Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IC Rome De La Villa - Master Thread [merged] - no longer a IC

Search this Thread

Old Jun 21, 2014, 5:13 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, UA Silver
On the trip from FCO, was planning on taking the train to Termini to avoid getting stuck in Rome traffic, any suggestions on getting from Termini to IC? Taxi vs. Metro?
Old Jun 21, 2014, 8:48 am

If alone without too much baggage, metro to Spagna with an elevator to close to the top of the Spanish Steps; there are still a few steps from the top elevator landing. When I took a taxi, the driver went past the De la Ville to the Hassler; even if it was just a few steps to walk back, he then inisisted on going around the block to the right place, with the meter running.

I'm not fan of the Leonardo Express to Termini; when I went from this hotel to FCO, I took the Terravision bus from Termini for €4 prebooked onlline, but it meant allowing more time.
Old Jun 21, 2014, 10:05 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, ALL Silver,, Miles&More
Originally Posted by E14 26C
I had a points booking and they had processed the room upgrade within 48 hours of the booking, from this thread and the RA stays thread you get the room upgrade and the wifi but not the minibar and only sometimes the early/ late check in/out
No comp breakfast as RA I suppose?
Old Jun 21, 2014, 2:04 pm

Programs: BA GGL, Marriott, IHG, Sirius, Dusit, Thai, Virgin, Hyatt, BAA, AS, AA(both)
Originally Posted by submonte
No comp breakfast as RA I suppose?
Nope
Old Jul 1, 2014, 11:35 am

Programs: Too many to list. Since the early 90's.
Originally Posted by rove312
If alone without too much baggage, metro to Spagna with an elevator to close to the top of the Spanish Steps; there are still a few steps from the top elevator landing. When I took a taxi, the driver went past the De la Ville to the Hassler; even if it was just a few steps to walk back, he then inisisted on going around the block to the right place, with the meter running.

I'm not fan of the Leonardo Express to Termini; when I went from this hotel to FCO, I took the Terravision bus from Termini for €4 prebooked onlline, but it meant allowing more time.
Why not a fan of Express to Ternini and why do you prefer the bus?
Old Jul 1, 2014, 12:57 pm

I feel that it's overpriced and not especially convenient. When going with my wife I'd prefer a car service. When going alone I'm essentially a cheapskate, even if staying at this hotel (on the credit card free night). The cheaper way between FCO and Termini is the Terravision bus, if you follow their processes: purchase online, print the ticket, and exchange it for a plastic boarding card at the designated time (if going to the airport; haven't studied going from the airport, when it's difficult to know at what time you can get the bus). There's also the FL1 train for €8 between FCO and other Rome stations, some of them connecting to the metro. I will concede that the Leonardo Express is probably the fastest way between FCO and Termini (unless it breaks down as sometimes happens) for the questioner who wanted to avoid traffic, and that changes if you've just missed the train departure. If you aren't going to Termini, look at other options.
Old Jul 22, 2014, 4:06 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, UA Silver
I'm a IHG Platinum and booked a 2 night stay on points (50k/night) this past Friday/Saturday night. I'm not a RA though, so no room upgrade given, but I was able to check into my standard king bed room at 2PM. Free internet and late checkout were given as well.

Also, at checkout, I was responsible for about $10 USD/night in taxes on a points award stay. Anyone have the same experience?
Old Jul 22, 2014, 7:11 am

Yes, the city tax of €3 per person per night is charged even on award stays.
Old Jul 24, 2014, 5:48 am

Programs: QF Emerald EY Plat HH D
I must say the hotel has become extremely friendly now.
Front desk couldn't be more helpful and the doorman and concierge friends and efficient.
the room was great and service was fine.
Old Aug 21, 2014, 2:31 am

We are 4 people 2 adults and 2 kids 14 and 10 .
Should we book 2 rooms or 1 room and ask for addition bed .
Please advice . Thank you
Old Aug 21, 2014, 7:56 am

Programs: IHG, RC, HH, AA, QF, UA, Aeroplan
Originally Posted by bayareas
i would advise checking the size of the room, depending on the room category, they can be quite small at that Roma property, you cld always call, not give them your name, as if a prospective booking/consideration, and ask if they provide rollawy beds? not sure if he's still there, last time i was there the GM was Mr Ciro Verrocchi, you cld always ask for Francesca Piccini, or Susanna Giofre, both helpful. All the best.
Old Aug 22, 2014, 4:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by bayareas
As an RA with a junior suite upgrade, I've done this a couple times here. But the lower level rooms are probably too small.
Old Aug 29, 2014, 12:49 pm

Programs: Too many to list. Since the early 90's.
Will be staying here in July as Amb. Plat. and wondered what floor they usually stick you if you want a non-smoking room. If I get upgraded (big if), do they usually upgrade to a higher floor and thus a smoking floor? I haven't been to Rome in years, but I remember that so many smoke in Italy that non-smoking rooms weren't always the best floors with decent views.
Old Dec 14, 2014, 7:02 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Originally Posted by stimpy
There is no lounge, but you should really look into buying Ambassador status. If you booked the cheapest room, you will really want an upgrade.
Does this hold true on award stays as well (i.e, buy Ambassador to get an upgrade). The thread seems pretty mixed as to what someone lower than RA gets.

Thanks in advance!
Old Dec 14, 2014, 7:56 pm

Originally Posted by beachfan
Does this hold true on award stays as well (i.e, buy Ambassador to get an upgrade). The thread seems pretty mixed as to what someone lower than RA gets.

Thanks in advance!
Stayed here as IHG Plat in May 2013. I was given a very standard room without much of an upgrade. All things considered though, this place is all about location location location.

The roof top bar is okay to check out.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.