Crowne Plaza Copenhagen Towers Master Thread [merged]

Old Dec 13, 2009, 12:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by aagerholm
We will vary the in-room recognition of Platinum guests,
Variety may be the spice of life, but varying platinum benefits is likely to cause confusion and frustration.
Old Dec 14, 2009, 2:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by Richey66
If Platinums will be nicely recognized in your hotel, I'll be back In February for few nights, although I was already leaning towards Mariott.
We are however unikely to offer Club Lounge access to any other guests than those staying in Club Rooms and Suites

I can perfectly understand this position for corporate rates/business days stays, but do thing that it is a very poor recognition of Plat+ members for leisure/week-ends stays
Old Dec 14, 2009, 2:40 am
Marriott 10+ Badge

Programs: LH SEN***, Bonvoy LT Titanium
I think it would be a good idea to make some suggestions about what you would like for an upgrade. I guess Club Lounge access won't be a possibility.

I can't imagine anything else I might want besides a breakfast voucher. I can't stand the idea of paying tons for breakfast when I only eat a bowl of muesli and a cup of coffee.

Last edited by cbellero; Dec 14, 2009 at 3:36 am
Old Dec 14, 2009, 3:28 am
Original Poster

Programs: LH Sen, Starwood Amb, Hilton Diamond
Upgrade to the slightly larger room category (I think called executive) would be a good option.

Originally Posted by cbellero
I think it would be a good idea to make some suggestions about what you would like for an upgrade. I guess Club Lounge access won't be a possibility.

I can't imagine anything else I might want besides a breakfast voucher. I can't stand the idea of paying tons for breakfast when I only eat a bowl of muesli and a glass of coffee.
Old Dec 14, 2009, 3:37 am
Marriott 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by Sphinx
Upgrade to the slightly larger room category (I think called executive) would be a good option.
Perhaps someone could give an overview of the room categories. I only had a club corner room. Not sure what else is out there.
Old Dec 14, 2009, 8:25 am

Programs: BA, Airmiles, BMI, HH (Gold), Hyatt (Plat), IHG (Plat Amb), Marriott (Silver), A Club
Allan,

Hi and a warm welcome to FT. I echo the views expressed already that it is good to have someone directly connected with the Hotel actively participating in this thread.

To provide a bit of encouragement to your deliberations on what benefits may be offered to PLATINUM PC members I would like to put forward the following question:

Minkey and I are thinking of coming to Copenhagen in December 2010 for the Christmas "Pixieville" market. I have requalified as PLATINUM PC for next year AND I am also Hilton GOLD for next year and pretty close to moving up from SILVER Marriott Rewards.

What will you be offering to induce me to bring my business through your front door?
Old Dec 14, 2009, 1:38 pm
Original Poster

Perhaps someone could give an overview of the room categories. I only had a club corner room. Not sure what else is out there.
If I recall correctly, according to the room plans, each floor has two significantly larger rooms (not suites): xx07 and xx16.
Old Dec 14, 2009, 6:11 pm

Programs: Priority Club Plat
I'll vote for free breakfast as a benefit. Obviously I'm for lounge as well but since that's not on the table...
Old Dec 14, 2009, 6:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 1.7 M, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, AARP Sophomore, 14-time Croix de Candlestick
Can someone confirm whether the walk to the Metro station is covered, or out in the open? My concern is to try to limit exposure to inclement weather.

I have stayed at the Hilton during my last several stays (where the walk from the Metro station to the hotel lobby is via an enclosed walkway). With the Metro, I would certainly consider trying the CP. It's nice to have the additional option.
Old Dec 14, 2009, 6:50 pm
Original Poster

The walk is not covered. But the concierge has umbrellas to lend.

Originally Posted by Non-NonRev
Can someone confirm whether the walk to the Metro station is covered, or out in the open? My concern is to try to limit exposure to inclement weather.

I have stayed at the Hilton during my last several stays (where the walk from the Metro station to the hotel lobby is via an enclosed walkway). With the Metro, I would certainly consider trying the CP. It's nice to have the additional option.
Old Feb 14, 2010, 11:38 am

Programs: BD*G, A3*G, BA-S, Accor Gold, IHG Amb
Thumbs up

I had been considering a trip to Copenhagen and last time I read this thread it was up to post 16, which put me off.
However, checking this thread again, I'm pleasantly surprised to see Allan's posts. The fact that he's here and that the hotel management are prepared to recognise Platinum members (even if the method by which they do this isn't yet confirmed) makes me overlook the out-of-the-city-centre location and will be my choice for my up coming weekend trip.^

I won't be buying breakfast at the hotel, as like others, I stick to cereals and breads and I can't justify the cost, however I would welcome the convenience of this if it were a perk for platinum members. ^
Hope that helps provides some evidence that these things do pay-off for the hotel.
Old Mar 20, 2010, 6:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Hi there,

I am the managing director of the hotel and have read your comments with great interest.

It seems that our procedures in recognising Platinum members have been very poorly implemented in the rush to get ready and open. I will review this immediately tomorrow morning.
Well, it seems that "tomorrow morning's" meeting did not lead to big decisions regarding upgrade policy

Just checked-in.
I booked an executive room with club access, and was told at reception: "welcome Mr Nicolas75, we have upgraded you to an executive room with lounge access". Great, this is what I have booked.

By the way, the advance price is higher than the one you can get today on internet (I have to say that the hotel seems totally desert, as the district around the hotel)
Old Mar 20, 2010, 7:36 am
Marriott 10+ Badge

I would certainly call the location a business location. However, if you can get a good price on the weekend it is also viable for leisure travelers who can use the quick train connection to get to the sights and sounds of Copenhagen.

The non-upgrade upgrade statement has happened to me many times at hotels. Just be happy they didn't try to sell a downgrade as an upgrade!

How did you enjoy the hotel itself? I have not been since opening. It would be interesting to hear if they have ironed out the initial issues they had.
Old Mar 22, 2010, 6:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

How did you enjoy the hotel itself? I have not been since opening. It would be interesting to hear if they have ironed out the initial issues they had.
Complete review
Old Mar 22, 2010, 12:13 pm

Originally Posted by nicolas75
Dear Nicolas,

Thank you for your message and thank you for taking the time to review your experience with us.

I was pleased to read that your overall satisfaction with the stay was good, although you did not like the interior of our rooms and certain parts of the hotel.

That is of course sad, but I am pleased to say that we are generally getting very positive feed-back.

As for the location - most of our guests are finding that it is actually much more convenient to stay on the edge of town as traffic and logistics is much more efficient

Following the earlier review concerning PCR benefits, I have ensured that we adhere 100% to these - particularly paying attention to the promise of: "Complimentary room upgrades (subject to availability)".

As you already booked an Executive Club Room, next room level is a Suite, of which we only have 4, which makes upgrade opportunities very limited.

I am sorry that we could not offer this on this occasion, but as you could tell from the receptionist (who obviously got it wrong - and thought the supervisor already upgraded you to Exec. Club Room) - we do have an upgrade policy in place which you would have enjoyed if availability had permitted.

As for the price - as I am sure you know - pricing i dynamic these days, but I can asure you that the price of an Exec. Club Room was not less on the day than the Advance Purchase - the system simply does not allow this.

I am sorry that you were not entirely happy with your stay. The room decor is not going to change, but we may add some greenery to the public areas as the hotel evolve, and I do hope we will be able to welcome you back and the we may be able to deliver on our PCR upgrade promise.

Regards
Allan

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.