Wiki Posts
Search

IC Vienna Master Thread [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3, 2014, 7:19 am
uk1
Suspended

Originally Posted by chongcao
Sorry, I meant to say the proposed connecting area between the old building and the new building (annex).
They appear to be knocking down a section of the current main hotel which houses the club lounge and all rooms and studio suites underneath. They won't be able to do this whilst guests are there.
Old Mar 3, 2014, 9:26 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by uk1
They appear to be knocking down a section of the current main hotel which houses the club lounge and all rooms and studio suites underneath. They won't be able to do this whilst guests are there.
If they build the new building first and knock down the connecting par bit by bit, they cold still open half of the floor for business I guess?

And when the finalise the connection area of the old building, they could do it floor by floor thus only close one floor at a time?

Just guessing.
Old Mar 4, 2014, 5:55 am

What's the club like at this hotel? Have a 3 night stay next month and called in to enquire about RA benefits. Friendly lady said from Classic room I have the choice of Studio Suite without club, or normal room with Club access. I will be dining out every evening btw.
Old Mar 4, 2014, 7:26 am
uk1
Suspended

Originally Posted by Petrus
What's the club like at this hotel? Have a 3 night stay next month and called in to enquire about RA benefits. Friendly lady said from Classic room I have the choice of Studio Suite without club, or normal room with Club access. I will be dining out every evening btw.
It's fine. Upgrade and club etc is defined by a loose set of informal criteria both based on past relationship as well as rules where some will be upgraded from classic to suite with club with full RA benefits even when on points.

The Club is smallish and is adequate for breakfast but you can also use the main restaurant or have room service at no extra charge. Evening happy hour is fine for drinks (self serve beers, spirits, wines and sekt) but can be a touch lean for snacks, but as you are going out it will not he an issue. Sometimes the lounge can be overrun by kids being left there with a maid whilst parents go out shopping during mid-East school holiday periods which we now absolutely avoid. During those time kids hog the two PCs and make the lounge sometimes less attractive as they are essentially uncontrolled.

Staff in the lounge lately have been less experienced but willing. When you arrive, ask one of the porters / concierge for a key so that the lift can take you to the lounge for check in.
Old Mar 4, 2014, 7:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
I am lucky to be always upgraded to Suite AND club access at IC Vienna.

I like very much the lounge for friendly staff, cold/hot food offer and elegant settings.

Still, if you prefer dining out, the suite option might be better for you. By the way, the restaurant scene in Vienna is getting more and more interesting.
Old Mar 17, 2014, 11:28 pm
uk1
Suspended

Room service breakfast is no longer offered as a free option alongside club lounge breakfast. Restaurant option remains.

Current plan is to remain open during any building works.
Old Mar 24, 2014, 3:09 am

Great, thanks for the info. We're 13 people in our entourage hence lounge access not really an option.
Old Mar 24, 2014, 6:29 am
uk1
Suspended

We've been long-term visitors and having just returned from a visit a few days ago - really generous treatment ie Studio Suite with Club access, full RA benefits etc all on 35k points per night and decided to cancel our September visit which was also on points (35k per night) and upgraded to Club Studio Suite with Club access. To be honest we found that the hotel has deteriorated since being taken over and with the latest replacement management.

Most customers will be delighted I'm sure but we found the hotel feeling both understaffed, a lot of inexperienced staff, a fair number disenchanted and leaving, poor room servicing and maintenance - and overall a little dissapointing. The evening snacks in the lounge however have improved. It still represents excellent value on points for those that want to visit Vienna, particularly if like a few of us they really do look after you with upgrading and club even on points etc.

Just an info point .... that is all.

Old Mar 26, 2014, 3:19 pm

RA booked into revenue Standard room do they get the Studio Suite or Junior Suite? Studio is 45sqm in one large room, while Jr Suite is two rooms over 50sqm. However, Studio has max pax of 3, while Jr 2.

We will be three in the room, but have booked standard for two, fully expecting to be able to ask for a roll away bed in a Suite for three.
Old Mar 26, 2014, 4:49 pm
uk1
Suspended

RA booked into revenue Standard room do they get the Studio Suite or Junior Suite? Studio is 45sqm in one large room, while Jr Suite is two rooms over 50sqm. However, Studio has max pax of 3, while Jr 2.

We will be three in the room, but have booked standard for two, fully expecting to be able to ask for a roll away bed in a Suite for three.
Although the Junior is larger the studio feels bigger for layout reasons. Some of the Juniors have two lobbies which is wasted space. When we're given a Junior we request a studio.
Old Apr 12, 2014, 2:37 pm
LHG

Programs: AS MVP Gold and hotel status through their credit cards as needed :)
Platinum IHG at IC Vienna Benefits?

Does anyone have any experience with what, if anything, Platinum IHG members should expect at this Hotel? (Have 3 nights booked mid-June).
Also, worried about construction noise then, if the renovations are starting. Alternative property seems to be the Holiday Inn in this chain (but I have points scattered across several chains and could stay at Radisson or Hilton properties too).
Thanks in advance
Old Apr 13, 2014, 1:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
Originally Posted by LHG
Does anyone have any experience with what, if anything, Platinum IHG members should expect at this Hotel? (Have 3 nights booked mid-June).
Also, worried about construction noise then, if the renovations are starting. Alternative property seems to be the Holiday Inn in this chain (but I have points scattered across several chains and could stay at Radisson or Hilton properties too).
Thanks in advance
Constitution is scheduled for 2015.
Old Apr 13, 2014, 1:52 pm
R7U

Programs: TK Elite; HH Diamond; AA Plat; CC Gold
Last time when I stayed in IC Vienna I had room with lounge access. This was about 1,5 years ago. I really liked the Mozart candies in the lounge. This was in my opinion the best product in the IC Vienna lounge. I am thinking to stay again in this IC, probably in the summer. I am wondering if they still have Mozart candies in the lounge? Any recent experiences?
Old Apr 13, 2014, 2:16 pm
uk1
Suspended

Originally Posted by R7U
Last time when I stayed in IC Vienna I had room with lounge access. This was about 1,5 years ago. I really liked the Mozart candies in the lounge. This was in my opinion the best product in the IC Vienna lounge. I am thinking to stay again in this IC, probably in the summer. I am wondering if they still have Mozart candies in the lounge? Any recent experiences?
Yes. Different brand and still there as of a couple of weeks ago.
Old Apr 14, 2014, 3:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by R7U
I am wondering if they still have Mozart candies in the lounge? Any recent experiences?
Isn't it the Genuine Reber Mozart Kugeln Chocolate?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.