Community
Wiki Posts
Search

"New" RA qualifiying limits as of June 1st, 2009

Search this Thread

Old Sep 7, 2009, 12:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Smart Shopper
I thought that Account Activity is only available for the past 6 months.
My account offers me the option to look at transactions for last 30 days, last 90 days and last 180 days.
You have to use a link with a transaction= parameter specified. (The link demue posted is not correct for this purpose.)

This will get you all that is available (ca. 2 years):
https://secure.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d...ansaction=1100

Discussion here:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/inter...ed-thread.html
Old Sep 7, 2009, 12:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
You can also hack the website, which is pretty easy, to put in any number of days. I use the Firebug extension to Firefox to enter in whatever value I want.
Old Sep 7, 2009, 1:29 pm

Thanks soitgoes & stimpy for your valuable input!
Old Sep 7, 2009, 2:59 pm

Programs: IHG RA, MR Plat, AA EXP
Status Renewal Details

55 Total Nights
21 IC Nights
6 Different IC. 5 in US 1 in Mexico
Old Sep 7, 2009, 5:02 pm

Another data point: my RA was also renewed on 5 Sept; my year end is Nov.

I had 50 qualifying nights in 2009 - this was spread between 4 ICs.
Old Sep 7, 2009, 9:27 pm

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Thanks soitgoes & stimpy for your valuable input!
Thanks guys for pointing out that I copied the wrong link. Apologies for the confusion. I corrected it in my original post. Too many PC links in my favorites.
Old Sep 9, 2009, 6:35 am
KRS

My RA was due to expire 09/2009 and as I had not heard anything about renewal/demotion I emailed yesterday asking for an extra month of status expecting to lose RA.

Today I received an email confirming my renewal

Here are my stay details (51 nights, 45 paid):
  • 27 IC Paid
  • 2 IC Redeem
  • 7 CP Paid
  • 11 HI Paid
  • 4 HI Redeem

All this activity was during the last 9 months.
Old Sep 9, 2009, 8:47 pm

Dear fellow RA members,

I think it is important to also specify here
- your RA expiry date, and
- the period for counting your number of nights (e.g. Sept 08 to Aug 09)

From what I learned, RA review / renewal is always being done 2 moths prior to the expiry date of your RA status. At that time (i.e. 2 months before your RA expiry), IHG looks at the previous 12 moths' stay count. Please correct me, if I'm wrong.

This will help us to understand IHG's RA renewal limit better.
Old Sep 9, 2009, 10:00 pm

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Also I don't think Reward nights count at all so either don't count them in or account for them separately.
Old Sep 10, 2009, 1:34 am

Programs: BA, FB, LH; PC/IC, HH, MR
Originally Posted by stimpy
You can also hack the website, which is pretty easy, to put in any number of days. I use the Firebug extension to Firefox to enter in whatever value I want.
or change the number at the end of the URL stated above to the number of days required. I believe 4000 is the max, but for obvious reasons, 365 will get you your last year of activity
Old Sep 15, 2009, 8:29 am

Programs: LX SEN, BA Gfl/GGL, IC Dia, HH Dia, Hyatt LT GLOB
I just want to keep you informed about my outcome in line with my "requalification saga". As written in my earlier posts in this thread, my status was due to expire at the end of August. At this time I had 51 stays (all paid and 49 of them at 8 IC hotels) during my ambassador membership year, so the last 12 months. And as my status wasn't automatically renewed, I contacted the service center at the beginning of September and asked about a manual review of my account. However, a negative response was provided:

[...] the Royal Ambassador status is systematically awarded to the top one percent tier of our most frequent guests. We regret that we are unable to manually upgrade your status at this time. [...]
[rant on] To be honest, at first I was quite perplexed about this. So obviously the loyalty of someone who is staying mainly at HP/CI is valued more than a guest who has a IC return frequency of more than 95%. Odd, but maybe that's the case. So in my case it would have been better to invest the amount spent during the last year (approximately 15'000 USD) at other hotels of the chain. [/rant off]

Fortunately, a close business associate who I was telling this story last week couldn't believe it either and immediately offered his assistance. He was generous enough to provide me his referral certificate. So yes, after one week the referral has been processed and my status was updated to RA once again. However, under other circumstances than expected. But nevertheless, I'm happy and I'll certainly enjoy my status and I'm grateful for my friend's gesture. ^

Will I change my stay pattern in the upcoming year? Yes, definitely. This year I'll not try to reach RA all-out respectively by any means and I'll choose the IC hotels carefully. So in cities with great IC hotels and/or with great treatments I'll definitely return (like HKG, FRA, Berchtesgaden, etc.) but pass other hotels (like BKK). If my agenda in the upcoming 12 months takes me repeatedly to the foremost mentioned cities, the requalification could even happen on its own. But that's just a guess at this time.
Old Sep 15, 2009, 7:37 pm

I just found out that F&F rate will not be counted as qualifying nights.
Old Sep 16, 2009, 1:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by markdg
or change the number at the end of the URL stated above to the number of days required. I believe 4000 is the max, but for obvious reasons, 365 will get you your last year of activity
In my testing, putting the number in the URL doesn't go back as far as the hack I do. But in any case, both ways go back 365 days.
Old Sep 16, 2009, 5:00 pm

Programs: AA ExpMM, DL 2MM, IHG Spire/RA
I have a choice of either going for RA or HHonors Diamond. I am sure I can make the Honors Diamond, but it would be close for the RA.

Since there is no way to be sure of RA status due to the nebulous criteria, I will probably just do the Hilton Honors Diamond and use some points tobe a Platinum Amb next year.

I really wish they would publish an actual criteria that could be counted on.
Old Sep 17, 2009, 6:12 am

Programs: LX SEN, BA Gfl/GGL, IC Dia, HH Dia, Hyatt LT GLOB
Wink Well, well...

I didn't think that I would be able to post another update so soon after my last post: But when I was logging into my account yesterday evening, I noticed that my "other activity" listing had changed:

xx Sep 2009 Royal Ambassador Status
xx Aug 2009 Royal Ambassador Renewal
The first line is the date, when my referral certificate was processed. The second entry, however, was so far stating "Ambassador Renewal" and not "Royal Ambassador Renewal". So it seems that I was nevertheless automatically (magically?) renewed. And this was confirmed to me today when I got a call from the Service Center. They apologised and said that my account was once again reviewed automatically once my last multi-day-stay had posted at the end of my membership year (checking out on the last day of the month) and that the last agent (when I was asking for a manual review) didn't take notice of it.

So in fact I wouldn't have needed the referral certificate of my friend and when I asked about this, the agent acknowledged this and said that he would forward this to the management level.

It seems that a lot of IC nights is still valued by them...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.