Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Ambassador card. Yay!

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31, 2009, 3:44 am

Originally Posted by Dave Noble
Even so, there is no real relevence to the Gold/Platinum PC side when staying at an IC anyway is there?

The new cards look pretty decent to me
Agree that the cards look good, but I assume this replaces our existing PC cards as well so you may need it to show something about Platinum status on the card for non-IC hotels.
Old Jan 31, 2009, 4:47 am

Programs: ICHG Platinum RoyalAmb, HiltonHonors Gold, AClub Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Spg Plat
Originally Posted by Dave Noble
Even so, there is no real relevence to the Gold/Platinum PC side when staying at an IC anyway is there?
But it's important for CP and HI stays...
Old Jan 31, 2009, 5:13 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by aleinvolo
But it's important for CP and HI stays...
The card is gold or silvery to indicate whether the member has Gold or Platinum status.

The systems seem good at getting membership information across and I have not had a single stay where my status has not shown in the system at the hotel , so seems a lot of worry about nothing.

Dave
Old Jan 31, 2009, 9:33 am

Programs: All of the above
I have never had to show my RA card as it is always on the reservation. And my luggage tag seems to always disappear after a flight!!!
Old Feb 1, 2009, 12:37 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt PL, PC Spire/RA, HH GOLD, SPG Green, Marriott Silver, Skywards B, CSA Gold, Lufthansa Paper,UA
Originally Posted by flylinda
I have never had to show my RA card as it is always on the reservation. And my luggage tag seems to always disappear after a flight!!!

IT's to easy to remove, try to use it on hand luggage
Old Feb 1, 2009, 10:13 am

Programs: VS Gold, IHG RA/Plat, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by flylinda
I thought just me! Every time I go to US, I lose one of my luggage tage (PC/RA and VS). And this only happens in the US, never happened in Far East although my flight ratio is about 1:8 between these two regions, very strange.

Is it in US airports, luggage handling staff only holds the luggage tage to lift a bag? :P
Old Feb 1, 2009, 12:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Originally Posted by jexelot
Looks like a IC hotel key card. only difference is its color black.
That was my initial reaction too.
Old Feb 1, 2009, 12:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Originally Posted by MP (Miles+Points)
I thought just me! Every time I go to US, I lose one of my luggage tage (PC/RA and VS). And this only happens in the US, never happened in Far East although my flight ratio is about 1:8 between these two regions, very strange.

Is it in US airports, luggage handling staff only holds the luggage tage to lift a bag? :P
I find LAX is where I "lose" most of my luggage tags.
Old Feb 2, 2009, 10:14 pm

Programs: UA MM/1P, EK Au, QR, TK, Marriott Life Ti, Hilton Dia, IC Dia, Hyatt Glob, Accor Pt, Shangri-La
Anyone notice the Customize Member Card link? I am not sure if this is new, but I have never noticed it before.

We know there are other loyalty programs out there, and as a savvy traveler you probably belong to a number of them. But wouldn't it be nice if you didn't have all of those membership cards filling up your wallet?

Priority Club Rewards is pleased to offer you the ability to keep all of your membership numbers in one place. Whether it’s your frequent flyer programs, your car rental membership or another hotel loyalty program, you can now include all of this information on the back of your Priority Club Rewards card.

Simply enter your member IDs with our online form and we’ll send you a new customized Priority Club Rewards card.

Seems like a nice idea.
Old Feb 2, 2009, 11:13 pm

Programs: IC Spire Ambassador, A3*G, MSC Diamond
Originally Posted by mecabq
Anyone notice the Customize Member Card link? I am not sure if this is new, but I have never noticed it before.

We know there are other loyalty programs out there, and as a savvy traveler you probably belong to a number of them. But wouldn't it be nice if you didn't have all of those membership cards filling up your wallet?

Priority Club Rewards is pleased to offer you the ability to keep all of your membership numbers in one place. Whether it’s your frequent flyer programs, your car rental membership or another hotel loyalty program, you can now include all of this information on the back of your Priority Club Rewards card.

Simply enter your member IDs with our online form and we’ll send you a new customized Priority Club Rewards card.

Seems like a nice idea.
I think it has already been there for about... hmmm... half a year or even longer...
Old Feb 3, 2009, 10:11 am

Programs: VS Gold, IHG RA/Plat, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by mecabq

Seems like a nice idea.
It has been discussed here when it first been introduced. It's just another way to get your travel information, if you wish to supply them to PC.
Old Feb 4, 2009, 9:59 am

Programs: UA MM/1P, EK Au, QR, TK, Marriott Life Ti, Hilton Dia, IC Dia, Hyatt Glob, Accor Pt, Shangri-La
Originally Posted by Flamewing
I think it has already been there for about... hmmm... half a year or even longer...
Thanks, and sorry for being slow on the uptake!
Old Feb 4, 2009, 11:28 pm

Programs: RA, QANTAS Club Platinum
Originally Posted by olegator
IT's to easy to remove, try to use it on hand luggage
I stopped using it for cargo luggage and only use on carry on too. Hotel staff still see the tag as they take both my bags together
Old Feb 5, 2009, 11:17 am

Programs: AA 1MM Plat, PC Plat RA, HHonors Gold, National EE
I would hope that the people they hired to redesign the materials realized that the "old" ambassador luggage tags were prone to falling off if you brushed up against them in the wrong way.

They looked cool with the leather and metal, but those fastening snaps were quite flimsy. I lost one on a carryon rollaboard when I flew on an RJ, since the bag had to be stowed in the cargo area. Now I only sport one RA tag on my laptop bag.

I still have one of those indestructible plastic Platinum PC tags with the plastic loop attachment on my checkin suitcase. It's seen better days, but it even survived the Albany, NY AA luggage handlers several times
Old Feb 5, 2009, 10:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by WonderDude
I would hope that the people they hired to redesign the materials realized that the "old" ambassador luggage tags were prone to falling off if you brushed up against them in the wrong way.

They looked cool with the leather and metal, but those fastening snaps were quite flimsy. I lost one on a carryon rollaboard when I flew on an RJ, since the bag had to be stowed in the cargo area. Now I only sport one RA tag on my laptop bag.

I still have one of those indestructible plastic Platinum PC tags with the plastic loop attachment on my checkin suitcase. It's seen better days, but it even survived the Albany, NY AA luggage handlers several times
I have always cut the metal tag away from the leather portion and slipped it onto the same strap as I use for my airline elite tag....airline on one side, hotel program on the other.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.