Wiki Posts
Search

IC Buenos Aires Master Thread [merged]

Search this Thread

Old May 7, 2016, 4:13 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
+ 1 ^for BUE Interconti^

Very consistent in providing great Elite experience.

Ana BTW ARS 120.000 is USD 8.500 - slightly too expensive for a taxi ride
Old May 8, 2016, 5:11 pm

Programs: IHG Spire Amb, HH Diamond, DL Diamond and 1MM

Last edited by Bowgie; Jun 19, 2016 at 3:15 pm Reason: duplicate post; mods please delete
Old May 9, 2016, 12:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by Bowgie
I stayed there last fall. I accidentally dropped my credit card down the gap between the elevator car and the ground floor. There got someone to access the elevator from below to retrieve my card.

Yes, I would stay there again.
They could not refuse: they needed your money
Old Jun 18, 2016, 7:27 pm

Is there anyone smarter than me who knows how to get English on the dubbed channels at this hotel? There's no SAP button and the staff says that's the way it is. 42 channels and only 2 in English?
Old Jun 23, 2016, 9:36 pm

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? (spire ambassador)

King Club, upgraded to Junior Suite prior to arrival

Received fruit, daily water refresh, note, large jar of dulce de leche, coupon for two pressed garments and a coupon for bottle of wine with purchase of an entree in the restaurant (limited time only).

Used a slightly after 4 pm checkout without charge as ambassador

How are the rooms?

Great! Looks just like the photos on the site with hard wood floors and a rug. WC and shower/tub are in two separate areas with the closet in between them. Excellent housekeeping. Water pressure could strip the paint off a wall which was awesome.

How is the exec. lounge?

Outstanding considering the use of space and size of the lounge. Only had breakfast once but could have taken it downstairs. Large range of cold options and baked eggs. Canapes were superb including meats and cheeses, smoked salmon, a stew, etc.

One extremely minor complaint, is they put out tons of tiny ramekins (an example would be quinoa with a baby tomato on top). It's good for one bite... and very delicious, but I'd rather see a serving bowl where guests can choose a portion.

Staff is exceptional, personable and will personally troubleshoot any issue.

What was good and what was bad?

Good -- aforementioned junior suite and lounge, Lobby is immaculate and looks world class, concierge staff is top notch, dinner shuttle will take you anywhere local between 7pm-9pm and then pick up you up later

Bad -- food service in the bar is exceptionally slow, even when empty (35 minutes for a cold appetizer), lack of an SAP button on the remote so all the dubbed channels are in Spanish only and can't be changed, Always multiple door people but often times just having conversations with each other instead of opening doors/greeting guests. Price for airport pickup of 995 pesos when a radio taxi will book a flat rate of 450 and Uber quotes 300.

Value for $ or Priority Club Points? Would you return?

Yes, with the caveat that this isn't the greatest location in the city. I stayed here because I shot off to different areas (Ricoletta, Palermo, Puerto, Florida Street). There are certainly nicer areas while this one is "gritty." If I didn't have any loyalty to IHG, I would probably stay elsewhere in the city.

Quick tip -- Uber may be "illegal" and there are not a ton of cars in use, but every trip ended up perfect and the drivers are highly enthusiastic. Highly recommended.

Score = 9/10

Last edited by saaveraward; Jun 24, 2016 at 9:01 am
Old Sep 27, 2016, 3:54 pm

how much is club access for spire amb?
Old May 3, 2017, 8:04 pm

Any recent stays confirming they still routinely give lounge access to Platinums (non Amb)? Am planning a stay in July with this expectation

- Am here now so will answer my own question: YMMV. In spite of reports on this thread of Platinums getting club access even on award stays, we were not offered it gratis. Was told it is comped only on paid stays. After some back and forth, I accepted a supposedly discounted $50 a day upcharge for a club room. Otherwise would have had only a minor upgrade to a deluxe room. Not sure whether it was the discretion of the person who checked us in, or that they are tightening things up in terms of benefits, but in any case that's the best we could do. Mixed feelings about the hotel. Lovely lobby and facility but rooms are on the small side and oldish. Lounge has decent view but tiny and really limited services and F/B. Had breakfasts in restaurant, which was a pretty decent buffet (though certain things, like brown rotting lettuce and watery coffee, were subpar) as the lounge breakfast spread was really minimal, just a few items for continental breakfast. A few sweets in the afternoon were put out and not replenished, and one hot dish with some cheeses and cold cuts and two varieties of red wine (both Malbec) in the evening, also not readily replenished. Lounge was empty and unstaffed most of the time and honestly, even for just $50 a day it was barely worth it except for the restaurant breakfast. As for the location, we found it to be perfectly safe and somewhat interesting architecture and some dining options in the area- though it is certainly not as central as Recoleta or the Palermo neighborhoods. The service in the hotel ranged from perfunctorily minimal to downright cold. The doorman wasn't big on actually opening the door (and silently watched us once or twice struggle with the locked revolving door) and the security dudes in the lobby with earpieces seem to enjoy posing like they are in the CIA. Overall, I would say it is an okay option if you are an IHG loyalist, have Platinum or better status and get a good rate on a cash stay as you will likely get a club room. Otherwise I think there are better options in better locations in the city.

Last edited by gil123; Jul 9, 2017 at 2:08 pm
Old Mar 12, 2018, 5:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by gil123
Any recent stays confirming they still routinely give lounge access to Platinums (non Amb)?
Bump. Same question. I am contemplating returning here, after receiving lounge access as a Plat in 2016. Any recent stays?
Old Mar 12, 2018, 9:09 am

Others can chime in who may have stayed after me, but the for our stay last summer the (assumedly) manager who checked us in was very clear: lounge access for Platinums only on paid stays, not on award stays. You should probably e-mail the hotel and get a response in writing as to whether they will give you access or not if it is a criteria for whether to choose the hotel or not (like it was for us).
Old Oct 15, 2019, 5:04 am

Programs: UA GS / IHG Spire RA / HHonors Gold / SPG Marriott Plat
does anyone have experience here as an RA on an award night? upgrades, lounge, etc. thanks in advance
Old Oct 15, 2019, 6:07 am

Maybe you missed it. Ambassador terms have been changed. You get all benefits on award stays now.
Old Oct 16, 2019, 3:34 am

Programs: UA GS / IHG Spire RA / HHonors Gold / SPG Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by nrgetik
Maybe you missed it. Ambassador terms have been changed. You get all benefits on award stays now.
cheers
Old Apr 28, 2023, 1:33 pm

Programs: TK/SQ Gold, QR Plat, Marriott/Accor Plat, IC Dia Amb, HH Gold, Hertz PC
Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?

2 separate award nights, both upgraded to Club King a day before arrival as a Diamond Ambassador. Didn't need to use my annual lounge access reward.

How are the rooms?

This is a classic IC - reminded me very much of when I first started staying with ICs 20 years ago. Hardwood floors, old-style furniture, very comfortable. Nothing really modern (eg. no USB ports), except for the TV which was a LG flatscreen. Wifi was 30-40 Mbps and free for everyone.

How is the exec. lounge?

Never felt crowded, popped in for coffee and croissants during the day. Very good canapes, wines, sparkling wines during 5-7pm. Breakfast was offered in the restaurant on L1, which had sparkling wines out in the morning.

Good -- all my local friends who came to visit were impressed with the hotel, told me it was a good decision to choose this over the Park Tower. Restaurants were great, the outdoor patio area "Flora" had a DJ in the evenings and made for a great date night. Front desk, lounge dragons, concierge, restaurant staff all top-notch! Short Uber ride to everywhere.

Bad -- The throw cushion on the bed triggered some allergies, but once I threw it behind the sofa, the sniffles went away.

Value for $ or Points? Would you return?

30K points instead of USD282, good value for points. I would definitely return if I was in BA again.
VaBeachGirl likes this.
Old May 1, 2023, 10:00 am

Programs: AC E75K, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by Savage25
Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?

2 separate award nights, both upgraded to Club King a day before arrival as a Diamond Ambassador. Didn't need to use my annual lounge access reward.

How are the rooms?

This is a classic IC - reminded me very much of when I first started staying with ICs 20 years ago. Hardwood floors, old-style furniture, very comfortable. Nothing really modern (eg. no USB ports), except for the TV which was a LG flatscreen. Wifi was 30-40 Mbps and free for everyone.

How is the exec. lounge?

Never felt crowded, popped in for coffee and croissants during the day. Very good canapes, wines, sparkling wines during 5-7pm. Breakfast was offered in the restaurant on L1, which had sparkling wines out in the morning.

Good -- all my local friends who came to visit were impressed with the hotel, told me it was a good decision to choose this over the Park Tower. Restaurants were great, the outdoor patio area "Flora" had a DJ in the evenings and made for a great date night. Front desk, lounge dragons, concierge, restaurant staff all top-notch! Short Uber ride to everywhere.

Bad -- The throw cushion on the bed triggered some allergies, but once I threw it behind the sofa, the sniffles went away.

Value for $ or Points? Would you return?

30K points instead of USD282, good value for points. I would definitely return if I was in BA again.
I would agree completely with the comments re the hotel. We stayed there 4 nights last week. But with the MEP credit card rate, you are not really paying US$282, probably closer to $150?
craigthemif likes this.
Old May 3, 2023, 12:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by yyckiwi
But with the MEP credit card rate, you are not really paying US$282, probably closer to $150?
Yes - a huge amount of sticker shock at Argentine hotel pricing, until you realise that it works out to roughly half price as long as you don't pay in advance.

A big downside, however, is that the dynamic pricing algorithms of the major hotel chains WAY overprice award rooms.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.