands Gold,Star Alliance Gold, IHG Diamond RA, Kimpton Inner Circle
Originally Posted by DieselYVR
I realize the post about the smell in the room is more than four years but I wanted to report a similar issue. I was in classic suite right above the main restaurants and there was a strong sewage smell after the first night. The staff initially addressed this with air freshener but that only worked for a few minutes. I’m usually not sensitive to odours but this was quite bad. They ended up moving us to a premier suite which did not have any issues like this. Aside from this we are very much enjoying our stay here. It was only a minor inconvenience to pack up and move to another room.
Oh that's worrying to hear, I have stayed in both the classic suites on that floor this year in fact there my preferred room type at the hotel and I have one of them reserved for November, I really hope it was just a one off and the problem has been resolved.
Old Aug 17, 2018, 5:49 am

The club manager informed me tonight that they’ve blocked off my room for a couple weeks to sort this out. It was quite bad and I’m usually a fairly tolerant person. It was room 230X.
Old Aug 17, 2018, 11:57 am

Programs: Infinity Milage Lands Gold,Star Alliance Gold, IHG Diamond RA, Kimpton Inner Circle
Originally Posted by DieselYVR
The club manager informed me tonight that they’ve blocked off my room for a couple weeks to sort this out. It was quite bad and I’m usually a fairly tolerant person. It was room 230X.
Yes that's room number there are 2 suites next door to each other on that floor, good hear they are doing something about it I will be curious to see when I go back. On a side note how are the premier suites I have never stayed in one before? my other half likes the layout and view from the 230X suites so I always arrange with the club team to have one if possible.
Old Aug 18, 2018, 6:22 am

Originally Posted by shoven
Yes that's room number there are 2 suites next door to each other on that floor, good hear they are doing something about it I will be curious to see when I go back. On a side note how are the premier suites I have never stayed in one before? my other half likes the layout and view from the 230X suites so I always arrange with the club team to have one if possible.
The Premier suites (140X for me) are really just a bit bigger than the classic ones with basically the same layout. The room was a bit better but the views from the classic suite were much better. I suggest keeping your booking for the classic suite.
Old Aug 21, 2018, 1:13 am

Just stayed at Hua Hin - great hotel. Went mid week and the property was well under 50% occupancy. Booked the cheapest room and got a suite for the family. Suite was super spacious with a huge balcony with spa. Mini bar got topped up daily (inc spirits) they pulled me up on the last night stating they wont be topping it up . Lounge was super small but with kids I had 3 options which included the grassy area at the beach so it was perfect. Kids had free lunch/dinner from the pool bar so was a fantastic trip. Highly recommend this hotel.
Old Feb 3, 2019, 7:35 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, AA Plat Pro, Hyatt Explorist
Hi, trying to decide between IC or Hyatt Hua Hin. Has anyone stayed at both? Only staying 2 days and we will have our 8 year old. Only looking to chill at the beach/pool after our stay in Bangkok. Can use points for Hyatt but only discoverist. Cash rate for IC but, Platinum Ambassador and really want 4 pm check out or later if allowed since we are not going back to BKK until 9pm for our 3am flight. TIA!
Old Apr 15, 2019, 5:12 am

Programs: Air: QR Silver. BA Silver Emirates, Hotels: CC Gold, IHG Spire AMB, Hilton Diamond.
Are the Club Intercontinental Rooms all on the Beach Side ?

Hi, I we are thinking of staying at the IC Hua Hin for 2 nights after several days at a lesser property near the Cicada market as a bit of a treat and to just enjoy the hotel facilities.
I am IHG Spire but not an Ambassador or RA :-( so I doubt I will get any unpaid benefits of note. Perhaps an extra bottle of water if I am lucky !

As we will have 'done' Hua Hin by then (and will be our second visit to the town) we are thinking we will just lounge by the pool & beach, read, slowly get tipsy etc.... within the IC hotel.
Because of this I am tempted by the Club Intercontinental room as it will afford us access to the Club Lounge for breakfast, afternoon tea and evening cocktails. It is about Ł100 more than the standard beachwing rooms so is expensive compared to buying breakfast, afternoon tea and several cocktails in a local Thai bar but not especially so when compared to IC prices :-)

As it does not state specifically on the IC website I would like to ask you all whether the Club Intercontinental rooms are all in the beach wing as opposed to some being in the newer wing which is across the road. I think I'd rather be in a standard room on the beach wing than a nicer room with club access on the road side.
https://huahin.intercontinental.com/club-room

I'm also not quite sure what the 'personal butler service' involves, includes or facilitates - can anyone elaborate ?

Do you have any other tips for me ?

Last edited by Sisyphus1carus; Apr 15, 2019 at 5:22 am
Old Apr 15, 2019, 5:23 am

Programs: Air: QR Silver. BA Silver Emirates, Hotels: CC Gold, IHG Spire AMB, Hilton Diamond.
Originally Posted by Li Chinh
Just stayed at Hua Hin - great hotel. Went mid week and the property was well under 50% occupancy. Booked the cheapest room and got a suite for the family. Suite was super spacious with a huge balcony with spa. Mini bar got topped up daily (inc spirits) they pulled me up on the last night stating they wont be topping it up . Lounge was super small but with kids I had 3 options which included the grassy area at the beach so it was perfect. Kids had free lunch/dinner from the pool bar so was a fantastic trip. Highly recommend this hotel.
Crikey - are you an RA ??
Old Apr 15, 2019, 9:41 am

Originally Posted by Sisyphus1carus
Hi, I we are thinking of staying at the IC Hua Hin for 2 nights after several days at a lesser property near the Cicada market as a bit of a treat and to just enjoy the hotel facilities.
I am IHG Spire but not an Ambassador or RA :-( so I doubt I will get any unpaid benefits of note. Perhaps an extra bottle of water if I am lucky !

As we will have 'done' Hua Hin by then (and will be our second visit to the town) we are thinking we will just lounge by the pool & beach, read, slowly get tipsy etc.... within the IC hotel.
Because of this I am tempted by the Club Intercontinental room as it will afford us access to the Club Lounge for breakfast, afternoon tea and evening cocktails. It is about Ł100 more than the standard beachwing rooms so is expensive compared to buying breakfast, afternoon tea and several cocktails in a local Thai bar but not especially so when compared to IC prices :-)

As it does not state specifically on the IC website I would like to ask you all whether the Club Intercontinental rooms are all in the beach wing as opposed to some being in the newer wing which is across the road. I think I'd rather be in a standard room on the beach wing than a nicer room with club access on the road side.
https://huahin.intercontinental.com/club-room

I'm also not quite sure what the 'personal butler service' involves, includes or facilitates - can anyone elaborate ?

Do you have any other tips for me ?
All club rooms are in the beach wing they are in there own block on the right hand side of the property, I personally think the club there is worth every penny if you just want to relax at the hotel.

Your options are not just limited to the club lounge, Breakfast can be taken in your room the main restaurant or the lounge same goes for afternoon tea which they will also serve to you at the club sun loungers by the pool again same goes for evening drinks but also with the option of having your drinks at the rooftop Azure bar which is a great place to lounge especially at sunset.

The team at the club are great really helpful and always on hand I always find the evening drinks a very relaxed affair quite often with drinks still being served well past the 19:30 finish time which is nice as some clubs can be rigid with last orders.

The butler service offers things such as un-packing and packing your bags they will pre-pair your bath tub for you they have some different types they offer one normally for free and others at a charge the club butlers are the ones that collect and return your laundry and other things along those lines.
Old Apr 16, 2019, 10:23 am

Programs: Avios Hunter
This IC seems to have reasonably good reports, it's unfortuate that it's a bit off the beaten track.

The local airport flies to Kuala Lumpur and nowhere else (which suggests the airport isn't sustainable as a business), and the two main bangkok airports are 2-3 hr taxi ride away.
Old Apr 16, 2019, 10:53 am

Originally Posted by tangey
This IC seems to have reasonably good reports, it's unfortuate that it's a bit off the beaten track.

The local airport flies to Kuala Lumpur and nowhere else (which suggests the airport isn't sustainable as a business), and the two main bangkok airports are 2-3 hr taxi ride away.
You think Hua Hin is 'off the beaten track' :-)

2-3 hrs taxi ride is hardly off the beaten track in Thailand and Hua Hin is a hotspot for Bankok residents escaping the city during the weekend BECAUSE it is so accessible !
Would you really want to hang around an airport for well over an hour and take a flight when you could pay less in a taxi (even a large, comfortable SUV). A taxi for about 2.5hrs is easily the same amount of time (if not less) than you'd spend faffing at the airport plus flight time.

You can get a train very easily from Bangkok.
Its only about Ł18 in a 2nd class AC sleeper by train too IIRC, even cheaper to go in the day and get a 2nd class AC seat (rather than sleeper). 1st class is also cheap as chips.

Ignoring the little silver maniac minibuses completely, there are also very decent, proper scheduled VIP service A/C buses regularly from Bangkok city & the Suvarnabhumi airport to Hua Hin.

But yeah, if you only ever want to fly places then Hua Hin isn't very viable ;-)

Last edited by Sisyphus1carus; Apr 16, 2019 at 11:04 am
Old Apr 16, 2019, 4:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
There used to be scheduled services from Hua Hin to BKK and vice versa. Small Cessna Caravans and a real Private flight experience raving from the general aviation terminal and with 15 minutes check in and a circa 40 minute flight.

The drive can be pretty awful and tedious, it’s a shame the flight is no more.

We are in a pool villa at the IC in July,
Old Apr 16, 2019, 4:52 pm

Programs: Avios Hunter
Originally Posted by Sisyphus1carus
You think Hua Hin is 'off the beaten track' :-)
I do

2-3 hrs taxi ride is hardly off the beaten track in Thailand and Hua Hin is a hotspot for Bankok residents escaping the city during the weekend BECAUSE it is so accessible !
Would you really want to hang around an airport for well over an hour and take a flight when you could pay less in a taxi (even a large, comfortable SUV). A taxi for about 2.5hrs is easily the same amount of time (if not less) than you'd spend faffing at the airport plus flight time.

You can get a train very easily from Bangkok.
Its only about Ł18 in a 2nd class AC sleeper by train too IIRC, even cheaper to go in the day and get a 2nd class AC seat (rather than sleeper). 1st class is also cheap as chips.

Ignoring the little silver maniac minibuses completely, there are also very decent, proper scheduled VIP service A/C buses regularly from Bangkok city & the Suvarnabhumi airport to Hua Hin.

But yeah, if you only ever want to fly places then Hua Hin isn't very viable ;-)
You are looking at it from a domestic point of view, and i'm sure in that case it's great.

But as an international destination, where most will be flying into the country, it's a little too far away from a major air-link to be attractive. A 2.5 hr taxi ride or a gawd awful train journey (after a significant taxi ride into bangkok) is the last thing many want having just arrived by plane and done immigration/customs etc, especially when there are many other resort destinations of equal or higher standing in Asia that have much more convenient air-links.

Last edited by tangey; Apr 16, 2019 at 4:58 pm
Old Apr 16, 2019, 6:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by tangey
Despite it's isolation, the IC Hua Hin manages to do pretty well - intrepid adventurers fill Hua Hin at weekends.

They get there by car, taxi, bus, train, ferry and private jet.

Last time we took the train from KL through Butterworth and then overnight from the Padang Besar border, but usually it's one of the frequent buses from Bangkok: the ferry connection to Pattaya allows an interesting tourism circuit.

If you want to connect directly from BKK there's no problem at all in finding limo/taxi companies that will make a pretty much seamless connection to the resort in a couple of hours.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.