Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CP Paris Republique Master Thread [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 26, 2014, 4:56 pm

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
Stayed there on Friday night. Was upgraded to a nice Executive room and given a 600 points voucher. Felt a little tired in the corridors but the room was nice. Small bathroom with separate WC.

Arrived late and slept through breakfast so do not know if we were give lounge access - probably not. The pre pay rate did not include breakfast.

Comfortable hotel for one night.
Old Oct 27, 2014, 1:44 am
Marriott 10+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Bonvoy LT Gold, IHG Gold, BAEC Silver, TP Silver
Just came back from a weekend stay at this CP. Service was ok, I didn't ask for much anyway.

As a Plat, got upgraded to a Club room on the 1st floor, facing the inner courtyard as well as the terrace so not really good for privacy if you don't like pulling your this curtains all the time in the evening...

Big room as opposed to their regular ones (I believe they are almost double the size of the normal ones, judging by the number of doors in the corridor on the "standard" side and the Club side).

But the receptionist made it super clear when I checked-in, she had to whisper to me that I got upgraded because she didn't want the other guests waiting in line hearing that they do upgrade guests.... that is just ridiculous...

Anyway, all I got there was late check out at 2PM and free internet, no Club lounge access.

Worse is at check-out. I was on a BRG stay, which means my first night was comped (confirmed at check-in). But at check-out, the Manager on Duty kept arguing with me that since I was on a pre-paid non flex rate, there would be no refund. I had to tell him that I had an email from IHG confirming the free night, no matter what rate category it was.
The MoD apologized, said he didn't see that it was a BRG stay (riiiiight) but still refused to reimburse my first night (as instructed by my email, as apparently, they have no way to get the prepaid money back to me, it had to be settled with the property directly).
They printed my folio, which clearly said "Balance: -149Euro". Still refused, asking me to contact their "centrale".... I had really no time for that as I had a train to catch back home....
But not happy at all....
Old Oct 28, 2014, 8:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: AA Plat / UA NOTHING / Alaska 75K / Hyatt Diamond / SPG LT Plat / Marriott Gold / Priority Club Plat / Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by enelym1978
Just came back from a weekend stay at this CP. Service was ok, I didn't ask for much anyway.

As a Plat, got upgraded to a Club room on the 1st floor, facing the inner courtyard as well as the terrace so not really good for privacy if you don't like pulling your this curtains all the time in the evening...

Big room as opposed to their regular ones (I believe they are almost double the size of the normal ones, judging by the number of doors in the corridor on the "standard" side and the Club side).

But the receptionist made it super clear when I checked-in, she had to whisper to me that I got upgraded because she didn't want the other guests waiting in line hearing that they do upgrade guests.... that is just ridiculous...

Anyway, all I got there was late check out at 2PM and free internet, no Club lounge access.

Worse is at check-out. I was on a BRG stay, which means my first night was comped (confirmed at check-in). But at check-out, the Manager on Duty kept arguing with me that since I was on a pre-paid non flex rate, there would be no refund. I had to tell him that I had an email from IHG confirming the free night, no matter what rate category it was.
The MoD apologized, said he didn't see that it was a BRG stay (riiiiight) but still refused to reimburse my first night (as instructed by my email, as apparently, they have no way to get the prepaid money back to me, it had to be settled with the property directly).
They printed my folio, which clearly said "Balance: -149Euro". Still refused, asking me to contact their "centrale".... I had really no time for that as I had a train to catch back home....
But not happy at all....

Call me crazy but....
Outside of the acct issue (which without a doubt needs to be rectified), doesn't sound like a whole lot wrong with the stay. I mean, it's Paris so an upgrade, - to a room double the size of a typical room - to begin with is like hitting a home run. Put that on top of the brg rate is kind of like winning on a double down at blackjack.

And I don't get the comment on what's ridiculous about not announcing an upgrade to everyone in the lobby. FD personnel almost always lower their voice when reviewing the details (one being room rate) of a guest's stay before handing over keys. If there are guests in the lobby, I'm happy to keep my mouth shut when being extended benefits that others could be in line for as well. ^

Again, they definitely need to make you whole on the free night issue but aside from that, I'm not sure where the displeasure comes from.
Old Oct 29, 2014, 3:19 am

Programs: IHG Pl. Amb / Accor Gold / Hilton Gold /FB Gold / M&M SEN
Stayed here loads of times, most of the times on an inner courtyard (club) room - prefer those over streetside rooms. Standard > Club (w/o access) seems to be the standard upgrade. Once they could not upgrade me, so they gave me standard, but with club access (club isn't great by the way, not worth it).

Not sure what's bad about an upgraded room, late checkout and free internet access as platinum benefit? I think it's a pretty decent offer.

Really like the hotel - awesome location (easy access to Marais, St. Germain and rest of paris by metro), rooms decent too. Service isn't great - but not bad either. And it's Paris, so have to lower my expectations on that anyhow
Old Oct 29, 2014, 10:45 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, TK*Elite+, EBD, FBG, EKS, IHG Royal Ambassador
Originally Posted by diederik
Stayed here loads of times, most of the times on an inner courtyard (club) room - prefer those over streetside rooms. Standard > Club (w/o access) seems to be the standard upgrade. Once they could not upgrade me, so they gave me standard, but with club access (club isn't great by the way, not worth it).
I spoke to the Front Desk Manager about Club Access when I was there, and even he did not recommend it to me when I said I had breakfast included in my rate. So I guess it's not much to have really.

I really like the Club Room as well, considering how rooms in Paris are generally.
Old Oct 29, 2015, 7:12 pm

Programs: SWA, IHG, Hilton, AA, Marriott, Starwood
Any ideas what a Spire member would get in the way of upgrades?
Old Oct 30, 2015, 4:52 am

Programs: BA Bronze, HH Diamond, A-Club Plat, Club Carlson Gold Elite, Marriott Gold, IHG Spire Ambassador
Originally Posted by WildcatFan
I had an Ambassador Suite when I was Platinum Ambassador (but don't get too excited about it!)

When I visited 12 months ago the rooms were pretty dated.

Chris
Old Oct 24, 2016, 5:01 pm

Programs: *G at A3,TK;M&M,LM; IHG RA, AB Plat.
Originally Posted by WildcatFan
The PLG was fully booked so I stayed in the CP Republique today.
At checkin I got an information sheet with this infos:

Club member: late CO 2pm (if availab.)
Gold Elite: 400 pts, upgrade to Club Floor (no Club access)
Platinum: 600 pts, upgrade to Club Floor (no Club access)
Spire: 600 pts. upgrade to Club Floor with Club access

Club lounge: 7am to 11pm
Breakfast at the restaurant is included in Club access.

I booked a Standard room and got something like a Junior Suite in the 4th floor. Big room (compared to club rooms and all other rooms) but due to 4th floor no big windows.
At 9pm the beverage fridges in the Club lounge were nearly empty. Exept beer (Heineken and some alcohol free beer) no alcohol available.
Old Jun 12, 2018, 12:08 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Amb, Bonvoy Plat (+LTP), VS Silver
Any recent Spire experiences here? In particular, I’d like to know whether Club access is provided as stated in 2016 post above and the status of the renovation - the new rooms on IHG”s website look really nice but obviously doesn’t extend to all of them yet.
Old Jun 14, 2018, 11:30 pm

Location: Any of the Following PDX SFO IAH YUL HPN CDG SYD WLG AKL
Programs: AA GLD 1MM, DL DM, UA 1K Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador , Hyatt Platinum
Originally Posted by davidw70
Any recent Spire experiences here? In particular, I’d like to know whether Club access is provided as stated in 2016 post above and the status of the renovation - the new rooms on IHG”s website look really nice but obviously doesn’t extend to all of them yet.
i received a non renovated club room facing the street during a stay in April as Spire Ambassador. The lounge was far from impressive.
Old Jun 15, 2018, 3:33 am

Originally Posted by kiwicanuck

i received a non renovated club room facing the street during a stay in April as Spire Ambassador. The lounge was far from impressive.
Many thanks for this. I have been in touch with the hotel and they have said they will try and allocate me a renovated room but can't guarantee. I will report back.
Old Sep 12, 2018, 10:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by davidw70
Many thanks for this. I have been in touch with the hotel and they have said they will try and allocate me a renovated room but can't guarantee. I will report back.
Assuming you’ve stayed now, any feedback as Spire?

Old Sep 12, 2018, 1:51 pm

Originally Posted by clubman
Assuming you’ve stayed now, any feedback as Spire?

i cancelled in the end I’m afraid. Stayed at the IC Le Grand instead on points. Great stay - would still like to know about the CP for future reference if anyone stays.
Old Sep 12, 2018, 9:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
Ah ok, thanks. I'm looking to stay next month so I would also be intrested in any recent experiences, including reward stays. I would book the Le Grand but it's almost 3 times the cost that night and no reward stays available.
Old Oct 1, 2018, 1:45 am

Programs: BA Gold, several other less interesting cards...
I’m staying at the CP Republique at the moment. It is a dump and an expensive one at that. There are mice running around the bar. The location is about its only redeeming feature.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.