Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Crowne Plaza Copenhagen Towers Master Thread [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 10, 2011, 7:51 pm

Originally Posted by Wallease
I am planning to attend a conference at the end of Oct at Bella Centre. This seems to be a good location consider I can walk to it. Is it too cold to walk 15 minutes? Everyone seems to be happy with the hotel and service.

Any other hotel I should consider on this list?

http://www.vmworld.com/community/con.../hotel-travel/

This will be my first time in Denmark.

Thanks in advance
If it's too cold you can just take the Metro from Orestad - it's one stop to Bella Centre. It can get really windy.
Old Jul 10, 2011, 7:57 pm

Originally Posted by kilted_barbarian
It shouldnt be too cold to walk 15 minutes, especially for a hardened Canadian like you

I am staying here on 18th of July - it is only my second visit, but I can highly recommend it to you. Its not very often I write directly to the hotel manager, but the staff, atmosphere and appearance of this hotel were second to none!
I stayed at Copenhagen Towers last October and it was the best service I've experienced at any IHG property.
Old Jul 11, 2011, 7:00 am

Programs: SPG Platium, PC Ambassador & Platium, Aeroplan Elite
Originally Posted by mfidelity
If it's too cold you can just take the Metro from Orestad - it's one stop to Bella Centre. It can get really windy.
Thanks for the advice, I guess this is the hotel I will stay at. I have 1 or 2 days for sightseeing. Any suggestion?
Old Jul 11, 2011, 8:00 pm

Originally Posted by Wallease
Thanks for the advice, I guess this is the hotel I will stay at. I have 1 or 2 days for sightseeing. Any suggestion?
Climb Our Savior's Church, visit National museum and Danish Resistance museum, walk around Nyhavn and University area, visit Free Christiana (read about it first - it's not for everyone).
Old Jul 12, 2011, 4:50 am

The staff is great. Location is ok, bit outside of the city although the metro train station is nearby. Be careful about buying a train ticket at the hotel even though they claim it's 40% cheaper than at the station. This is a train ticket and not a metro ticket. Instead buy an all day metro ticket at the station itself and save yourself some money.

Breakfast is more like european continental type with meat, cheese, variety of breads etc. As a platinum, you do get the lounge benefits as well as fruits and small pieces of chocolate in the room.

All in all, good, clean and modern hotel.
Old Jul 26, 2011, 3:37 pm

Programs: AA Plat/2MM, PCR Plat/Amb
I had a points stay there Sunday night, was upgraded to a 19th floor corner room, got fruit and chocolates in the room, got free breakfast. I didn't make it to the offered evening social. Comfy room and bed. Very friendly staff. Overall an excellent experience.

My only complaint (not their fault!) is that the Řrestad Metro/train station is a long windy bridge away. Even longer when it's raining.
Old Sep 27, 2011, 1:38 pm

Programs: Miles&More Senator , EX-SPG Platinum now Bonvoy LTP, IC Platinum , Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Right now i'm here for 2nd Time. Service and Hotel/Room is good. At checkin i asked for Lounge Access and I received it.

At my Room I Found some Water, Baskets with fresh fruit and some Small pieces of chocolade. (2nd day renewed!)

But you should have ear plugs with you because again Air con is very noisy and can't turned off.
Old Sep 27, 2011, 4:19 pm

Programs: BAGold; AA3MMPlat; UA1MMGold; FBGold; MarriottAmb; AccorPlat; HHGold; ICPlatAmb; HyattDiscoverist
Originally Posted by martinp13
My only complaint (not their fault!) is that the Řrestad Metro/train station is a long windy bridge away. Even longer when it's raining.
And longer than THAT when it's snowing!
Old Oct 27, 2011, 9:27 pm

Programs: SPG Platium, PC Ambassador & Platium, Aeroplan Elite
Excellent Service

Thanks for all the suggestion. I had an excellent stay during the week of Oct. 16th. Got upgraded to a corner executive room. The lounge is one of the best out there, especially with the wine and hard liquor in the evening

I do not find the walk that bad from the hotel to Fields and the train/metro station, just really windy!

I did climb on top of the Savior church and enjoyed the scenery in very windy Copenhagen. I went to Round Tower after and it is definitely disappointed compare to Savior church!
Old Dec 8, 2011, 10:57 am

Here some corner room pictures:
http://youhavebeenupgraded.blogspot....openhagen.html

Club lounge pictures:
http://youhavebeenupgraded.blogspot....enhagen-2.html

Hotel design pictures:
http://youhavebeenupgraded.blogspot....enhagen-3.html
Old Feb 21, 2012, 7:25 am
Moderator, All Nippon Airways and Japan

Programs: NH SFC (*G), JL JGP (OWE), AS MVP, WOH E, IHG SE
Any reason why this hotel would be blocked out or full on April 24-26? Is there some conference that I'm unaware of?
Old Mar 22, 2012, 1:41 pm

Programs: AMEX Centurion/Platinum, SPG Platinum, ICH Platinum, UA 1K, Delta Gold, Hilton Gold
Thanks for this lovely thread... at least now I know more about the hotel and its surrounding areas. Looks like a good and friendly hotel to visit. Any recommendations on what to see for 3 days? My girlfriend and I are are stopping here on our way to Sweden/Ukraine.

I heard museums are free and there's a viking ship in one of them? And everything, but restaurants are closed on Sundays?!?
Old Mar 25, 2012, 3:31 pm

Programs: Marriott + Hilton. Fly BA and AZ
Hilton too expensive

Hilton too expensive so I'll be trying the Crowne Plaza when I'm flying from CPH

Looking forward!!^
Old Apr 8, 2012, 3:14 pm

Programs: Marriott + Hilton. Fly BA and AZ
Am here now - so far quitely impressed

Have no status but felt very well treated at check in. Room decent and decided to eat a burger at restaurant and that was good too!!

I'll update later
Old May 28, 2012, 12:09 pm

Programs: AZ FA+, A3 G, AB G | IHG RA, HGP D, FPC P, Accor P, BW D, HH D, Eleva, GHA P, 1862 Voyager
Originally Posted by snshahmd
Be careful about buying a train ticket at the hotel even though they claim it's 40% cheaper than at the station. This is a train ticket and not a metro ticket. Instead buy an all day metro ticket at the station itself and save yourself some money.

Am staying here currently.
No upgrade - they claim it is full but I can see online that it is actually not - many rooms types available.
But no biggie, they gave lounge access, free fastest speed wifi which is indeed rather fast - normally 75 Dkk a day. Free movies including adult ones.

To clarify, they offered me a ticket at 40% off. On the ticket it shows a few logos. Dsb, S, dsbfirst, M and movia. The M is for the metro and the S is for the trains. So the ticket I was sold covers the metro as well. 2 trips for 29 DKK

Anyone else here as well?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.