Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IC Fiji Golf Resort & Spa Master Thread [merged]

Search this Thread

Old May 2, 2009, 6:44 pm
Original Poster

IC Fiji Golf Resort & Spa Master Thread [merged]

This new IC hasn't officially opened to the public just yet, the date for this is currently sceduled for 09MAY09.

A beautiful IC resort with 271 rooms, many suites and situated right on Natadola Bay which is arguably the most beautiful beach on the mainland. The resort is about an hour taxi ride from NAN (this time may vary as the roads are currently quite bad after some big rains they experienced earlier in the year).

The rooms are very nice and well appointed. They are set out in block forms with about 4 - 6 rooms per block (we only went through the blicks closest to the beach). Right in the middle of the resort is (as claimed by the staff) the largest swimming pool in Fiji. There are some large ones on Denaru so I'm skeptical if it's officially the biggest. It id very nice and children friendly. The absence of a swim up bar is quite unusual for a resort.

Upon arriving at the resort you pull up under a typical fijian driveway with covering where a porter will greet you and collect your bags. You are then lead along a beautiful raised walkway to the check in area which is on your right. The views out over Natadola Bay from heer are spectacular. The walkway to the check in area is raised by design and the reason for this is because there is an unused railway line that goes right through the resort, which the government would not allow to be removed, so the architects had to build the resort around it. It's been done very tastefully and adds a nice amount of character to the resort.

We didn't get a chance to see the golf course and I'm told it's incomplete as of last week. As much as the resort is insistant itwill be ready for paying guests on 09MAY09 I would be suprised if the initial guests are happy with the product as it's not complete.

Unfortunately I don't have any pictures but a colleague is still there and will hopefully get some images from him and include them in this thread.

Happy to answer any specific questions if needed.
Old May 23, 2009, 1:37 pm

Programs: UA-lifetime Platinum (2MM), IHG-Amb, HH-Diamond, Hertz-PC, Marriott-Gold, CX-AM
Question snorkeling?

Did you have a chance to swim or snorkel at the beach in front of the hotel? If you did, how was the quality? Any house reef? Is it something like Maldives or Tahiti? Any dive operator at the hotel?
Old May 24, 2009, 7:14 pm

How much was it for dinner/drinks at the bar? Are there many places to go to dine near by this property?
Old May 31, 2009, 7:54 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by GordonGordon
Did you have a chance to swim or snorkel at the beach in front of the hotel? If you did, how was the quality? Any house reef? Is it something like Maldives or Tahiti? Any dive operator at the hotel?
The water is quite clear and blue at the front of the hotel. From what I was told however, the watersports will be limited at the resort as the currents are quite strong at the beach in front of the hotel and they could not get liability insurance. I didn't get the opportunity to snorkle there but did have a quick dip - it's a sandy bottom close to shore with a visible reef further out.

There were no dive operator located at the hotel as it was not officially open when i was there but I'm sure the hotel could put you in contact with a reputable operator.

Comparable to IC Tahiti in the layout and beach front but nothing like IC Bora Bora or Moorea.
Old May 31, 2009, 7:56 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by yyz-kin
How much was it for dinner/drinks at the bar? Are there many places to go to dine near by this property?
As I mentioned we were there prior to the official opening and everything was comp'd.

There is nothing within walking distance to the resort, you would need to get a taxi/car/bus to other eating facilities near by.
Old Jun 4, 2009, 2:22 pm

Programs: QF QP NB, PC Plat. Amb, SPG Gold
Looks like there's some good opening rates available - see http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/pc/...apac/fiji.html for more info. At FJ$210 per night including taxes (or about US$105 per night) it's pretty decent value, especially including 4000 bonus points as well. Need to book by 9th of June though to get those rates and they're only available through the link above I think - they don't come up in the general search.
Old Jun 4, 2009, 10:26 pm

New InterContinental resort opened in Fiji

hi
has anyone stayed or heard any experience about this resort recently opened? on their website doesn't show much info nor photos (especially the rooms).

by the way they are running very good opening deals for all their rooms and suites!!

thanks advance
Old Jun 19, 2009, 3:25 am

anyone has any update for this resort?
thanks
Old Jun 19, 2009, 6:28 am

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
This tread might actually get some answers if it was in the IC Hotels forum and not the Luxury Hotels forum. I would either post there or maybe the mods can move the thread.

Wait.....a quick search in that forum shows there is already a thread on the Fiji property:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/inter...esort-spa.html
Old Jun 19, 2009, 11:17 am
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Moving thread to the IC Forum, where it will likely be merged with the existing thread.
Obscure2k
Luxury Hotels
Old Jul 14, 2009, 9:40 pm

RA treatment? Has any RA's stayed here on award points and still received all RA benefits? thanks.
Old Jul 23, 2009, 4:30 pm

does anybody have pictures of this property from a recent trip report? I have searched for some detailed photos on this hotel but cant seem to locate many. TripAdvisor has a few but I am looking for more room/suite pictures.

thanks
Old Sep 3, 2009, 12:41 pm

Any recent RA stay experiences at this new resort?
Old Sep 3, 2009, 5:09 pm

Programs: VA Platinum, QF Lifetime silver (ex plat :(), Accor Gold, IHG Ambassador, PC Platinum, Starwood Gold
Originally Posted by globaltrotter
Any recent RA stay experiences at this new resort?
or Plat Ambassadors?

also any idea when the club is open?
Old Sep 3, 2009, 10:13 pm

Programs: QANTAS Club Silver, PC Royal Platinum Ambassador
Originally Posted by morepointsplease
or Plat Ambassadors?

also any idea when the club is open?
I am traveling. there on 16 September for a week so I will let you know

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.