Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > InterContinental Hotels | IHG One Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador
Reload this Page >

The NEW Priority Club, Ambassador and Royal Ambassador Master Thread

The NEW Priority Club, Ambassador and Royal Ambassador Master Thread

Old Apr 30, 2011, 8:10 am

Programs: continental, united premier, hyatt diamond, marriott silver, priority club platinum amb,hilton gold
Yes I just got the letter about the free downgrade. Is there a big difference at this property in the way they treat A's compared to RA's. I know no mini bar.
Old Apr 30, 2011, 9:41 am

Originally Posted by stinkycop
Question..I was given RA status by a friend last year....being downgraded to Amb on 7/1.. I have a stay at the london park lane on 7/8 for three days. Does IC ever extend you RA status for a week or two as a courtesy?
Well, you can try emailing in advance about RA benefits and hope they'll apply an upgrade earlier and wont notice the exp date.
Old Apr 30, 2011, 9:55 am

Programs: continental, united premier, hyatt diamond, marriott silver, priority club platinum amb,hilton gold
Thanks Lack....did you use the BOGO I sent you?
Old May 4, 2011, 8:05 pm

Programs: QF, AA, BD, PC, HH, Hertz
I have just received my monthly update and it has come with the subject line 'Your monthly InterContinental Royal Ambassador update'. As far as I am aware I am not a Royal Ambassador, and logging in to my account still shows platinum ambassador, but is this a sign that I am likely to be upgraded, or is it another IHG IT error?
Old May 4, 2011, 8:45 pm

Programs: AA EXP, IHG PL, SPG G, MR G, HH G, CC G, AMEX PL
Originally Posted by qf_1020
I have just received my monthly update and it has come with the subject line 'Your monthly InterContinental Royal Ambassador update'. As far as I am aware I am not a Royal Ambassador, and logging in to my account still shows platinum ambassador, but is this a sign that I am likely to be upgraded, or is it another IHG IT error?
I was just about to call IHG tomorrow about this asking them how come my email says RA but my status is PA, and where's my RA package.
Old May 4, 2011, 9:23 pm

I also got the same message today. I was excited for about a minute, as I just renewed my Ambassador status. After I found this thread... ;(
Old May 4, 2011, 9:38 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Honors Diamond, IHG Diamond Amb, Marriott Platinum,SQ, DL, AA, Hyatt
Me too
Old May 5, 2011, 2:50 am

Programs: BA, FB, LH; PC/IC, HH, MR
Me three
Old May 5, 2011, 2:55 am

Programs: Mucci des canapes, Skywards Gold, BAEC Gold, IC Plat Amb, Accor Gold
There was a post giving a link to a page on the PC website that displayed your current status - of course I cannot find it
However it seems I am not alone in receiving a RA newsletter when I am sure I am merely an A.
Old May 9, 2011, 11:43 pm

Programs: hyatt
90 posts? I want to be a RA
Old Jun 10, 2011, 5:36 am

Programs: AA, Delta, UA & thanks to FTers for my PC Gold!
No longer 90/90 since May 10, 2011

Originally Posted by lemieux66
4 ways to receive RA status:

- Hit the neccassary criteria within 1 year of Ambassador to be among the top 1% tier of ICH customers --- best way ^

- Buy a cert at Ebay for loads of money

- Find a friend who actually reffers you

- Trade with another community member within the thread "Coupon Connection".
(visible after being 90 days member at FT and after having 90 posts)

Best ethical way: earn your status
Originally Posted by FLYGVA
You might have a look at this two thread for further information about Coupon Connection
90 days 90 posts
Coupon Connection, how to access
New access requirement for Coupon Connection is now 180/180, without post padding:

Motion Passed: Change Coupon Connection Access Requirements (on May 10, 2011)

Originally Posted by Mary2e
Note that the moderators of this site have the ability to remove posts and/or deny access to people who they feel went on a posting run to access CC.
Old Jun 23, 2011, 8:39 am

Programs: HH Gold, GHA Titanium, Iprefer Elite, EI Concierge
Now I'm not sure if this is new to others but it was too me, so I thought I share it just in case.

It seams the T&C for RA's have been changed again, it now reads

Upgrade to an executive room, Club InterContinental room or a suite for Royal Ambassadors at check-in.
So it's now at check-in (not longer at reservation) and also it can be one of 3 choices brining it further down.
Old Jun 23, 2011, 9:37 am
ym1

Programs: M&M, AVIS, HH, GP ...
Originally Posted by sven60035
Now I'm not sure if this is new to others but it was too me, so I thought I share it just in case.

It seams the T&C for RA's have been changed again, it now reads

So it's now at check-in (not longer at reservation) and also it can be one of 3 choices brining it further down.
Many IC giving 2 level upgrade, on some of them you can choose for long time between club to suit, so looks like nothing will be changed in most places.
Old Jun 28, 2011, 5:29 am

Programs: BA Exec Club, Skywards, Priority Club
I'm sure this has been asked before, but I can't find it anywhere. Apologies if so.

If I take Ambassador status using PC points, does that replace my Platinum PC membership, or is it in addition? The reason I ask is because in the UK there are so few Intercons and so I usually stay at the other brands. There's not much point going for Ambassador if I then lose my PC occasional upgrades etc.
Old Jun 28, 2011, 5:30 am

Programs: Hyatt PL, PC Spire/RA, HH GOLD, SPG Green, Marriott Silver, Skywards B, CSA Gold, Lufthansa Paper,UA
Nope, it will not replace it.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.