Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > InterContinental Hotels | IHG One Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador
Reload this Page >

The NEW Priority Club, Ambassador and Royal Ambassador Master Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The NEW Priority Club, Ambassador and Royal Ambassador Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3, 2013, 4:16 pm

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
amb weekend bogo rate is not meant to include suies

Originally Posted by juniorsu
Thanks for the link! Very helpful.

One additional question (sorry!): I'm looking at the Intercontinental New Orleans, and they have the following room types:
Price Point A: 1 KING BED SUPERIOR / 2 DOUBLE BEDS SUPERIOR / 1 QUEEN BED / 2 QUEEN BEDS
Price Point B: KING BED DELUXE WITH BALCONY / 2 DOUBLE BEDS DELUXE WITH BALCONY
Price Point C: SUPERIOR ROOM / 1 KING BED CLUB INTERCONTINENTAL
Price Point D: 1 KING BED EXECUTIVE SUITE / QUEEN CORNER SUITE
Price Point E: QUEEN BED HOSPITALITY SUITE

Does this mean if, for example, I actually want something in Price Point D, I could book something in Price Point C and be guaranteed something in D or E (assuming availability)?

The jump from Price Point C to D is pretty big (normal room to suite).

Thanks!
I believe amb weekend voucher terms state suites bookings not allowed.

But Ambassador benefits should apply to your stay.
Old Jan 3, 2013, 4:18 pm

Originally Posted by scubaccr
I believe amb weekend voucher terms state suites bookings not allowed.

But Ambassador benefits should apply to your stay.
If I book the "Price Point C: SUPERIOR ROOM / 1 KING BED CLUB INTERCONTINENTAL" - that isn't a suite booking, so it should apply to the Amb weekend stay.

And since Ambassadors are guaranteed a room upgrade to one category higher, I'm thinking it should provide "Price Point D: 1 KING BED EXECUTIVE SUITE / QUEEN CORNER SUITE."

End result: BOGO suite at the price of one night for the Club room, right?
Old Jan 4, 2013, 12:11 am

Originally Posted by juniorsu
If I book the "Price Point C: SUPERIOR ROOM / 1 KING BED CLUB INTERCONTINENTAL" - that isn't a suite booking, so it should apply to the Amb weekend stay.

And since Ambassadors are guaranteed a room upgrade to one category higher, I'm thinking it should provide "Price Point D: 1 KING BED EXECUTIVE SUITE / QUEEN CORNER SUITE."

End result: BOGO suite at the price of one night for the Club room, right?
Yes you should get the 1-level room upgrade as an Ambasador.

Incidentally, the no suites seem to be technically ignored by some hotels who offer and honour suite bookings on amb weekend bogo vouchers.

If small price difference I guess one might book a suite, although i don't book bogo suites myself.
Old Jan 4, 2013, 1:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by TotallyOz
I am pretty disappointed. I stayed for 58 nights at IHG properties in 2012. My last stay was a few nights back. I have stayed at 8 different Intercontinental Hotels in 4 continents. I did not move over to Royal Ambassador status on the 55 night. They are now telling me it is 70-80 nights. Very disappointing! Any advise on what I should say or do with them to get a revision?
This is the thread you want. I'd call (again).
Old Jan 4, 2013, 6:25 am

Programs: AA EXP, IHG PL, SPG G, MR G, HH G, CC G, AMEX PL
Originally Posted by FluvialFlyer
As a data point, I recently had a 6 night stay at the IC San Francisco under a conference rate and it went to my account as a non-qualifying stay.
I'm staying at IC SF the end of January on a conference rate for the Macworld. I called the hotel, they looked up the rate and said it will be a qualifying rate since it's discounted no more then 30%. I spoke to a reservations manager at the hotel. They better post it as a qualifying rate then.
Old Jan 4, 2013, 6:34 am

Yes you should get the 1-level room upgrade as an Ambasador.

Incidentally, the no suites seem to be technically ignored by some hotels who offer and honour suite bookings on amb weekend bogo vouchers.

If small price difference I guess one might book a suite, although i don't book bogo suites myself.
Thanks for the reply!

The difference between the lowest cost room and the level just below suites is <$100, but it's over $400 to suite level, so this sounds like a great way for me to use my benefits & cert

Appreciate you verifying for me!
Old Jan 27, 2013, 5:06 pm

Question

I am a Platinum and just made my nights for Royal Ambassador again. This was confirmed by their customer support. I made this 2 weeks ago.

I have to renew my 150USD Priority Club and was told by them I should renew now to get the Royal status through next year.

My question: when you make Royal Ambassador do they now renew the membership for free?
Old Jan 28, 2013, 3:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
I am a Platinum and just made my nights for Royal Ambassador again. This was confirmed by their customer support. I made this 2 weeks ago.

I have to renew my 150USD Priority Club and was told by them I should renew now to get the Royal status through next year.

My question: when you make Royal Ambassador do they now renew the membership for free?
Sounds strange. It is always free if you renew RA. At least it always has been for me.
Old Apr 12, 2013, 8:14 pm

Hey I was wondering if anyone had an expired invitation to RA? Message me please, I have a question about it.. thanks!
Old Apr 13, 2013, 11:17 am

Programs: IC: Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by radialjoe
Hey I was wondering if anyone had an expired invitation to RA? Message me please, I have a question about it.. thanks!
What do you mean by......an expired invitation to RA?
Old Apr 13, 2013, 11:57 am

Programs: KF Gold, QF Gold, MR Platinum, Accor Platinum, IHG Platinum
Do you mean the AMB membership? I would never ever pay 150 USD to renew my Priority Club
Old Apr 18, 2013, 3:20 pm

Originally Posted by sweets61250
What do you mean by......an expired invitation to RA?
Sorry if I wasn't clear.. I mean an older one that someone didn't use.. they have expiration dates on them and I was looking for one with an expired date.

There has been success using older RA referrals and was willing to give it a try!
Old Aug 2, 2013, 6:39 am

Programs: 100m swimming certificate level 5
As a ambassador or R Ambassador does one get priority in a fully booked hotel in the rare case rooms have been double booked?

For instance an Amb member has booked a room in the hotel and another non member has the same room also booked - regardless of when the rooms were booked.
The hotels then manages to double book rooms , does this give Amb priority over non members?
Old Aug 2, 2013, 7:08 am

Originally Posted by mitpat474
As a ambassador or R Ambassador does one get priority in a fully booked hotel in the rare case rooms have been double booked?

For instance an Amb member has booked a room in the hotel and another non member has the same room also booked - regardless of when the rooms were booked.
The hotels then manages to double book rooms , does this give Amb priority over non members?
Hotel is less likely to walk an elite member than a non-status member. Issue as RA, is whether hotel can give you the upgrade you would normally get, as if sold out, the j/s, suites are already sold.

But if someone is booked multiple nights with issues only one night in that stay period, hotel will more likely walk someone with just that single night booked, to avoid revenue loss on nights right after.

Other reason on choosing who to walk, is as they have to pay next hotel, is walk the persons with cheapest room rate purchase so they get higher revenue on that room to offset paying the other hotel.

In Marriot walking an Elite has penalties for the hotel, i am not aware of penalties in IHG brand for walking elites.
Old Aug 2, 2013, 7:16 am

Programs: 100m swimming certificate level 5
Hotel is less likely to walk an elite member than a non-status member. Issue as RA, is whether hotel can give you the upgrade you would normally get, as if sold out, the j/s, suites are already sold.

But if someone is booked multiple nights with issues only one night in that stay period, hotel will more likely walk someone with just that single night booked, to avoid revenue loss on nights right after.

Other reason on choosing who to walk, is as they have to pay next hotel, is walk the persons with cheapest room rate purchase so they get higher revenue on that room to offset paying the other hotel.

In Marriot walking an Elite has penalties for the hotel, i am not aware of penalties in IHG brand for walking elites.
Interesting though.. So as a RA then they would need to get you a minimum exec room in a similar hotel would you say?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.