Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Free Nights Promotion

Search this Thread

Old Apr 24, 2009, 11:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: AA Plat / UA NOTHING / Alaska 75K / Hyatt Diamond / SPG LT Plat / Marriott Gold / Priority Club Plat / Hertz Pres
I still think the best course of action (if you're in similar shoes as mine - looking at maybe 20 nights in the promo period) is to NOT register for either promo now. Stay about 10-12 nights (earning points) and THEN register for the free nights promo (earning 4 free nights) to maximize both my points and free nights.

Again, that probably isn't feasible for most folks and their stay pattern but for me, I think it may work out the best. Good luck everyone. ^
Old Apr 24, 2009, 11:21 am

Programs: BA*G, UA1K, SPG-P, HH-G, GP-D, IC-RA
I do not understand why they have to exclude Japan from this offer. I make almost all my IHG stays in Japan. I guess I have no choice but double points.
Old Apr 24, 2009, 11:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by fireworksboy
I still think the best course of action (if you're in similar shoes as mine - looking at maybe 20 nights in the promo period) is to NOT register for either promo now. Stay about 10-12 nights (earning points) and THEN register for the free nights promo (earning 4 free nights) to maximize both my points and free nights.
The one issue with that is Rule 14 which seems to require bookings be made no earlier than 48 hours prior to promo registration.
Old Apr 24, 2009, 12:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: AA Plat / UA NOTHING / Alaska 75K / Hyatt Diamond / SPG LT Plat / Marriott Gold / Priority Club Plat / Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by soitgoes
The one issue with that is Rule 14 which seems to require bookings be made no earlier than 48 hours prior to promo registration.
For example, if I don't register and make 10 stays/nights between May 4th and June 15th I can earn normal points bonuses. Then, on June 16th I register for the Free Nights Promo. Then I book and stay eight more nights before July 3rd. If done this way, I'm golden, no?

Now, I know I'm taking my chances but if I know for sure that I'm going to be able to squeeze those 8 nights in at the end, I'm not sure there's a downside.

But, this wouldn't be the first time I've misunderstood the t & cs of a travel promo. If anyone cares to share insight, please feel free. ^
Old Apr 24, 2009, 12:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

For example, if I don't register and make 10 stays/nights between May 4th and June 15th I can earn normal points bonuses. Then, on June 16th I register for the Free Nights Promo. Then I book and stay eight more nights before July 3rd. If done this way, I'm golden, no?
That's the way I interpret the rules. However, waiting until June 16 (in your example) before booking runs the risk of rising rates/lack of availability.
Old Apr 24, 2009, 12:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by soitgoes
That's the way I interpret the rules. However, waiting until June 16 (in your example) before booking runs the risk of rising rates/lack of availability.
Gotcha and understand. The only possible flaw I thought of was a rule that I needed to register before a certain date - but I couldn't find that stipulation anywhere.
Old Apr 24, 2009, 12:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Gotcha and understand. The only possible flaw I thought of was a rule that I needed to register before a certain date - but I couldn't find that stipulation anywhere.
The only thing close to that is "18. PCR reserves the right to restrict, suspend, modify or substitute this Promotion at any time upon placement of a notice on the PCR web site at www.priorityclub.com and on the Free Night redemption web site at www.priorityclub.com/bookfreenights, but will award and honor Free Nights for which a Member has qualified prior to PCR sending the Member a notice to the email address in the Member Profile. "
Old Apr 24, 2009, 2:10 pm

ok i have a stupid question

if i book 2 rooms for 3 nights is that 3 nights or 6?

i might book them under differnt names in that case
Old Apr 24, 2009, 2:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by fly2nrt

if i book 2 rooms for 3 nights is that 3 nights or 6?

i might book them under differnt names in that case
It would help to read the rules.

Only one room per Member per night may be applied toward earning a Free Night Notification.
Old Apr 24, 2009, 4:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Does anyone else find this rather strange:

Cancellations and no-shows: Free Nights may be cancelled online but cannot be modified. There is no refund or redeposit of Free Nights for cancelled reservations or for no-shows. Members who cancel or no show for their Free Night reservation forfeit the free night.

If my flight is rebooked due to a schedule change (happens all the time) and I end up arriving a day later - the free night is gone!
If have to cancel a trip due to some personal or job related reasons - poof, all gone!
And if I wait and try to book closer to arrival date the inventory is not gonna be there due to capacity limitations.
I understand they want to fight hoarding but this seems rather extreme.
Old Apr 24, 2009, 5:08 pm

Programs: BAGold; AA3MMPlat; UA1MMGold; FBGold; MarriottAmb; AccorPlat; HHGold; ICPlatAmb; HyattDiscoverist
This promo is pretty lame on so many counts. Nevertheless, for someone like me, who only stays at IC properties infrequently and is not on an elite status track (I get my status the easy way-through IC Ambassador), it seems worth registering. I'll have either 2 or 4 nights in the qualifying period, and if I can get a free night or two at a decent property out of it, great (at least I'll have lots of dates to play with). If not, I'm not out all that many points.
But if this was my primary program, I'd be going for double points. Unhappily.
Old Apr 24, 2009, 7:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Where to register for double point?

I only see the link for the Free Night - do you get the option for double point at actual registration?

Also, does double point promo has the same requirement about the timing for bookings, i.e. no earlier than 48 hours before registration?

At least Japan is included.
Old Apr 24, 2009, 7:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by azepine00
Does anyone else find this rather strange:

Cancellations and no-shows: Free Nights may be cancelled online but cannot be modified. There is no refund or redeposit of Free Nights for cancelled reservations or for no-shows. Members who cancel or no show for their Free Night reservation forfeit the free night.

If my flight is rebooked due to a schedule change (happens all the time) and I end up arriving a day later - the free night is gone!
If have to cancel a trip due to some personal or job related reasons - poof, all gone!
And if I wait and try to book closer to arrival date the inventory is not gonna be there due to capacity limitations.
This is definitely bad.

Hyatt's FFN can be rescheduled as long as there is availability.
Old Apr 24, 2009, 7:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Happy
I only see the link for the Free Night - do you get the option for double point at actual registration?
Yes.

Originally Posted by Happy
Also, does double point promo has the same requirement about the timing for bookings, i.e. no earlier than 48 hours before registration?
No, but double points start on the second stay at most hotels after registration.
Old Apr 24, 2009, 7:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by azepine00
Yes, it's draconian.

However, this is an expensive promo, so they are doing a number of things to increase breakage:
-Forfeit regular earnings
-Capped at 4 free nights
-Book after 48 hours prior to promo registration for credit
-No modifications once booked
etc.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.