Community
Wiki Posts
Search

"New" RA qualifiying limits as of June 1st, 2009

Search this Thread

Old Feb 8, 2010, 8:34 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR/LTG
Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero
I'm sure you just got someone who didn't know what they were talking about. I've got a number of CP nights, and am 100% sure that they counted towards my RA.

I'd just call again.
I've called 3 times over the last 3 weeks.

Always call the UK number. Always get through to a US agent. Always get the same answer

Not that I am drawing any conclusion, you understand!
Old Feb 8, 2010, 8:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by BA038_Passenger
I've now got 65 nights, (25 IC at 5 different IC and 40 CP) and just been told on the phone that CP nights do not count, so will not be considered for RA

I'm through with IC....
As stated above, and several times throughout this thread, that isn't true at all. When is your membership year up? If you are close to the end of the year and you account still shows as Ambassador only, then call Ambassador services, maybe at an hour when the US office is closed, and you should be granted RA.
Old Feb 8, 2010, 8:49 am

Originally Posted by stimpy
As stated above, and several times throughout this thread, that isn't true at all. When is your membership year up? If you are close to the end of the year and you account still shows as Ambassador only, then call Ambassador services, maybe at an hour when the US office is closed, and you should be granted RA.
Ambassador is expiring in April. I've booked a stay at the Amstel which isn't refundable over easter. Would be nice to think I might get the leaky bath RA treatment as BA1A did! I'll at least get the pleasure of BOGO'ing them.

Good idea about calling when the US office should be closed. 0800GMT should do it, don't you think?

Thanks for the advice!
Old Feb 8, 2010, 8:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Good idea about calling when the US office should be closed. 0800GMT should do it, don't you think?
Maybe wait for a little after 9am when everyone has had their biscuit and tea and settled in to work.

I seem to recall that my RA renewal automatically happens roughly 6 weeks before the end of the member year. So you may want to wait a bit.
Old Feb 9, 2010, 12:33 am

Programs: BA GGL, VS Gold, BD Gold, Flying Blue Platinum, IC RA, Hilton Diamond, Eurostar Carte Blanche
Originally Posted by stimpy

I seem to recall that my RA renewal automatically happens roughly 6 weeks before the end of the member year. So you may want to wait a bit.
Earlier than that IME. My RA expiry was April 2010 and on the 30th January it changed to April 2011.
Old Feb 9, 2010, 2:30 am

Programs: IC RA, KrisFlyer, Evergreen
Has anyone NOT hit the required 50-60 nights within 9 months, then later made up the amount and got renewed automatically anyway?

I'm guessing I might not hit 55 nights within 9 months but want to be sure that I can be renewed if I do hit 55 within 12 months.
Old Feb 12, 2010, 1:56 am

Programs: NZ*G, QF NB, UA 1K, AA ExecPlat, IHG PlatAmb, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, ZE1 PC
I dropped IC an email after my previous post [not having re-qualified after 51 nights/multiple ICs, in 9 months - and having received the downgrade letter]. They said that they would continue evaluating my account and they "felt confident" I would probably renew.

I then had another 11 nights in a new IC, and a couple HI and now CP nights - and I have received the letter to let me know that I've requalified with 62 nights in 12 months, and that my status is now valid through til 2011, which I'm happy about.

That said I did switch a bunch of (CP) stays over to Starwood.
Old Feb 12, 2010, 10:33 am

Programs: UA 1K 2Millon Mile Flyer, IC Diamond Royal Ambassador Inner Circle, Bonvoy Gold
Just got my renewal letter. Wheww!! This year was a nail biter with a big push at the end.

Expiry: April
Total Qualifying Nights: 60
IC nights: About 20 in 5 different IC's

There is virtually no business travel on the horizon this year and I don't see being able to sustain these nights for another year. So, I'll be enjoying the free minibar and burning points while the fun lasts...

Again, I cannot understand IC's logic of raising the RA bar with conditions being what they are.
Old Feb 12, 2010, 11:17 am

Programs: IC RA, KrisFlyer, Evergreen
@ajnz: Thanks, that information is most useful!
Old Feb 14, 2010, 12:04 am

Programs: AA EXP & 2MM, HH DIA, Hertz GLD
Howdy,

FWIW - here's my two cents - YMMV.

Last year I did the stay 3x for Amb status - after 3rd stay (at 3rd IC) I called Priority club up and asked to be made an RA...took a while on the phone - but they made me one. I'd been staying at PC properties for a couple of months I think (I stay a lot).

Anyway - I called up last week and asked if I was getting renewed. I was told, "maybe" (note: last three months of calendar year I had 0 stays - needed to grab Hilton Diamond for the last time).

This past Friday an RA renewal kit showed up in the mail - 2 months prior to my actual expiration date I believe. I had well over 100 stays at PC properties in total and maybe 30-40 nights at IC's (maybe more...not really sure).

That's my story.

Keep the faith,

Pakse
Old Feb 19, 2010, 9:10 am

Ambassador is expiring in April. I've booked a stay at the Amstel which isn't refundable over easter. Would be nice to think I might get the leaky bath RA treatment as BA1A did! I'll at least get the pleasure of BOGO'ing them.

Thanks for the advice!
I posted on the Priorityclub connect forum, and someone suggested I write to Ambassador in the UK. I wrote and posted yesterday.

Today I am a Royal Platinum Ambassador!!

Old Feb 19, 2010, 1:16 pm

Programs: IHG
Today I am a Royal Platinum Ambassador!!

__________________________________________________ ________

Welcome aboard sir.
Old Feb 19, 2010, 5:04 pm
Moderator: Mileage Run, InterContinental Hotels

Originally Posted by PremExecSNA
Did you get "the letter" or have you just heard nothing? With 64 nights, you should be good to go without any problem. Let us know what Ambassador services says...
Got the downgrade letter today and called. Was told -with now 66 PC / 55 IC paid nights- that I didn't have enough stays. When pressing the agent, she first said that I had mostly HI stays (well, yes, if 11 out of 66 is "mostly") and that those don't count for RA renewal. When pressed further, she announced that most of my stays had been award stays (again, define "most" -- I had 1 award night and the 4 FFN-type free nights, and these are NOT counted in the 66 nights total I gave above). When I asked to speak to a supervisor, the agent said she was a supervisor, and there was nothing anyone could do for me, because "the system" had decided not to renew me. Very, very annoying!
Old Feb 19, 2010, 8:41 pm

Programs: JAL JGC Diamond, OW Emerald, Marriot Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by jpdx
Got the downgrade letter today and called. Was told -with now 66 PC / 55 IC paid nights- that I didn't have enough stays. When pressing the agent, she first said that I had mostly HI stays (well, yes, if 11 out of 66 is "mostly") and that those don't count for RA renewal. When pressed further, she announced that most of my stays had been award stays (again, define "most" -- I had 1 award night and the 4 FFN-type free nights, and these are NOT counted in the 66 nights total I gave above). When I asked to speak to a supervisor, the agent said she was a supervisor, and there was nothing anyone could do for me, because "the system" had decided not to renew me. Very, very annoying!
How many different ICs did you stay in? If you've got the 3 different ICs then it's worth calling up again and hopefull you'll get someone else. If you don't have the 3 different IC properties then try and get that covered.
Old Feb 19, 2010, 9:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
I think I would only call when your RA is just about to run out. I don't know that they really know what is going on at IHG headquarters sometimes. I'm 100% sure that jpdx has stayed at 3 or more IC's. Probably closer to 7 or 8 different ones.

He's got more stays than I do, and I was given RA outright after only 7 months.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.