Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IC Rome De La Villa - Master Thread [merged] - no longer a IC

Search this Thread

Old Oct 7, 2013, 10:07 pm

As of when? The IHG site listing now says "Free Internet for All Elite IHG® Rewards Club Members."
Old Oct 8, 2013, 3:42 am

Programs: Ex-NWA Plat
Originally Posted by rove312
As of when? The IHG site listing now says "Free Internet for All Elite IHG® Rewards Club Members."
I got a clear email from the concierge desk reminding me that there was no free internet for Elite guests. (I am staying on points, in December.)

Do other Elite members have different experiences? If so, please do share...
Old Oct 8, 2013, 4:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by gottaluvNW
I got a clear email from the concierge desk reminding me that there was no free internet for Elite guests. (I am staying on points, in December.)

I was there a few months back and as a RA they gave me free Internet which did't work so well in the room. Only on the huge terrace.
Old Oct 8, 2013, 6:06 am

I got free wifi as IHG platinum only last month
Old Oct 14, 2013, 5:24 pm

Originally Posted by gottaluvNW

I did not get free internet staying on an award stay as a platinum.
Old Oct 14, 2013, 11:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Got free internet as a platinum on a points stay this August. Nice hotel and awesome city!
Old Jan 2, 2014, 6:10 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, CO Gold, AA Plat, Marriott Silver, HH Gold, Citigroup Chairman
Here or Hotel Eden

Mixed reviews are making me second guessing staying at this property. Found a very good rate--$680 all in for three nights including breakfast for a Deluxe Room. Royal Ambassador, so may score an upgrade and mini-bar access.

Hotel Eden has a promotion where I can get $820 three night stay with buffet breakfast and 85 EUR f&b credit through FHR with possible upgrade. What would you advise?
Old Jan 3, 2014, 4:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by jayzee9
Mixed reviews are making me second guessing staying at this property. Found a very good rate--$680 all in for three nights including breakfast for a Deluxe Room. Royal Ambassador, so may score an upgrade and mini-bar access.

Hotel Eden has a promotion where I can get $820 three night stay with buffet breakfast and 85 EUR f&b credit through FHR with possible upgrade. What would you advise?
I've stayed at both and even without status I would choose the IC. But with RA status it's a no-brainer. And I stayed at the Eden back when it was Starwood where I have Plat status. The Eden is nice of course, but the overall quality of the De la Villa is superior in just about every way.
Old Jan 6, 2014, 8:17 am
Suspended

Programs: PC Plat, HH Gold, FB Gold, BA Gold
breakfast is not 5* at this property
Old Jan 6, 2014, 9:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by kaell
I had a great breakfast served on the balcony of my room. Perfect start to the day.
Old Jan 6, 2014, 10:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It's as good or better than most any Four Seasons I've been to.
Old Jan 6, 2014, 2:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
I do agree that breakfast is disappointing - and not cheap - at De La Ville (the selection of product is quite good, but the quality is average).

I only have breakfast at this property when it is included in my rate. Still, the terrace is charming when the weather is fine.
Old Jan 6, 2014, 2:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

To be clear, I was referring to the service, which is exceptional at breakfast during all my stays.
Old Feb 2, 2014, 6:28 pm

Programs: VS, BA, AA, IHG, HH, SPG
Had an award stay here recently, as an IHG plat (but not ra).
Was given an upgrade to a top floor room with balcony, although the room was pretty small and didnt smell great to be honest. Free waters and free wifi which worked well. The hotel doesnt have much of a wow factor, but the location is very good, literally at the top of the spanish steps. Not impressed with being charged 15e for a bottle of beer though
Old Feb 3, 2014, 4:47 pm

The new (very centrally located) Hotel Indigo is going to make this a less attractive IHG property in Rome. It is nice to see a second high end property in the city of Rome.

This hotel will remain very close to the Spagna metro stop, while the new Indigo will be close to no metro lines. So this hotel will still have that going for it (plus the rooftop bar, which is uhh..a free opportunity to snap some pictures of Rome from a vantage point).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.