Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IC Fiji Golf Resort & Spa Master Thread [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27, 2018, 2:08 am
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Lionheart
I checked in an hour ago on points.
i forgot to ask how much to pay for club. Went back 20 minutes later and they out right refused to provide any price for club as it's only possible if I book a club room.
I tried to explain I couldn't because it's a points stay and she said unfortunately she can't help, but I'm more than welcome to walk up to club to have a look at it!!

First time ever at an IC, seems weird? Perhaps I should email them or is it not worth it?
It's Fiji, what do you expect? Ask for the duty manager. No hotel turns down extra revenue.
Old Mar 27, 2018, 3:24 am

Originally Posted by m0hamed
It's Fiji, what do you expect? Ask for the duty manager. No hotel turns down extra revenue.
Thanks for the advice. I'm not that brave yet They have been rapid to respond to a couple of previous emails and club is now useless for tonight (9pm), and so I've sent an email asking them to confirm what I was told at concierge or "Did I misunderstand" Should get a reply first thing in the morning.

To be brutally honest, I'm not that keen on absolutely everything being done for me - trying to pick my bag up to put on the golf buggy and they insisting that they do it. I guess I'm just not used to 5* standards - I'm usually more Holiday Inn UK / (good) Crowne Plaza level. Just staying a few days to rest after Volunteering in Nadi and the only IHG property around.
I also thought Spire should get a drinks coupon but I got 4 bite sized cookies as a thank you for Spire instead.

As for the security thing a few posts above, they saw 2 (white) people arriving in a taxi and immediately opened the barrier & shouted Bula. We didn't stop at the checkpoint or give our names or anything at all.
Old Mar 27, 2018, 3:44 am

Programs: most
Went there earlier this year, check in said you will have use of the club ( I’m Plat Elite), I knew this was wrong, but I rocked up to the club anyway and was politely told that I was not permitted to use the facility. The club manager let me hang around and have a couple of drinks , which was decent of him.
Amuway thqts the weird thing about IC, some places you can pay your way in, some places you can smooch your way in and others forget it. Anyway the club is too far from the beach and hopefully you have a beach front villa anyway
Old Mar 27, 2018, 4:09 am

Originally Posted by datexan
Went there earlier this year, check in said you will have use of the club ( I’m Plat Elite), I knew this was wrong, but I rocked up to the club anyway and was politely told that I was not permitted to use the facility. The club manager let me hang around and have a couple of drinks , which was decent of him.
Amuway thqts the weird thing about IC, some places you can pay your way in, some places you can smooch your way in and others forget it. Anyway the club is too far from the beach and hopefully you have a beach front villa anyway
Nah we have Garden View Room only - I'm only Spire and it's a points stay - no upgrade & no pretend/effort to provide an upgrade. Oh well we've been put on the edge of the resort too (by the fine dining restaurant).

I'll post about it in the Rewards Club review section in a few days - and see if they reply re: club.

Edit: We are still only a couple of minutes walk to the beach from our room or less, so can't complain too much!

Last edited by Lionheart; Mar 27, 2018 at 4:44 am
Old Mar 27, 2018, 5:31 pm

Sorry for the multiple posts to this thread but you guys know your stuff

They placed a hold on my debit card of 621FJD (600 FJD and, without explaining, a 3.5% extra for credit card).
I reiterated it was a debit card, she didn't care. The IHG website states a 3.5% charge on credit cards - hence why I know the 21FJD is for that. This is why I specifically use a debit card.

Does nobody in Fiji know what a debit card is? Or if you're going to charge me 3.5%, call it a card fee - not a credit card fee! I appreciate it's only a few USD, but it's simply the principle. The IHG website on booking clearly states only a credit card fee.

​​​​​​Maybe I'm now being unreasonable & over picky. That haven't bothered to respond to my email re: club, and my stomach is upset. Not the best start Auckland next week though.

Edit: No reply to my email regarding club. Phoned reception as not asked about welcome points or a free drink at check-in. "Unfortunately we've run out of drinks vouchers and the points will post after you check out". I said that's not really good enough and they were going to speak to a manager & phone me back. Of course, nobody phoned back. I'll walk to reception later to try to sort out again. It's not that hard to comp a drink.

Edit 2: Walked to reception after dinner. First lady pulled out some grey vouchers before then saying I should speak to the lady who never phoned me back. Found her and she spoke to a manager in Fijian and came back with the answer that there is no way they can give me a few drink as they "Have not received the vouchers from IHG for several weeks". I asked to comp a drink from last night instead but "this would be impossible Sir, as if we make an exception for you, everybody will ask us". I told them politely this was absolutely ridiculous as if other people ask, it's because they are also IHG members. They refused to budge and so I walked back to my room and they phoned within 5 minutes to say that they will comp me a drink from last night after all. Shoddy all round with outright lies - the vouchers are in the desk!

Last edited by Lionheart; Mar 28, 2018 at 4:59 am
Old Apr 29, 2018, 11:21 pm

Sorry for the multiple posts to this thread but you guys know your stuff

They placed a hold on my debit card of 621FJD (600 FJD and, without explaining, a 3.5% extra for credit card).
I reiterated it was a debit card, she didn't care. The IHG website states a 3.5% charge on credit cards - hence why I know the 21FJD is for that. This is why I specifically use a debit card.

Does nobody in Fiji know what a debit card is? Or if you're going to charge me 3.5%, call it a card fee - not a credit card fee! I appreciate it's only a few USD, but it's simply the principle. The IHG website on booking clearly states only a credit card fee.

​​​​​​Maybe I'm now being unreasonable & over picky. That haven't bothered to respond to my email re: club, and my stomach is upset. Not the best start Auckland next week though.

Edit: No reply to my email regarding club. Phoned reception as not asked about welcome points or a free drink at check-in. "Unfortunately we've run out of drinks vouchers and the points will post after you check out". I said that's not really good enough and they were going to speak to a manager & phone me back. Of course, nobody phoned back. I'll walk to reception later to try to sort out again. It's not that hard to comp a drink.

Edit 2: Walked to reception after dinner. First lady pulled out some grey vouchers before then saying I should speak to the lady who never phoned me back. Found her and she spoke to a manager in Fijian and came back with the answer that there is no way they can give me a few drink as they "Have not received the vouchers from IHG for several weeks". I asked to comp a drink from last night instead but "this would be impossible Sir, as if we make an exception for you, everybody will ask us". I told them politely this was absolutely ridiculous as if other people ask, it's because they are also IHG members. They refused to budge and so I walked back to my room and they phoned within 5 minutes to say that they will comp me a drink from last night after all. Shoddy all round with outright lies - the vouchers are in the desk!

Thanks for the detailed post! I have an upcoming stay at this property, did you ever email property in advance to ask for an upgrade?
also, no access to club so I cannot use that nice infinity pool??

lastly, did you rent a car while in nadi?

thanks!!
Old Apr 30, 2018, 12:24 am

Originally Posted by xgeorge1
Thanks for the detailed post! I have an upcoming stay at this property, did you ever email property in advance to ask for an upgrade?
also, no access to club so I cannot use that nice infinity pool??

lastly, did you rent a car while in nadi?

thanks!!
No worries. That drink was not comped after all, it was still on my bill at checkout - the staff person got it removed but seemed surprised why they didn't give me a voucher on check-in instead ... I gave them a TripAdvisor review and their reply was to "reach out to me for further details" - nobody did! Do let us know if you get offered a drinks voucher or "We haven't received them from head office"

I never emailed in advance regarding club - they would almost certainly say you need to book a club room (your ambassador status may make a difference, I'm only Spire). However if you booked on points and would like a club room, definititely worth emailing in advance. They told me everybody who books points gets no upgrade (again I have no idea if any of this is truthful.)

The infinity pool is available for all, fortunately. There's a 3rd pool for Club only. The infinity pool is for 16+ years of age and so be aware if you have any teenage kids. The second pool (available to all, non infinity) is nice looking but shallow for any decent swim.
​​​
We didn't rent a car, taxi from Nadi international airport was 90FJD - plenty of taxis there from the domestic terminal. Confirm the price before driving off. The IC website quotes much higher prices for a private transfer, however they quoted us 120FJD for the journey back to the airport in a shuttle minibus (we were the only customers) - organised after we checked in. I'd recommend a taxi to the IC if you arrive in the middle of the day, and arrange a shuttle bus back for the extra 30FJD, for the peace of mind that they won't let you down. Some taxis will have Air Con (if you really want it, find a taxi with it).

If you do rent a car, taxis are pretty irrelevant. However taxis are pretty cheap if you look at the distances/prices involved. There's not much nearby the IC, so it's definitely worth seeing if club is worth it (cocktails are circa 25-30FJD each, happy hour isn't much cheaper at all).

Service to pool side is slowwwwww. Fiji time. But most people seem to have a great time (despite my overall negative experience) especially if you're not in a rush for a drink & happy to splurge out for the special time you're there.

Last edited by Lionheart; Apr 30, 2018 at 12:34 am
Old Apr 30, 2018, 10:07 am

No worries. That drink was not comped after all, it was still on my bill at checkout - the staff person got it removed but seemed surprised why they didn't give me a voucher on check-in instead ... I gave them a TripAdvisor review and their reply was to "reach out to me for further details" - nobody did! Do let us know if you get offered a drinks voucher or "We haven't received them from head office"

I never emailed in advance regarding club - they would almost certainly say you need to book a club room (your ambassador status may make a difference, I'm only Spire). However if you booked on points and would like a club room, definititely worth emailing in advance. They told me everybody who books points gets no upgrade (again I have no idea if any of this is truthful.)

The infinity pool is available for all, fortunately. There's a 3rd pool for Club only. The infinity pool is for 16+ years of age and so be aware if you have any teenage kids. The second pool (available to all, non infinity) is nice looking but shallow for any decent swim.
​​​
We didn't rent a car, taxi from Nadi international airport was 90FJD - plenty of taxis there from the domestic terminal. Confirm the price before driving off. The IC website quotes much higher prices for a private transfer, however they quoted us 120FJD for the journey back to the airport in a shuttle minibus (we were the only customers) - organised after we checked in. I'd recommend a taxi to the IC if you arrive in the middle of the day, and arrange a shuttle bus back for the extra 30FJD, for the peace of mind that they won't let you down. Some taxis will have Air Con (if you really want it, find a taxi with it).

If you do rent a car, taxis are pretty irrelevant. However taxis are pretty cheap if you look at the distances/prices involved. There's not much nearby the IC, so it's definitely worth seeing if club is worth it (cocktails are circa 25-30FJD each, happy hour isn't much cheaper at all).

Service to pool side is slowwwwww. Fiji time. But most people seem to have a great time (despite my overall negative experience) especially if you're not in a rush for a drink & happy to splurge out for the special time you're there.
Cool thanks for the quick reply

what is the 3rd club pool? is it any decent just out of curiosity?
I will email them and see any chance of upgrading with cash since my is award booking and I am actually only a plat member lol not even Spire :/
Old Apr 22, 2019, 4:09 pm

Can anyone specify just how big/small is the dinner service at the Club lounge? Is it just canapes being served to the table or is there an additional small buffet to choose from?
Thanks.
Old Aug 17, 2019, 9:39 pm

Programs: HYATT Globalist Alaska 100k
First time writing ever in IHG. I have been Hyatt Globalist/diamond for years. I got matched to Spire and bought Ambassador.
To be perfectly honest, reason why I booked IC here was because Fiji didn't have Hyatt and cc sign up bonus covered the costs.
I do not know what to expect exactly with my matched tier and would really appreciate some help.

Have five night stay in Sep and got a welcome email from property. I replied back with possible complimentary upgrade.
Response I got was,

The upgrade options would be in our King rooms which have only one King size bed. An extra bed will then be required for the accompanying child and this will be an additional cost of FJ$160 per night
The upgrade fees on the room categories available are as below:
-King Lagoon View Suite : FJ$410 per night
-King Beachfront Room: FJ$550 per night
-King Beachfront Suite: FJ$690 per night
-One Bedroom Executive Club Suite: FJ$350 per night
-One Bedroom Executive Club Suite with plunge pool: FJ$490 per night

At first none of these sounded attractive but now I think it may be worth buying up.

Questions are,
A) Any chance they do confirmed, complimentary upgrade here before our arrival?
B) Does any of these present good value?
Old Aug 17, 2019, 11:03 pm

Programs: NZ
Originally Posted by Alexsth2011
First time writing ever in IHG. I have been Hyatt Globalist/diamond for years. I got matched to Spire and bought Ambassador.
To be perfectly honest, reason why I booked IC here was because Fiji didn't have Hyatt and cc sign up bonus covered the costs.
I do not know what to expect exactly with my matched tier and would really appreciate some help.

Have five night stay in Sep and got a welcome email from property. I replied back with possible complimentary upgrade.
Response I got was,

The upgrade options would be in our King rooms which have only one King size bed. An extra bed will then be required for the accompanying child and this will be an additional cost of FJ$160 per night
The upgrade fees on the room categories available are as below:
-King Lagoon View Suite : FJ$410 per night
-King Beachfront Room: FJ$550 per night
-King Beachfront Suite: FJ$690 per night
-One Bedroom Executive Club Suite: FJ$350 per night
-One Bedroom Executive Club Suite with plunge pool: FJ$490 per night

At first none of these sounded attractive but now I think it may be worth buying up.

Questions are,
A) Any chance they do confirmed, complimentary upgrade here before our arrival?
B) Does any of these present good value?
Am I correct in saying that this is not a paid stay, but you are using points from a cc sign up? If so, then I believe that at this property you won't get the one category upgrade that is an Ambassador benefit for paid stays. Some ICs do still upgrade on points stays, but not this one I believe (though there will undoubtedly be exceptions to that). Check back through this thread for prior data points.

When deciding whether to pay for an upgrade, you should consider that the Club rooms and facilities are quite some distance from the main resort area and the beach. This might not be a great option with a child.
Old Aug 17, 2019, 11:25 pm

Programs: HYATT Globalist Alaska 100k
Thanks for your help.
You are correct. I did use points for four nights and p+c for one night. I didn't know award nights are treated differently. Did I essentially throw away $200 here? haha
I will take your advice and not consider club options. Once again, thanks a lot for your help!
Old Aug 18, 2019, 1:52 am

Programs: NZ
Originally Posted by Alexsth2011
Thanks for your help.
You are correct. I did use points for four nights and p+c for one night. I didn't know award nights are treated differently. Did I essentially throw away $200 here? haha
I will take your advice and not consider club options. Once again, thanks a lot for your help!
No problem - actually just looking back through the thread there isn't really a lot to suggest you won't get an Ambassador upgrade on a points stay. I have a points stay next April and thought I had read that an upgrade was unlikely. Now I am not so sure. You can always email them and ask.
Old Aug 21, 2019, 9:41 pm
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHyatt 10+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
There's an IHG Rewards Sale atm that reduces prices by about 25%. Managed to score the Plunge Pool Exec Suite for a much more appropriate price. For a week of a resort holiday with club access it makes a good deal.

Looking at some vids online it seems above these Suites are Club Suites? Can they see into the pool? This seems to prevent the pool from getting sunlight....
Old Nov 3, 2019, 1:45 am
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHyatt 10+ Badge

A Surprisingly Spectacular Stay

InterContinental Fiji Golf Resort & Spa

Map| 2 Reviews | 100% Recommended

Maro Road, Natadola Bay Natadola, FJ 0000

A Surprisingly Spectacular Stay (23 Photos)

I wanted a quick and easy week away to mark a special occasion. My preferred chains are Four Seasons, St Regis, Park Hyatt or Ritz Carlton and prefer suites or villas with private pools, separate living and bedroom areas as well as ocean views.

Not wanting to fly to South East Asia we settled on Fiji which we have never experienced. The Intercon looked to be the best on the Island. Friends of mine who knew my high standards told me I would hate Fiji and the "Island time" service. Regardless, we booked a 5 night stay.

74537138_10100417851650931_8132262919887

75233454_10100417852139951_5558992509268

74168697_10100417849744751_3793484543697

Check In

I reached out to the property prior and they offered a 2 Bedroom Ambassador upgrade which I appreciated but declined as we didn't require it.

I arranged VIP Meet & Assist and NAN and was handed over to Rosie's Holidays who handle the hotel transfers. We were in the 4WD in a matter of moments which was Intercon branded. Normally we always depart and arrive in a S Class but I believe there are none on the island because of the roads.

We arrived and were warmly greeted by several staff and whisked to the Club Lounge for check in. The two club staff were very engaging, delightful and offered us cocktails even though the evening service had ceased. This was a sign of things to come.

Room

To the hotel's credit, they blocked two rooms for us to choose from but as it was late we took the most private suite.

Despite being 10 years old the hotel didn't seem tired. The suite was large with separate living and dining, marble bathroom and a small plunge pool. There was a capsule coffee machine, free mini bar (soft drinks and snacks) and plentiful power points.

It was certainly better than I had anticipated. Above the pool suites are club suites, however an awning prevents the guests above you from seeing into the pool. 

The only minor issues were that the pool wasn't heated and was quite cold, probably not an issue during hotter weather and that the TVs were very small. We were told that the hotel is doing an upgrade and replacing the TVs. The Ocean view was blocked by the foliage which could be fixed by trimming the plants which I did mention.

74427189_10100417851755721_7118674174452

75553031_10100417851316601_7522132909633

73346523_10100417850298641_8053828751114

74238130_10100417850757721_5416365364151

75407715_10100417851401431_8993121795053

73357401_10100417852100031_8429477667543

75264977_10100417851975281_1673911074950

74275458_10100417851461311_8940451090684

73202216_10100417851201831_5142587411217

74610642_10100417851521191_1689913904051

74324500_10100417850069101_9200889944644

74696605_10100417849819601_3068232775501

73504764_10100417850453331_5795614738779

Service

The service we experiended was exemplary and at odds to many others who had visited other hotels in Fiji. The Intercon call their club lounge staff Butlers and they were all incredibly friendly and hospitable.

Every staff member we interacted with was fantastic, but the Butlers were on another level, particularly Josephine. It was clear from the interaction with other guests they knew their guests well and many were repeat visitors.

74226591_10100417852379471_3788027302416

The Club level experience was a very high standard. The lounge has a large pool. It serves breakfast with a small buffet but full a la carte menu, an impressive afternoon tea as well as cocktails and canapes.

All of the staff knew our name. My husband got very sick on day one and the hotel doctor who is based in the next town arrived within 20 mins. One of the Butlers made him their special Ginger tea. On consecutive days the Butlers delivered tea, ginger, lemon and honey. They also proactively sent afternoon tea to our room. All of the Butlers checked in on him and genuinely cared to make sure he was comfortable.

The GM and Guest Services Mnaaged invited us to a cocktail party where we got to meet the senior staff. It's clear they both run an exceptional property that all the staff are proud of. You can tell in your interaction that they want to make the hotel proud and look after their guests.

I could not believe how incredibly hospitable and genuinely friendly all of the staff were. It was the complete contrast to our experience at a different chain in Bali.

Dining

The F&B in the resort is of a high standard. Again, I had low expectations but the breakfast, afternoon tea and canapes in the club were great.

I was eager to try the hotel's Indian food and the Butter Chicken with Roti and Basmatic Rice was the best I have ever had. We ate mostly room service for dinner but toward the end went down to the main bar where nightly entertainment with live singers occur. It was delightful listening to the waves crash onto shore while a live band played music.

I wanted Lamb Rgan Josh that wasn't on the bar menu and the waiter arranged it from the restauraunt without any hesitation.

74162405_10100417851351531_3586853164575
75224863_10100417850193851_9026433432552

76693370_10100417850024191_6650982296394
76631270_10100417849849541_7747279652250
73417757_10100417852055121_9165140853075

IMG_5033.JPG

The beach at the hotel was beautiful and the Torquiose colour of the water reminiscent of other destinations like Far North Queensland.

It is 45 mins from the airport, but a World away from the very old properties on poor beaches on the other side of the island.

Overall

Overall, we had a surprisingly spectacular stay and would not heistate to return.

The FJ Business Class product was equally impressive and will be even better once they get the A350. Only 3 hours from SYD this will become one of our annual destinations.

This was my first stay at an Intercon in a decade and I was thoroughly impressed. Robert Clarke the Resort Manager, Ravikash Nand, Guest Services Manager and the Butlers made for an exceptional stay. We were well looked after from prior to out stay to check out with staff anticipating our needs.

The Club level experience and particularly the Butlers were delightful. A convention that had blocked the whole hotel was arriving on our checkout day and the Butlers sang a farewell song to all of the club guests at breakfast that was heartwarming. I felt so moved I hugged several of them.

I have recommended the hotel highly to my friends and also to those on FT. The hotel successfully manages to have family friendly facilities but also feature adults only pools, restaurants and cocktail hour at the club lounge without kids so can cater to everyone.

A Surprisingly Spectacular Stay

Would you like to write a review on the InterContinental Fiji Golf Resort & Spa?

No, thank you.
Yes

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.