Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > InterContinental Hotels | IHG One Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador
Reload this Page >

The NEW Priority Club, Ambassador and Royal Ambassador Master Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The NEW Priority Club, Ambassador and Royal Ambassador Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jul 12, 2010, 1:20 pm

Programs: BA, FB, LH; PC/IC, HH, MR
Originally Posted by mikep
My wife just qualified for RA on July 8th and her Ambassador status is valid until Dec 2010. My question will her RA status expire?
RA will be valid until the end of her Ambassador year - ie Dec 2010 (unless she's earned everything for her RA status since Jan this year, in which case it will continue through until Dec 2011)
Old Jul 12, 2010, 1:49 pm

Originally Posted by markdg
RA will be valid until the end of her Ambassador year - ie Dec 2010 (unless she's earned everything for her RA status since Jan this year, in which case it will continue through until Dec 2011)
thanks
Old Nov 9, 2010, 7:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
So I just was granted RA status from PC in the last day. ^ Very impressed, but then again I've put in 57 nights (51 have posted) this year (only about 11 in IC's SINCE being AMB, but probably total of 15 in IC's). Anyway, very very happy about this, and PC is doing well in continuing to shift my business away from Hilton.

That being said, I only noticed that my status changed tonight (was still Amb last night). I checked INTO a hotel earlier today, as in the this afternoon at which I don't know IF I was RA at that time. That being said, I have a few questions:

1. I was NOT upgraded to a club/exec/suite, but only to 1 level higher than what I reserved. I assume that when my room was processed the system still showed me as AMB. Can I ask to be UG to that room (I still have 1 more night).

2. Can I claim the RA privileges now? (specifically the minibar)?

3. I assume I will get a new RA kit? Since I already got a Amb kit, will I get another BOGO cert and 5K points?
Old Nov 9, 2010, 12:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
I'm given to understand that your status is transmitted to the hotel at time of booking. Therefore they may not be aware that you are RA now. So for 1 and 2, I suggest asking at the front desk.

For 3, I'm given to understand that you will. You'll also get a refer-a-friend to RA cert, which are worth "rather a lot".
Old Nov 10, 2010, 8:15 pm

Originally Posted by stifle
I'm given to understand that your status is transmitted to the hotel at time of booking. Therefore they may not be aware that you are RA now. So for 1 and 2, I suggest asking at the front desk.

For 3, I'm given to understand that you will. You'll also get a refer-a-friend to RA cert, which are worth "rather a lot".
I have a refer a friend...worth a lot..like what's it worth?
Old Nov 10, 2010, 9:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
RA certs can be of variable worth. I've seen some go for as much as $1000 lately, but mostly in the $600-$700 range for cash transactions on eBay and the like.

They've actually doubled in value since they stopped sending them out with all RA packages. There are a lot less floating around now.

If you've just gotten an Ambassador package recently (2-3 months, perhaps?), they may just send you a RA cert. I didn't get renewed in 2009, so got my free downgrade Amb package mid year. Then I got enough nights by the end of the year, so got a full RA package. Then a few months later, I got my yearly renewal RA package. Life is good, sometimes.
Old Nov 11, 2010, 9:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero
RA certs can be of variable worth. I've seen some go for as much as $1000 lately, but mostly in the $600-$700 range for cash transactions on eBay and the like.

They've actually doubled in value since they stopped sending them out with all RA packages. There are a lot less floating around now.

If you've just gotten an Ambassador package recently (2-3 months, perhaps?), they may just send you a RA cert. I didn't get renewed in 2009, so got my free downgrade Amb package mid year. Then I got enough nights by the end of the year, so got a full RA package. Then a few months later, I got my yearly renewal RA package. Life is good, sometimes.
Only on FT would we be happier to get a RA package in the mail than a check.
Old Nov 12, 2010, 11:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
Four have sold on eBay this month for between €478 and €821.
Old Nov 13, 2010, 1:08 pm

Programs: LH HON, PC RA
Originally Posted by stifle
Four have sold on eBay this month for between €478 and €821.
Well, I got one left and I am thinking of selling it.
Anybody can think of any reason to not put it on Ebay?
Old Nov 13, 2010, 4:06 pm

Programs: Hyatt PL, PC Spire/RA, HH GOLD, SPG Green, Marriott Silver, Skywards B, CSA Gold, Lufthansa Paper,UA
Originally Posted by travelben
Reason

a) it's forbidden by PriorityClub/ICHG
b) it's now forbidden by Ebay rules

Old Nov 13, 2010, 10:53 pm

Programs: AA EXP, IHG PL, SPG G, MR G, HH G, CC G, AMEX PL
Originally Posted by travelben
Don't you have any friends?
Old Nov 13, 2010, 10:57 pm

Programs: IHG, RC, HH, AA, QF, UA, Aeroplan
Originally Posted by olegator
Reason

I've found coupon connection is best way to deal with RA cert
Old Nov 13, 2010, 10:59 pm

Programs: IHG, RC, HH, AA, QF, UA, Aeroplan

what is meant by not sending certs out with All RA packages

Last edited by Tim O'Brien; Nov 13, 2010 at 11:00 pm Reason: reference
Old Nov 14, 2010, 4:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by olegator
Reason

Are they? I have seen quite a few on eBay recently. Two on right now.
Old Nov 14, 2010, 10:22 am
used to be 'Flyfarfar'

Programs: DL, AA, SPG, MR, HGP, IHG
I saw an RA cert sell recently on eBay for ~700 USD.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.