Wiki Posts
Search

Wifi code for IC SF? Club?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 6, 2009, 12:14 pm
Original Poster

Programs: POS, Delta Skymiles, IC Plat Amb., Hilton Gold, SPG gold
Wifi code for IC SF? Club?

I am staying at the IC SF and wondered if anyone knows the wifi code for the club connection?

Any help is appreciated
Old Jun 6, 2009, 3:54 pm

If my memory serves me well, they change it quite frequently... That to prevent people to share it inappropriately me thinks
Old Jun 6, 2009, 4:00 pm
Original Poster

aah - ok thanks - btw, they just moved me from a king basic to king deluxe - offered me a junior suite but i declined

funny enough the junior suite doesn't look anything like junior suites i've stayed in before as there's absolutely no separation from the bed area and the seating area.

anyway - this is no IC boston but its nice overall
Old Jun 6, 2009, 11:11 pm

Originally Posted by allen074
aah - ok thanks - btw, they just moved me from a king basic to king deluxe - offered me a junior suite but i declined

funny enough the junior suite doesn't look anything like junior suites i've stayed in before as there's absolutely no separation from the bed area and the seating area.
Why did you decline the upgrade?!??!?!

Regardless, yes that is how all the Jr Suites are at IC SF. No separation at all. I rather like the floor-to-ceiling windows and the view from the upper floor Jr Suites though at this hotel.................^
Old Jun 6, 2009, 11:27 pm

Programs: Various Programs of Interest & LT Collector.
For RA's they waive the internet fees.

Just charge it to the room and they take it off. You can confirm if they are still doing this in the club lounge.
Old Jun 7, 2009, 9:41 am

Programs: SK*G, IC RA
Originally Posted by TravelGuy1965
For RA's they waive the internet fees.

Just charge it to the room and they take it off. You can confirm if they are still doing this in the club lounge.
this offer is valid for Ambassadors as well.

If you don't have lounge access, then note that to get a working wireless code, you need to connect wired in the room first. You then get a wireless code (from the extremely annoying popup window)... that will work ½-1 day.

I spent ½ hour with their (outsourced) internet support, and even though the support person promised it would work for 5 days... well..

In the room you can enter room# + last name to get wireless access (after purchase), so in the end I just gave up on the lobby/conference floor wireless access.
Old Jun 7, 2009, 9:46 am

Originally Posted by gregorygrady
Why did you decline the upgrade?!??!?!

Regardless, yes that is how all the Jr Suites are at IC SF. No separation at all. I rather like the floor-to-ceiling windows and the view from the upper floor Jr Suites though at this hotel.................^
I agree completely - VERY nice junior suites at this hotel! Just spent a week in one of them - beautiful view of bay bridge.
Old Jun 7, 2009, 2:09 pm
Original Poster

i agree that the popup is absolutely the worst i've ever seen - if you have popup blocker on, it keeps attempting to load it about every other minute which is a pain in the rump when i am trying to work.
Old Jun 7, 2009, 5:14 pm

Definitely free wireless internet for Ambassadors - it was mentioned when I checked in, and also on the welcome letter. They've charged it to my room and promised to take the charge off when I check out.

The hotel is very nice, but not impressed with the service - arrived at 9 p.m. last night and no-one offered to help with my bags from the taxi, there was a queue to check in (no-one at what I assume are the Amb/RA check in desks to the left of reception), no newspaper, no hot water this morning and they haven't replaced the free water in my room. My only complaint about the room is that soundproofing from outside isn't great - I've got a room at the front of the hotel, and the traffic noise is noticeable even on the 18th floor.
Old Jun 7, 2009, 5:56 pm
Original Poster

no hot water in my room either

although on the 14th floor i hear absolutely no outside noise

the restaurant is very, very expensive compared to say the rest. at the w.

Originally Posted by ag51
Definitely free wireless internet for Ambassadors - it was mentioned when I checked in, and also on the welcome letter. They've charged it to my room and promised to take the charge off when I check out.

The hotel is very nice, but not impressed with the service - arrived at 9 p.m. last night and no-one offered to help with my bags from the taxi, there was a queue to check in (no-one at what I assume are the Amb/RA check in desks to the left of reception), no newspaper, no hot water this morning and they haven't replaced the free water in my room. My only complaint about the room is that soundproofing from outside isn't great - I've got a room at the front of the hotel, and the traffic noise is noticeable even on the 18th floor.
Old Jun 8, 2009, 2:17 am

Programs: Delta Silver, United 2P, SQ, SPG Plat, PC Plat AMB, Hyatt Dia, Hilton Gold, Accor Plat
Free wi-fi

Just to confirm this. I also used the business centre and had charges there which were billed directly to my cc and then reversed a few days later. Agreed, restaurant is pricey, but there is a Mel's nearby

Old Jun 8, 2009, 7:01 am

there was a queue to check in (no-one at what I assume are the Amb/RA check in desks to the left of reception)
Same issue when I checked out. I asked the concierge, and I checked out in the club lounge - no problem.

no newspaper, no hot water this morning and they haven't replaced the free water in my room.
There is a pile of newspapers by the elevators on each floor. Water normally replaced daily ~4pm (1 liter Evian).
Old Jun 8, 2009, 8:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
Originally Posted by allen074

anyway - this is no IC boston but its nice overall
This is what I understand to be a junior suite. If there were a seperate bedroom I would call it a one-bedroom suite. And there certainly can be mixtures between the two types eg with some kind of big TV between it (like in the Parker LM in New York or the SR in Beijing). However, the real suites in the SF IC are pretty nice, you won't get one of these when booking the absolutely cheapest rate. I got upgraded to one of there top floor suite from a junior suite.

Anyway: It normally costs a fraction of the absolutely overpriced and overrated Boston IC (which has no separation between the bed and the seeting area either and lacks a proper separation between the bathroom and the rest of the room too)
Old Jun 9, 2009, 2:23 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Skymiles Platinum Medallion
Thumbs down I was not impressed!

I was not impressed at all by this hotel. I felt I was nickel and dimed @ every corner. I even purchased a plan and ended up having charges to my room continuosly which I had to dispute to have removed, not a good level of service! I even returned the drink coupons I was given! I doubt I will ever come back! Spa was over priced, even with the package I purchased, I considered it expensive! I pay the same price at a nice spa in Chicago, even discounting the package voucher I got.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.