Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Reward nights - how are the hotels compensated by ICHG ?

Search this Thread

Old May 17, 2009, 10:11 am

Programs: UA-lifetime Platinum (2MM), IHG-Amb, HH-Diamond, Hertz-PC, Marriott-Gold, CX-AM
Originally Posted by Happy
They do not put any Singapore or Hong Kong properties on Point Break...
They had been putting the popular HIX Cuaseway Bay, Hong Kong for PB couple months ago. I also remember they put couple of ICs in Tokyo and one IC in Yokohama for PB years ago (don't remember exactly when), so the PB hotels are not necessary less desirable.
Old May 17, 2009, 11:04 am

Programs: DL GM and so on
Originally Posted by soitgoes
I have no idea if some hotels may have sought an exception to that 5% rule, but it may very well be that that property is in violation.
You missed this footnote:

*New or revised standard for 2009.
Old May 17, 2009, 11:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by paulmoscow
You missed this footnote:

*New or revised standard for 2009.
I did not miss that footnote.
The revised part is the three times/yr. random checking/enforcement penalty. The 5% is not new.

Enforcement begins in July. PCR was concerned that not all hotels were complying and standard compliance wasn't monitored for all properties (just case by case complaints). Monitoring began last month.
Old May 17, 2009, 12:04 pm

Originally Posted by soitgoes
And the terms say, " When staying on Reward Nights, all Ambassador and Royal Ambassador privileges apply with the exception of upgrades, free Pay TV film per stay, 24 hour guaranteed room availability, 8:00am early check-in and complimentary mini bar beverages."
http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/pc/.../0/en/ptc.html
In the PCR Standards Manual that you also posted (thank you very much for that), section 3.2 states: "All program benefits for members, with the exception
of upgrades, must be honored during Reward Night stays."
Old May 17, 2009, 12:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by johnep1
In the PCR Standards Manual that you also posted (thank you very much for that), section 3.2 states: "All program benefits for members, with the exception
You expect IHG to have clear communications?

Ambassador is a pseudo separate program so the Brand Standard may be referring to strictly PCR benefits.

In actuality, though, I've never been denied any benefits on IC award stays as an Ambassador.
Old May 17, 2009, 1:42 pm

Originally Posted by lucky9876coins
My understanding is that the hotels don't get compensated at all for BOGO certs.
I just went back and checked a few BOGO stays using the method at the start of this thread to determine how much hotels are reimbursed for award stays and each stay showed the room total as if I had paid cash for both nights. For example, the IC Austin and the Amstel both showed an amount that was about double what I actually paid.

Based on this, I believe that hotels are compensated quite well for BOGO usage.
Old May 17, 2009, 8:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by GordonGordon
They had been putting the popular HIX Cuaseway Bay, Hong Kong for PB couple months ago. I also remember they put couple of ICs in Tokyo and one IC in Yokohama for PB years ago (don't remember exactly when), so the PB hotels are not necessary less desirable.
AFAIK, the HIX was never bookable.

I believe Tokyo ICs were put on when PB was first introduced, and we haven't seen their return and I doubt we ever would - unless the worldwide economy stays in the dump for another year... then we might have the chance to some showings of desirable properties...
Old May 17, 2009, 9:05 pm

Programs: UA-lifetime Platinum (2MM), IHG-Amb, HH-Diamond, Hertz-PC, Marriott-Gold, CX-AM
Originally Posted by johnep1
Sorry, I don't get it, please correct me if I'm wrong.

The T & C #9 under the subject "INTERCONTINENTAL AMBASSADOR STATUS', it says: "When staying on Reward Nights, all Ambassador and Royal Ambassador privileges apply with the exception of upgrades, free Pay TV film per stay, 24 hour guaranteed room availability, 8:00am early check-in and complimentary mini bar beverages."

How I interpret it is: the only leftover RA/AMB privileges on reward nights are the 4pm late check-out and Ambassador welcome gift, am I right? I'm confused.
Old May 18, 2009, 5:30 am

Programs: QR/AC Gold, VA Silver, IHG Plat, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by Happy
AFAIK, the HIX was never bookable.

I believe Tokyo ICs were put on when PB was first introduced, and we haven't seen their return and I doubt we ever would - unless the worldwide economy stays in the dump for another year... then we might have the chance to some showings of desirable properties...
Not true. I booked HIX HK Causeway Bay on PB when it first come out a couple of months ago. But I ended up cancelling it anyway due to personal reasons. But the most important thing is to actually monitor the PB page, and just book a PB award when the hotel you want is available, then cancel later if necessary.
Old May 18, 2009, 5:06 pm

Originally Posted by GordonGordon
Sorry, I don't get it, please correct me if I'm wrong.

The T & C #9 under the subject "INTERCONTINENTAL AMBASSADOR STATUS', it says: "When staying on Reward Nights, all Ambassador and Royal Ambassador privileges apply with the exception of upgrades, free Pay TV film per stay, 24 hour guaranteed room availability, 8:00am early check-in and complimentary mini bar beverages."

How I interpret it is: the only leftover RA/AMB privileges on reward nights are the 4pm late check-out and Ambassador welcome gift, am I right? I'm confused.
I was refering to an internal document that appears to have gone from PCR to hotels.
Old May 18, 2009, 6:27 pm

Thought this was relevant: Just had a guest contact me through Guest Relations requesting that his two-night Best Flex reservation for this weekend be converted to a Rewards Night. I allowed one night to be on points and the other paid. Why? Because on the points night I am sold out and will receive full ADR reimbursement. The second night I am less than 50% full so go nuts!
Old May 18, 2009, 9:43 pm

Programs: NW Diamond, LH SEN, PC Spire - RA, TG PlatHyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by Priority Clubber Lang
Thought this was relevant: Just had a guest contact me through Guest Relations requesting that his two-night Best Flex reservation for this weekend be converted to a Rewards Night. I allowed one night to be on points and the other paid. Why? Because on the points night I am sold out and will receive full ADR reimbursement. The second night I am less than 50% full so go nuts!
I understand that OP thinks from the business side, but I feel pity for the guest.
Old May 18, 2009, 9:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by spunk_tokyo
I understand that OP thinks from the business side, but I feel pity for the guest.
Pity? Why pity? I think Priority Clubber Lang was perfectly reasonable. Meeting the guest halfway is great.
Old May 31, 2011, 7:56 am

Programs: CI: Emer; CX: Sliver; DL: PM; PC: RA;
Holiday Inn ATRIUM SINGAPORE

WOO!
USD 189.30 for Holiday Inn ATRIUM SINGAPORE!!
I remember the hotel was quite full and ADP rate over S240 (about USD 190)
Old May 31, 2011, 8:33 am

https://secure.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d...080128STAY0013

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites DIEPPE AIRPORT
Check-In Date: 1 May 2011

0 total points rewarded for this stay.

Spending USD CAD
Room 26.30 24.95
Food 0.00 0.00
Beverage 0.00 0.00
Phone 0.00 0.00
Additional Hotel Bonus 0.00 0.00
Meeting & Banquet 0.00 0.00
Other Qualified Spending 0.00 0.00
Other Non-Qualified Spending 0.00 0.00
Total Spending 26.30 24.95
Total Qualified Spending 0.00 N/A

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.