Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > InterContinental Hotels | IHG One Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador
Reload this Page >

The NEW Priority Club, Ambassador and Royal Ambassador Master Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The NEW Priority Club, Ambassador and Royal Ambassador Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Dec 23, 2010, 7:03 pm

Programs: UA, QFF, AA, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz Pres Circle.
Originally Posted by sweets61250
Yes it has gone up to US$ 200.

Renewal is still the same at US$100.
Thank you for the update sweets.

I just got the Amb renewal letter today in the mail. I guess I will renew.
Old Dec 25, 2010, 7:24 pm

Programs: UA MP 1k MM, HHH Gold Starwood Plat, AA Plat
Question RA and Free Internet

I am at the IC Singapore. I pre paid for the rooms and now they say that Internet is not included on the room rate. What is the rule on RA and free Internet.

Any info.
Old Dec 25, 2010, 9:12 pm

Programs: DL SM, UA 2P, US Silver, Hilton Diamond, PC Plat RA, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by Tokyo Lurker
I am at the IC Singapore. I pre paid for the rooms and now they say that Internet is not included on the room rate. What is the rule on RA and free Internet.

Any info.
You have to book the rate that includes it for free: http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/interco...internet-offer

Old Dec 26, 2010, 5:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Tokyo Lurker

Any info.
I stayed there just a few weeks back on a award night and it was free. Reception told me that it would be charged for but when I logged on via the lan cable it came up as free. Try it that way and see what price it quotes you before you buy it?
Old Dec 26, 2010, 6:39 pm

Ambassador Status worth it for just one night?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but would it make sense to buy the Ambassador status just for the free night certificate? For example, pay $200 for the status, redeem it on a ~$300 night at the IC San Juan, Puerto Rico.

I save $100 right? Or do you end up paying more for the paid night than you would on the website?
Old Dec 27, 2010, 7:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Originally Posted by jrbb1234
Correct me if I'm wrong, but would it make sense to buy the Ambassador status just for the free night certificate? For example, pay $200 for the status, redeem it on a ~$300 night at the IC San Juan, Puerto Rico.

I save $100 right? Or do you end up paying more for the paid night than you would on the website?
I don't think you understand how the Ambassador program works. The certificate you get is for weekends only, and you pay for the first night, and the second is free. You now also have to book online, and pay what is usually similar to the rack rate for the first paid night.
Old Dec 27, 2010, 8:24 am

Programs: IHG RA; Avis First
Originally Posted by CK82
You have to book the rate that includes it for free: http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/interco...internet-offer

The "rate" that includes "free internet" so its not really free/complementary anymore lol.
Old Dec 27, 2010, 9:54 am

Programs: Delta Silver, United 2P, SQ, SPG Plat, PC Plat AMB, Hyatt Dia, Hilton Gold, Accor Plat
Yet over at HGP + SPG

Originally Posted by BRAISKI
The "rate" that includes "free internet" so its not really free/complementary anymore lol.
Top tier members (+ even 1 below for Hyatt) receive complimentary free internet worldwide at all properties.

What is it with ICHG that they simply cannot get their act together to do across all the brands what HIX is able to do around the world and offer complimentary internet connection.
Old Dec 27, 2010, 10:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by CanuckinKL
Top tier members (+ even 1 below for Hyatt) receive complimentary free internet worldwide at all properties.

What is it with ICHG that they simply cannot get their act together to do across all the brands what HIX is able to do around the world and offer complimentary internet connection.
Let's start a Twitter rumor that IHG will announce this new free internet benefit for elites in 2011. Maybe it will come true.
Old Dec 27, 2010, 1:11 pm

Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero
I don't think you understand how the Ambassador program works. The certificate you get is for weekends only, and you pay for the first night, and the second is free. You now also have to book online, and pay what is usually similar to the rack rate for the first paid night.
If I was already planning a Friday - Sunday stay and the rooms are ~$300/night. I would pay for the first night and use the certificate for the second night. I'm saving $100 right? $200 for the status/free night vs. $300 for the room.
Old Dec 27, 2010, 5:16 pm

Programs: IHG RA; Avis First
Originally Posted by stimpy
Let's start a Twitter rumor that IHG will announce this new free internet benefit for elites in 2011. Maybe it will come true.
Or just bash IC, complaining that HIX gets free internet while the top end of the hotel chain doesnt. Then maybe they will respond to this, afraid of ppl going to other hotels with free internet (if there are any)
Old Dec 27, 2010, 9:13 pm

Programs: VA Platinum, QF Lifetime silver (ex plat :(), Accor Gold, IHG Ambassador, PC Platinum, Starwood Gold
Originally Posted by jrbb1234
If I was already planning a Friday - Sunday stay and the rooms are ~$300/night. I would pay for the first night and use the certificate for the second night. I'm saving $100 right? $200 for the status/free night vs. $300 for the room.
yes if that is your plan anyway then it is a definite no-brainer and well worth it..
Old Dec 27, 2010, 10:59 pm

Programs: AA EXP, IHG PL, SPG G, MR G, HH G, CC G, AMEX PL
Originally Posted by stimpy
Actually, I always got free internet in IHG hotels, even on award stays. Places include IC and ICMH in SFO (both paid), CP Metro in ORD (award), CS Airport ABQ (paid), CP Z Ocean in MIA (award), HI in Kingston, NY (paid). And I'm only PLT AMB.
Old Dec 28, 2010, 8:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by BRAISKI
Or just bash IC, complaining that HIX gets free internet while the top end of the hotel chain doesnt. Then maybe they will respond to this, afraid of ppl going to other hotels with free internet (if there are any)
Hilton giving free internet to Golds/Diamonds might be a better comparison...
Old Dec 29, 2010, 4:51 pm

Got Renewed Again

Just checked my account and there's confirmation of my renewal as an RA, this appears to have been done on 29th Nov; my membership was due to expire in March next year. At that point in time, I'd had 46 fully paid stays, 42 of which were at IC properties around the world and the rest at CP. Had a fair number of non-qualifying and rewards stays too but don't think those impact on re-qualification do they?

Have been given complimentary SPG Gold through my Krisflyer membership so might check a few of those properties out next year.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.