Free Nights Promotion

Old Apr 21, 2009, 5:39 am

Programs: UA-Plat, AA-Plat, PC-Plat Amb, tons of others...
Originally Posted by dgwright99
I'm a little mystified by those suggesting that 4 free nights is worse than unlimited double points. Assuming that there is reasonable availability (OK, that's a big assumption, but it's premature to assume otherwise) 4 nights should be worth ~100k points. To get 100k bonus on double base points would require $10k worth of stays.
Your spend assumption is off, AG has a better model (50% plat bonus, 100% double points bonus, etc.).

However, for those of us who would spend around 30-40 days in a HIX @$150-200/night during the promotion period (like me), there are potential losses to be had. If my schedule is pretty solid, then I wouldn't be inclined to join until near the end of the promotion period, where I know I'm going to get my 8 nights in one fell swoop.
Old Apr 21, 2009, 7:20 am

Originally Posted by PublicBJ
If my schedule is pretty solid, then I wouldn't be inclined to join until near the end of the promotion period, where I know I'm going to get my 8 nights in one fell swoop.
If I'm reading this offer correctly, following this plan, wouldn't you miss out on the double points for the rest of your stays during the promo period? I guess it requires some math to determine what's the best plan for each person.
Old Apr 21, 2009, 7:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: AA Plat / UA NOTHING / Alaska 75K / Hyatt Diamond / SPG LT Plat / Marriott Gold / Priority Club Plat / Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by dgwright99
I'm a little mystified by those suggesting that 4 free nights is worse than unlimited double points. Assuming that there is reasonable availability (OK, that's a big assumption, but it's premature to assume otherwise) 4 nights should be worth ~100k points. To get 100k bonus on double base points would require $10k worth of stays.

I understand that there are some who may not be able to use a free night during the redemption period, but with the forgoing assumption, for most people the buy 2 get one free hamay be the most lucrative promo ever (which may justfy some cynicism on availability).
What if you registered for NEITHER promo for the first 2/3 of the promo period (all the while earning regular points and bonuses) and then with a few weeks to go(assuming you could fit the 8 nights into that time period), you registered for the free night promo maxing it out?

I might be explaining it badly but hopefully someone will get my drift.

Last edited by fireworksboy; Apr 21, 2009 at 9:18 am
Old Apr 21, 2009, 10:00 am

Why do none of the links work any more!!!
Can this stack with F&F?

Sorry just read the thread, the links rnt up but no one answered F&F Question did they?

Last edited by enigmatic; Apr 21, 2009 at 10:20 am
Old Apr 21, 2009, 10:11 am

Programs: AS MVP, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
You obviously haven't read the thread.
Old Apr 21, 2009, 10:32 am

Originally Posted by boxo
You obviously haven't read the thread.
From past experience does anyone know if you can reedeem the free night for a hotel in NYC (e.g. Barclay's IC?). Wouldn't be exactly useful if I couldn't use it in my home town.

Thanks.
Old Apr 21, 2009, 10:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by enigmatic
Sorry just read the thread, the links rnt up but no one answered F&F Question did they?
F&F rates are not technically Qualifying Rates in PCR. However, some hotels do indeed post these as Qualifying Rates. If that is the case for your F&F stays, then they should count towards the promo. However, you are not entitled to it.
Old Apr 21, 2009, 10:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: AA Plat / UA NOTHING / Alaska 75K / Hyatt Diamond / SPG LT Plat / Marriott Gold / Priority Club Plat / Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by enigmatic
From past experience does anyone know if you can reedeem the free night for a hotel in NYC (e.g. Barclay's IC?). Wouldn't be exactly useful if I couldn't use it in my home town.

Thanks.
There really is no "past experience" with this promo. It's a new one from IC and we're all in the same boat with some of these details. If I had to guess? I'd say "yeah it'll probably include the Barclay"*

* the real question is whether there will be any availability when you want to redeem. The t & cs clearly say that availability will be limited (I think, right?).
Old Apr 21, 2009, 12:59 pm

It sounds as if PC is trying to become the DL of the hotel industry.
a) Like DL's 150% promo that wasn't supposed to be released, its current promo excludes the bottom tier(w/ NW as their sidekick). No other airline is doing this. Someone has to pay.
b) In PC's promo, everyone is at the bottom tier. They cash n by having u "buy" 8 nites w/ no incentives(no "all-ins"). U receive no pts/tier status. And if u check #8 of the T&C's on pg 1 u will see that the FN's can be cancelled but at the expense of a forefeiture. Someone has to pay.

Could u imagine Hyatt doing this! Even if u did lose ur FFN on a forefeiture, u would still have earned pts & elite status on ur paid stays. The promo also ran consecutively w/ other promos, such as the "dbl-stay" promo. But if everyone were to support PC n this promo, then Hyatt would sure follow to do the same. Thus n the end u would only hurt yourselves n the long-run.
W/ this, PC will definitely get back some of their losses. Think about it, where would u vacation the most if u had those 4 nites-ASIA(and their not even apart of this promo! Even worse, their talking about taking back previous pts that fall n the realm of the promo dates even though u may have signed up for the promo late n June (imagine Hyatt doing this).
I came to FT late last yr w/ 3k pts. After reading & trying to figure out PC FT I was able to do a stay that got me 7k pts. This yr after more intense reading I did a stay for 17,960. I have a lot of rez's for this yr. I'm praying that PC WILL FIGURE OUT TO DO RIGHT SUCH AS HYATT & this way I have a chance to make PLAT.
Old Apr 21, 2009, 1:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mommafrica
Like DL's 150% promo that wasn't supposed to be released, its current promo excludes the bottom tier(w/ NW as their sidekick). No other airline is doing this. Someone has to pay.
???

b) In PC's promo, everyone is at the bottom tier.
Can you explain this?

Think about it, where would u vacation the most if u had those 4 nites-ASIA(and their not even apart of this promo!
Only Japan is excluded.

Even worse, their talking about taking back previous pts that fall n the realm of the promo dates even though u may have signed up for the promo late n June
The terms do *not* say that:
In other words, participation in this Promotion excludes the receipt of base and elite Frequency Credits for stays from the date of registration for this Promotion until July 3, 2009.
Old Apr 21, 2009, 1:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Think about it, where would u vacation the most if u had those 4 nites-ASIA(and their not even apart of this promo!
Umm... IC Amstel Amsterdam please. ^
Old Apr 21, 2009, 1:49 pm

Programs: AC E, PC Plat Amb
IC Hong Kong for me...
Old Apr 21, 2009, 4:43 pm

Programs: IHG
Deleted

Last edited by midnight; Apr 21, 2009 at 4:46 pm Reason: repeated information
Old Apr 21, 2009, 5:50 pm

Programs: AS MVPG 100k
Originally Posted by ag51
As well as the availability issue, my reading of the T&Cs is that you won't earn base or bonus points.
Thanks for the correction; that is a big deal then. I usually eran over 100k per qtr. Will have to be careful and use wife's account for precisely 8 night during the offer period then

Originally Posted by fireworksboy
There really is no "past experience" with this promo.
There was something a little bit similar 5-6 years ago. You got a voucher for a free night if you booked a certain rate. Can't remember any details, but I do remember having good success in using the vouchers.
Old Apr 21, 2009, 7:52 pm

I'll have 6 nights stays from May - July so it would be better taking the free nights for me. Hope to get IC free nights :-)

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.