Friends and Family discount at all IHG Hotels

Old Jan 13, 2011, 9:55 am

Originally Posted by Beecherman
Thanks to all who replied!!! I really appreciate it.

And to those who are worried about whether or not the F&F discount is okay to use, I e-mailed Ana Lowe via FB. She e-mailed me back and said that 'yes', it is okay for all to use, and she encouraged me to use it, and to report back to her on where I stayed, and what I thought.

I don't want to inundate her with e-mails, but she said to use it, and put her name on it. She works in the ICHG corporate office in Derby, England. She said no one should have a problem using it, and if they do, that the hotel should contact her about it.

And regarding the Berchtesgaden Resort in Germany, we'll be staying there during the week. So we cannot use my BOGO certificate. There's a difference of about 42 euros between the F&F rate and the lowest advanced stay rate. Since we're only paying for 1 night (the other 2 are free from last year's promotion) I might just pay the higher rate to be sure to get the upgrade. We're celebrating my partner's 50th birthday and I'd like to get a nice room.

Also, I figure staying there during the week might increase our chances of getting a really nice upgrade (maybe a couple of levels).

Any thoughts? Thanks again.....

Hello,
I would like to get incontact with someone for their F&F discount for my upcoming honeymoon.
Old Jan 13, 2011, 11:27 am

Programs: United Airlines Mileage Plus Premier Executive, Intercontinental Platinum Ambassador
Originally Posted by Chinatrvl
I just realized your are "only" Ambassador - I posted about RA upgrades, which will most likely not apply to you. Sorry!
No worries! My goal is to make it to RA one year, but not yet! I'm still hopeful that staying during the week in February will work in our favor! And if not, I'll figure something out. Thanks again!
Old Jan 13, 2011, 11:45 am

Programs: Nothing shiny :-(
Originally Posted by Jenne716
Hello,
I would like to get incontact with someone for their F&F discount for my upcoming honeymoon.
Have you read post 857?
Old Jan 13, 2011, 1:53 pm

Programs: BA silver, Hyatt PLT, AA EXP, US silver, ICH RA, CO PLT
Thanks again Steve!
Old Jan 13, 2011, 2:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Originally Posted by Beecherman
The feedback I have read is that I will most likely NOT get upgraded at IC Berchtesgaden on a F&F rate. So I'm wondering if I'll have a better shot at using 40k points and just booking a room instead.
Your answer is simple, I think. Book the room you really want for the 1st night using F&F rates. 90% certain the hotel will let you keep the same room for your 2 reward nights.
Old Jan 13, 2011, 3:24 pm

Programs: United Airlines Mileage Plus Premier Executive, Intercontinental Platinum Ambassador
Originally Posted by Jenne716
Hello,
Here's a link to Ana Lowe's web page....its pretty self-explanatory. And you can message her via Facebook if you have any other questions or concerns. Good luck!

http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/6c/...1214-_-EM10625
Old Jan 18, 2011, 5:05 pm

Originally Posted by Hannibal Lecter
and t looks like Advace Purchase is now called Book Early & Save
Correction to the above, Book Early & Save is a completly new rate code, ida21, after checking a few properties it seems like the rules are as follows

ADVANCE PURCHASE
MUST PURCHASE AT LEAST 3 DAYS IN ADVANCE. MUST PURCHASE NO MORE THAN 20 DAYS IN ADVANCE.

BOOK EARLY AND SAVE
Save at least 20% off the Best Flexible rate, when you book more than 21 days in advance.

less than 21 days before BE&S dissapears and is replaced by AP

So the big question is, is BE&S a qualifying rate?
Old Jan 18, 2011, 6:40 pm

Programs: AA GOLD,DELTA DM, IC RA , HILTON GOLD, NAT. EE
Originally Posted by Hannibal Lecter
Correction to the above, Book Early & Save is a completly new rate code, ida21, after checking a few properties it seems like the rules are as follows

ADVANCE PURCHASE
MUST PURCHASE AT LEAST 3 DAYS IN ADVANCE. MUST PURCHASE NO MORE THAN 20 DAYS IN ADVANCE.

BOOK EARLY AND SAVE
Save at least 20% off the Best Flexible rate, when you book more than 21 days in advance.

less than 21 days before BE&S dissapears and is replaced by AP
I have the same question. I was searching some rates for big city European properties next summer and found the BE&S rate . I compared it to the F&F rates and in most cases found it to be identical.
BE&S is a published rate , so I presume it is qualifying and PC point generating. Does anyone have knowledge or experience with this rate ?

So the big question is, is BE&S a qualifying rate?
Old Jan 19, 2011, 1:02 am

Originally Posted by darby1970
I have the same question. I was searching some rates for big city European properties next summer and found the BE&S rate . I compared it to the F&F rates and in most cases found it to be identical.
BE&S is a published rate , so I presume it is qualifying and PC point generating. Does anyone have knowledge or experience with this rate ?

No guarantee, this rate for example is not qualifying, and it seems that BE&S is better than this.

http://www.greenroom.co.uk/rac/
Old Jan 19, 2011, 1:42 am

Programs: AY Silver. HHonors Gold & the other shiny cards you get with the AX plat
Originally Posted by xerobasher
does anyone know when exactly they charge the credit card? I just made a booking through F&F, advance purchase rate...don't think I have been charged, didn't get any confirmation for the payment or similar...
Booked two rooms with F&F in July 2010 for stays in February 2011. HI Rosebank, Johannesburg charged my CC in December. HIX Cape Town hasn't shown up on the CC statement yet.
Old Jan 26, 2011, 4:34 am
Zig

I have been trying to get some rooms in SYD and MEL for March and April using this rate and for all dates I have tried I am getting the message that the rate is 'not available'. Is there a problem with the rate that anyone knows of? I looked at some rates last week and all was ok, but now no availability.
Old Jan 26, 2011, 6:00 am
Suspended

Programs: Hertz Gold / Hilton Diamond / Hyatt Plat / Marriott Gold / IC RA / SPG Plat
Having the same problem with f&f rates in the UK...no more available.

Hope this is not a permanent thing.
Old Jan 26, 2011, 6:13 am

Programs: BA, FB, LH; PC/IC, HH, MR
I'm seeing them just fine - random search for london at the start of April
Old Jan 26, 2011, 6:21 am
Suspended

Programs: Hertz Gold / Hilton Diamond / Hyatt Plat / Marriott Gold / IC RA / SPG Plat
Originally Posted by markdg
I'm seeing them just fine - random search for london at the start of April
I see that, but nothing in the immediate future. Weird because this has changed from how it was a few weeks ago. Then only rates were available within 21 days were showing and now April is bookable. Obviously this is an improvement but whatever they have done now it seems to have affected the short term / immediate availability!
Old Jan 26, 2011, 6:33 am

Originally Posted by Goonerfish
I see that, but nothing in the immediate future. Weird because this has changed from how it was a few weeks ago. Then only rates were available within 21 days were showing and now April is bookable. Obviously this is an improvement but whatever they have done now it seems to have affected the short term / immediate availability!
it certainly is weird, sometimes you can only book properties within 21 days
the next day you can only book from 21 days until the end of the year

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.