Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Crowne Plaza Copenhagen Towers Master Thread [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 12, 2010, 2:07 pm

Programs: AA Plat, LAN Comodoro, LH SEN, Flying Blue Plat
1000 points for any stay??!!

Just received my April PCR e-mail statement. In one of the promotion boxes, it says:

"New Copenhagen hotel is wonderfully eco-friendly.

Designed to be one of the world’s greenest hotels, Crowne Plaza Copenhagen Towers puts you close to downtown and major attractions like Tivoli, Stroeget, Amalienborg and Nyhavn. Enjoy VIP access to the Royal Golf Course and earn 1,000 bonus points for any stay. Book now!"

No where in the e-mail or the links that details the terms for the 1,000 bonus points- is this going to be on-going forever, for any rates booked at Crowne Plaza Copenhagen Towers?
Old Apr 12, 2010, 2:38 pm

Location: In between BRU, BSL , AOI and the rest of the world
Programs: BAEC Gold, LX Sen, HH Diamond, SPG Plat, MR Silver
Originally Posted by turner32
typing this from the excellent club lounge. In light of what was said about no recognition for plats, this morning a fruit bowl with a bottle of wine and chocolates was delivered to the room. So, fair play. If you think about it, why would they upgrade the most loyal customers?(i.e. us). - The people most likely to pay for club amenities etc.... If we wouldn't pay for this, who would? Someone has to pay..
Have an upcoming stay booked and will call hotel to see as plat ambassador what upgrade / lounge access policy to expect and in case change to the nearby Hilton. Understand room upgrade should be subject to availaibilty but lounge accces should be available if you have gold or at least platinum status
Old Apr 12, 2010, 3:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by rownada
"New Copenhagen hotel is wonderfully eco-friendly.
read: upgrade neutral guaranteed
Old Apr 27, 2010, 2:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Checked in today - excellent upgrade to suit (25th floor) with club lounge access. No welcome hospitality (fruit, wine, choc, etc) but the suite upgrade makes it all irrelevant.

Excellent decor and working solutions (ie. plugs are where they should be, etc) The bathroom is bigger than some hotel room I've stayed :-:

If/when they say they have limited suite availability, that's true. Suites are on the 25th floor, on the floor plan I counted 4 suites + one largish corner room + a normal size room.

At 8 pm the lounge was a bit understocked on food, or rather not being restocked. There was a beef dish (possibly two different meets) Red and white wines seem to be regional wines, I had a quite passable Sicilian red. There are also hard liqueur but as I'm not into it, I didn't take stock - the vodka was Russian Standard (very good)

The door was ajar, no-one checking if you are legit or not. (normally the door should be opened by your room-key)

Too bad I'm staying one night only...
Old Jun 14, 2010, 3:50 pm

Programs: LH (SEN), IHG (Plat Amb)
I have a weekend stay booked in the beginning of September. Booked a "King Deluxe" room with points. That's the lowest category, right?

So I can expect to have a standard room with a better view as an upgrade. Maybe an executive room. Of course I would really appreciate to get upgraded to a club room, but if this is not possible I would like free breakfast. Especially since, like many others, I do not eat a lot in the morning and would appreciate the convenience to get a coffee and a small bite in the hotel instead of going out before breakfast. Paying 20 EUR or more for breakfast is not an option for me!
Old Jun 15, 2010, 1:24 am

Programs: LH SEN, BA Gold, Bonvoy Plat, IHG Spire RA
Originally Posted by jochen_vdk
I have a weekend stay booked in the beginning of September. Booked a "King Deluxe" room with points. That's the lowest category, right?

So I can expect to have a standard room with a better view as an upgrade. Maybe an executive room. Of course I would really appreciate to get upgraded to a club room, but if this is not possible I would like free breakfast. Especially since, like many others, I do not eat a lot in the morning and would appreciate the convenience to get a coffee and a small bite in the hotel instead of going out before breakfast. Paying 20 EUR or more for breakfast is not an option for me!
do you have a status with PC? Why should they otherwise grant you an upgrade and give you a free breakfast? How should they know, that you don't eat much like many others
Old Jun 15, 2010, 1:43 am

Programs: BA GGL, VS Gold, BD Gold, Flying Blue Platinum, IC RA, Hilton Diamond, Eurostar Carte Blanche
Originally Posted by boekel
do you have a status with PC? Why should they otherwise grant you an upgrade and give you a free breakfast? How should they know, that you don't eat much like many others
Their profile does say RA Plat.
Old Jun 15, 2010, 2:28 am

Programs: IHG
This hotel is notoriously tight with their upgrades. I wouldn't hold your breath.
Old Jun 15, 2010, 4:17 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
I Had two stays here recently and both times I received a Club upgrade as Plat and they mentioned it to me. Room was on 21st floor I think and room key worked to gain access to the Club lounge. That gives you free breakfast weven though it is a bit limited in selection. The key problem is restocking. I was there for over 45mins and when I came many things (incl. scrambled eggs) were gone already and the whole time nothing was replensihed and no one ever showed their face. That part is extremely poor, if was paying for lounge I would complain bitterly. Otherwise lovely new place, good room, comfy, free internet, airport shuttle for free (go to the Sixt car rental counter after you arrive), no complaints.
Old Jun 15, 2010, 5:59 am

Programs: LH SEN, BA Gold, Bonvoy Plat, IHG Spire RA
Originally Posted by BA1A
Their profile does say RA Plat.
you must have mixed the line. My profile says RA Plat. jochen_vdk's profile says nothing about hotel programmes.
Old Jun 15, 2010, 11:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
you must have mixed the line. My profile says RA Plat. jochen_vdk's profile says nothing about hotel programmes.
and RA does not mean Real Ascetic
Old Jun 15, 2010, 2:52 pm

Programs: LH (SEN), IHG (Plat Amb)
Yes, I am Platinum.
Old Jun 16, 2010, 6:40 am

Programs: IHG
Originally Posted by jochen_vdk

I e-mailed the hotel about this as i may be heading over there this weekend. They guaranteed me club access for being a platinum member with a room upgrade depending on availabity. Given that this is still available on a 2-4-1, i imagine an upgrade should be possible. Contact them yourself to confirm this and take the e-mail with you to the hotel, so they can't backtrack.
Old Jun 16, 2010, 1:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by turner32
They guaranteed me club access for being a platinum member with a room upgrade depending on availabity.
That's an excellent news, as the hotel manager previously refused club access as an upgrade
Old Aug 5, 2010, 7:20 am

Programs: PC Platinum, Club Carlson Gold, GHA Black, A-Club Platinum, Hilton Silver, SPG Gold, Rica Gold, EBB
Very good hotel.

I just wanted to report that this must be one of the best 4 star hotels I´ve stayed at. The staff is really friendly and nothing seems to be a problem. And if you compare to other hotels in Denmark were the staff normally thinks that you´re bothering them if you have something to say. At the time we stayed there they had an electronic bicycle that you could get a gift card of 200 Dkk if you produced 10 watts of electricity (took about 15 min.) As a gold member we got a bottle of wine but no upgrade. Though at the 2 for 1 rate now this hotel is a true bargain. We also had the free parking which I think still works (not sure). Breakfast is nice but not worth 175 Dkk but if you take a ride on the bicycle...

Last edited by micke100; Aug 28, 2010 at 9:00 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.