Wiki Posts
Search

IC Bora Bora Le Moana Master Thread [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19, 2006, 10:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLAT, *wood Gold, Marriott Silver
IC Bora Bora Le Moana Master Thread [merged]

Has anyone been to the IC in Bora Bora on Mathira point? I'm trying to book a room for my honeymoon...any tips?
Old Jun 19, 2006, 2:45 pm

Originally Posted by dave_SEA
Has anyone been to the IC in Bora Bora on Mathira point? I'm trying to book a room for my honeymoon...any tips?
I have been there a couple of years ago. The key tip is to book the beach bungalow with points and then get Ambassador status in order to get upgraded to an OWB.

It's an awesome place. Have fun!
Old Jun 19, 2006, 2:49 pm
Original Poster

I don't have any IC points, so need to pay cash unfortunately.

Did they have any complimentary water sports at the time, like sailing or windsurfing?

Originally Posted by michaelr
I have been there a couple of years ago. The key tip is to book the beach bungalow with points and then get Ambassador status in order to get upgraded to an OWB.

It's an awesome place. Have fun!
Old Jun 19, 2006, 6:26 pm

Did they have any complimentary water sports at the time, like sailing or windsurfing?
Not much on BB is complimentary, just the opposite. However, snorkeling gear and kayaks are free. That's it. Oh, day-old break meant to feed the fish through your glass table is free also.
Old Jun 20, 2006, 3:57 am

Programs: SPG Platinum, IC Platinum RA, Emirates Gold, BA Silver
I've been to this property too. It won't be a problem for you as you don't have any points, but due to the recent T&C changes in the PC programme, properties no longer have to upgrade guests for reward point stays (unless they choose to - I was lucky though, hope others are too in the future), but I'd recommend you buying Ambassador and then by booking a beach bungalow using cash, you'll then be entitled to an upgrade to an OWB, which is brilliant!

As others have said, very little is free, but boat trips such as feeding the rays and sharks are worth the money. They also produce a DVD on the trip (which you'll need to pay for) so you'll get a nice memento which features yourselves and the other trip attendees on it, plus an intro about the hotel at the start of the film.

Last edited by Loyalty Club; Jun 21, 2006 at 2:53 am
Old Jun 20, 2006, 8:29 am
Original Poster

My concern is that I will spend the $150 and by an Ambassador membership, only to be told be the hotel that there is no availability to upgrade. Bora Bora is a tight place...
Old Jun 21, 2006, 2:49 am

My concern is that I will spend the $150 and by an Ambassador membership, only to be told be the hotel that there is no availability to upgrade. Bora Bora is a tight place...
The T&Cs don't mention that the upgrade is based upon availability, so you should be fine. It might also be worth e-mailing the hotel to ask them to confirm that you'd be upgraded as an Ambassador to an OWB if you booked a beach bungalow using money.

Here's the relevant T&C:-

InterContinental Ambassador Benefits: Upgrades to a Superior room will be assigned at check-in. A room one category higher than purchased will be assigned to InterContinental Ambassadors. Late Check-out Courtesy: InterContinental Ambassadors will be entitled to a late check out time of 4:00 pm. Airport Chauffeur Service is available with advance reservations and at published fares. When staying on Reward Nights, all Ambassador and Royal Ambassador privileges apply with the exception of upgrades, free Pay TV film per stay, 24 hour guaranteed room availability, 8:00am early check-in and complimentary mini bar beverages.
Old Jun 21, 2006, 3:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
But Ambassador membership will also get you the voucher for a free weekend night. So - assuming you will be there over a weekend, and that Bora Bora costs more than $150 per night - you will be quids in even if you don't get an upgrade.

Plus you get the 4pm check-out and 1 free Pay TV movie as well!
Old Jun 21, 2006, 9:08 am

Yep, I agree with Raffles that you can't lose either way! You'll also get a gift as a result of your Ambassador membership, which for me was cool T-shirt, plus a nice sarong for Ms Loyalty Club, plus an impressive looking plant, which you can't take with you!
Old Jun 22, 2006, 12:34 am
DCF

Programs: Etihad Guest
This is a beautiful property, in the most spectacular location on BOB (much prettier than the even more luxurious Thalasso).

If you contact reservations at the Tahiti Beachcomber IC directly, they will book you in at the BB Moana Beach IC AND if you are an Ambassador (or buy it from them) they will upgrade you one category at the time of booking.

Wonderful, wonderful hotel.
Old Feb 3, 2007, 11:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ICH Ambassador, HH Gold VIP, Starwood Platinum Preferred, UA Premier, AA, Marriott Bonvoy
Bora Bora

Can someone tell me how to get there? I tried a couple of airlines' websites only to come up empty.
Old Feb 4, 2007, 12:50 am

Programs: QF QP NB, PC Plat. Amb, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Camino1
Can someone tell me how to get there? I tried a couple of airlines' websites only to come up empty.
www.airtahiti.aero will get you all the info you need, they fly around all of French Polynesia, including from Tahiti to Bora Bora (Air Tahiti not to be confused with Air Tahiti Nui, the airline that flies internationally from Tahiti).
Old Feb 4, 2007, 3:41 am

Programs: BA/BMI/RZGP Gold, AA/Amex Plat, IC Plat RA, HH Diamond, VS Silver
Originally Posted by Camino1
Get to Tahiti (using one of a couple of airlines) and then as above take air tahiti aero.

Have a look at Schofs' Travels for all the fun I had with planning it on miles...
Old Feb 4, 2007, 7:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
Right, you fly to PPT... your profile lists you as located in SBA, so you'd fly out of LAX... Air Tahiti Nui (TN) flies the most flights LAX-PPT, Air France also offers flights, and currently Air New Zealand does as well (though IIRC they'll ending this service).

Once you reach PPT you fly the local Air Tahiti (VT) carrier PPT-BOB.
Old Feb 4, 2007, 9:53 am

For local flights, as mentioned - http://www.airtahiti.aero/home.php
Book online, they will conform with an e-mail and you will have
a few months to fax your credit card. If you pick more than one
island, air-passes are cheaper, just make a circle reservation and
they will price it for you... You can then change dates for free.
Air New Zealand cut the number of flights to PPT this year, so it might
be a bit more difficult... Try Air France, it's better anyway...
If you don't care about miles, Air Tahiti Nui is OK and let you
upgrade to business for $700...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.