Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IC Bora Bora Le Moana Master Thread [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 4, 2017, 6:58 pm

Originally Posted by CanuckFlyHigh
No gym at Moana??
Nope. I don't think there has ever been one. You can easily go running in the road. Just have to be careful for wild dogs.
Old Oct 5, 2017, 8:01 pm

Programs: UA-lifetime Platinum (2MM), IHG-Amb, HH-Diamond, Hertz-PC, Marriott-Gold, CX-AM
No gym at Moana??
Correct, no gym at Le Moana. I only saw pool table near the bar and table tennis in a hut next to the public restroom but didn't use it.
Old Oct 23, 2017, 11:44 pm

July 6th is available
Old Oct 24, 2017, 8:37 pm

What is the occupancy for the Beach Bungalow?

We have booked this room and I am attempting to update the number of occupants. The description, see picture, says two adults and one child up to 15 years of age. Our daughter is 8. We have stayed at all the other FP IHG resorts with similar room configurations with no issues.

I assume I can call/email directly and they will update the reservations, but thought I would see if anyone else ran in to this issue before?

Thanks
Dave
Attached Images  
Old Oct 26, 2017, 10:58 am

Originally Posted by delder
We have booked this room and I am attempting to update the number of occupants. The description, see picture, says two adults and one child up to 15 years of age. Our daughter is 8. We have stayed at all the other FP IHG resorts with similar room configurations with no issues.

I assume I can call/email directly and they will update the reservations, but thought I would see if anyone else ran in to this issue before?

Thanks
Dave

Dave,

The room can accommodate 2 adults and 2 children. My family and I (2 adults and 2 kids) stayed there one night before moving onto Thalasso and the resort provided us with child bedding for 2. You can either have bedding setup on the couch, a rollaway, or both.

Just contact the resort ahead of time and let them know that you will have a part of 3 instead of 2. I originally booked the room when it allowed a party of 3 and had to let them know that I had a fourth person (my 1 year old).

Ethan
Traveler Dave likes this.
Old Oct 26, 2017, 5:00 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,
I have a points stay December 26 - 28 and Dec 30 - Jan 2 (6 nights).

Been looking for December 29th forever. I am going on this trip no matter what, and have a paid room booked that night. However, when would a points night generally open up "last minute" if it was going to open? Is there a rule? 7 days or something?

My reso becomes nonrefundable on December 22nd, so after that I am stuck with the paid night.
Old Oct 31, 2017, 8:23 am

I have a points stay December 26 - 28 and Dec 30 - Jan 2 (6 nights).

Been looking for December 29th forever. I am going on this trip no matter what, and have a paid room booked that night. However, when would a points night generally open up "last minute" if it was going to open? Is there a rule? 7 days or something?

My reso becomes nonrefundable on December 22nd, so after that I am stuck with the paid night.
There is no rule..
Just setup some alerts for that night and hope it will open.

I was in a similar situation with a missing night on my first day in November and availability opened up and managed to snap up the date i was missing.
Old Oct 31, 2017, 8:45 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,
Originally Posted by michalis
There is no rule..
Just setup some alerts for that night and hope it will open.

I was in a similar situation with a missing night on my first day in November and availability opened up and managed to snap up the date i was missing.
Thanks! What site works well for alerts?
Old Nov 1, 2017, 12:20 am

Thanks! What site works well for alerts?
I use Hotel hustle, but others have apparently written scripts which (I assume) helps them get notifications for reward nights earlier.
Old Nov 1, 2017, 5:53 am

Programs: AA Exp, UA PP, IC Diamond, HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Centurion
These are the current dates with award availability:
Nov 11
Feb 9
Mar 10, 11, 17, 24
Jun 23
Jul 17
Aug 20

Enjoy!

Last edited by DUflyer; Nov 1, 2017 at 7:39 am
Old Nov 1, 2017, 10:53 am

Originally Posted by DUflyer
These are the current dates with award availability:
Nov 11
Feb 9
Mar 10, 11, 17, 24
Jun 23
Jul 17
Aug 20

Enjoy!
Thanks for this. Out of curiosity, how do you find this? I search November 11, and I see it on points. However, when I search a different date with no availability, and click on the calendar to view availability, Nov 11 does not shows as available. Just curious how this works, so I can properly watch for the date I need in December.
Old Nov 1, 2017, 8:28 pm

Programs: AA Exp, UA PP, IC Diamond, HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Centurion
Thanks for this. Out of curiosity, how do you find this? I search November 11, and I see it on points. However, when I search a different date with no availability, and click on the calendar to view availability, Nov 11 does not shows as available. Just curious how this works, so I can properly watch for the date I need in December.
They have disabled the calendar a while ago, you have to search specific dates to see availability, manually or using a script.

For your purpose Hotel Hustle should be good enough. I don't know how frequently they monitor your specified dates (maybe once a day?), but if no one else books the room between the time the room becomes available and the time Hotel Hustle monitors it and sends you a notification, you should be fine.

Of course if someone monitors the same date with Hotel Hustle, then it is a matter of who grabs it first.

(only Feb 9, Mar 17, Nov 11 still available, other dates taken)

Last edited by DUflyer; Nov 3, 2017 at 2:29 pm Reason: updated available dates
Old Nov 8, 2017, 3:17 am

Programs: IHG Spire, Club Carlson & Hilton HHonors Gold, Sixt Platinum
Just released Aug 16 - 19 at Le Moana
Old Nov 8, 2017, 6:15 pm

Just released 2 nights. September 1-3. I did confirm that they went back into inventory.
Old Nov 12, 2017, 3:40 pm

A bunch of dates available, these are the consecutive reward nights:
Dec 21-23 and June 15-17.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.