Community
Wiki Posts
Search

"New" RA qualifiying limits as of June 1st, 2009

Search this Thread

Old Sep 17, 2009, 5:06 pm

Programs: JAL JGC Diamond, OW Emerald, Marriot Bonvoy Platinum
I really wonder what their criteria are. I've so far had 54 qualifying nights register, of which 48 were at 3 different ICs and I actually paid for 56 nights.... I might just give up and stay at other hotels if I don't get an RA invite if the 3 nights I stayed this week doesn't do anything.
Old Sep 18, 2009, 3:06 am

Programs: Bonvoy Gold, AA Plat, Volare Premier, VS Silver, National Emerald Elite, Hertz President Circle
Originally Posted by Frequent_Flyer1
The first line is the date, when my referral certificate was processed. The second entry, however, was so far stating "Ambassador Renewal" and not "Royal Ambassador Renewal". So it seems that I was nevertheless automatically (magically?) renewed. And this was confirmed to me today when I got a call from the Service Center.
Sorry but I am confused by your two posts. Irrespective of the issue of the cert.

Were you AMB and were up'ed to RA or requalified as RA?

I am trying to get to RA with 50odd nights at misc HI/IC and 4 ICs but not sure it'll go through.
Old Sep 18, 2009, 5:09 am

Programs: LX SEN, BA Gfl/GGL, IC Dia, HH Dia, Hyatt LT GLOB
Originally Posted by wobbly wings
Sorry but I am confused by your two posts. Irrespective of the issue of the cert.

Were you AMB and were up'ed to RA or requalified as RA?

I am trying to get to RA with 50odd nights at misc HI/IC and 4 ICs but not sure it'll go through.
Sorry for any confusion caused by my posts. No, I have been RA before and my membership year was/is running till the end of August. So regarding your question, I requalified.
Old Sep 18, 2009, 5:42 am

Programs: Bonvoy Gold, AA Plat, Volare Premier, VS Silver, National Emerald Elite, Hertz President Circle
Originally Posted by Frequent_Flyer1
Sorry for any confusion caused by my posts. No, I have been RA before and my membership year was/is running till the end of August. So regarding your question, I requalified.
Many thanks.

Is the opinion of this thread that RA re-qualification and qualification are treated in the same way by ICH or is the former easier?
Old Sep 18, 2009, 5:34 pm
JBa

Programs: some
It looks like sometimes it's worth to just wait and see how things come together.
In response to Frequent_Flyer1s two emails about requalification
Old Sep 21, 2009, 1:54 am

This is an awesome day today!!

I had a look if my Crown Plaza night has credited from last week and it showed me today that I'm elevated to:

Ambassador Status: Royal Platinum Ambassador
How cool is this? I had 37 nights in total this year (not my Ambassador year.
25 nights in IC Hotels alover China and a view in Germany
The rest was in HI, HIX and Crown Plaza properties!!
total points today about 160k!

This is to cool! How long does it take to get the RAmb Starter kit?

Markus
Old Sep 21, 2009, 2:17 am

Programs: JAL JGC Diamond, OW Emerald, Marriot Bonvoy Platinum
Congratulations! How many night did you have during your ambassador year?

Just as an FYI, my current situation is 57 qualifying nights, 51 at 3 different IC and the other 6 nights at 1 CP. Seems like that's not enough for an invite...
Old Sep 21, 2009, 2:25 am

I had 25IC nights
1CP night
and 6free nights in IC's

At this point of time I have 5 booked nights at a HI in my profile!
I accumulated about 150k point in this year.

Yesterday it didn't show the CP night in my account and today it was in my account and I was elevated to Royal Amb!
So it might be the CP night which put me over the threshold!

Markus
Old Sep 21, 2009, 4:13 am

Programs: LX SEN, BA Gfl/GGL, IC Dia, HH Dia, Hyatt LT GLOB
Originally Posted by Comet21
Just as an FYI, my current situation is 57 qualifying nights, 51 at 3 different IC and the other 6 nights at 1 CP. Seems like that's not enough for an invite...
As having been in the same situation as you, I can totally understand your frustation involving the bizarre qualification criteria(s).
Old Sep 21, 2009, 4:55 am

How long is the RA valid? until end of my Amb year? So just 6 Month. Maybe I will get rufused for a requali after 04/2010 when my Amb year is ending?!
Old Sep 21, 2009, 7:59 am

Programs: DL DM/1MM, UA 1K, SPG Plat
Smile Platinum Royal Ambassador Member

Logged in this morning to see if my stay from last week had posted (yes). Which also meant I hit 50 nights for the year, staying at 3 different US IC's (+1 HI night).

Also noticed my status had gained the word "Royal," which I had anticipated based on the numbers I'd seen discussed on FT.

So what happens now? I'm guessing not much, since 85% of those nights were spent at one property, where they already know me on sight and treat me very well.

Thanks to everyone for posting useful information here - hopefully this helps as well.
Old Sep 21, 2009, 6:22 pm
Suspended

Programs: Royal Ambassador/ SPG Platinum 75/Marriott gold
intersting I have nowhere near the number of nights lots of people here have and yet I keep getting RA? I guess I have a lot less nights but 95% of them are at IC's Also they are all over the world. So perhaps they also want people who stay at a lot of IC's
Old Sep 22, 2009, 4:31 am

Programs: BMI/SQ/AFKL/PC RAmboŽ/Oyster/B&Q
Originally Posted by Markus1301
How long is the RA valid? until end of my Amb year? So just 6 Month. Maybe I will get rufused for a requali after 04/2010 when my Amb year is ending?!

Yes -certainly a possibility.Maybe they put you on a sort of 1/2+ year trial to encourage further loyalty/spending and hopefully get a full year RA renewal.
Old Sep 24, 2009, 10:44 am
EdV

Programs: SPG Plat, PC Plat, AA ExPlat, LT Gold
No such magical luck for me

Originally Posted by nativeATL
Logged in this morning to see if my stay from last week had posted (yes). Which also meant I hit 50 nights for the year, staying at 3 different US IC's (+1 HI night).
Also noticed my status had gained the word "Royal," which I had anticipated based on the numbers I'd seen discussed on FT.
Well, based upon what people were reporting here I eagerly signed into my account today to see my most recent stay post. Unfortunately, I don't see the wonderful automatic "Royal renewal"... Here's my stay history details for all paid nights:

55 nights, YTD
3 IC Stays
8 Nights at ICs

I thought this would be enough but somehow not working for me. RA expires for me Sept 30, if I were to include my full Ambassador year they are higher. But do I include just back to beginning of Sept 08? I would assume so and not the 2 months prior. Email time again?
Old Sep 24, 2009, 12:49 pm

Edv, my understanding is that had you had these figures two months prior to expiration when the review is done the outcome might have been different. Perhaps you can email them asking for a manual check on the account. Not sure though.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.