Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Intercontinental London Club Lounge - is it worth it?

Search this Thread

Old May 2, 2016, 5:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by 336
Personally, it is one of my favourite IC places for breakfast. Hence, it can reasonably be valued in the same price category as other IC breakfast restaurants.
Can it?
Not quite sure that breakfast at Park Lane is as good as Berlin, Bucharest, Düsseldorf, Frankfurt, Budapest, Lisbon, Madrid, Malta, Athens.
Old May 3, 2016, 1:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by nicolas75
Can it?
Not quite sure that breakfast at Park Lane is as good as Berlin, Bucharest, Düsseldorf, Frankfurt, Budapest, Lisbon, Madrid, Malta, Athens.
I think the breakfast is a high point at PL (when you consider the menu items beyond the buffet), it is the evening drinks (starting very early and with little in the way of snacks) that lets things down. Cracking open a bottle of Moët doesn't make up for a pretty inferior overall offering. Look at the IC O2 where you can have a pretty full meal in the evening if you chose, with 4 bottles of reds, 4 whites (including Cloudy Bay on my last visit), a rose and a good English sparkling rose (Balfour Brut which has also been served by BA in F and which I would argue is far nicer than Moet).

The other IC's you mention also have a policy of giving RA's lounge access
Old May 4, 2016, 5:35 am

Programs: CHASE UNITED CLUB; CITI PRESTIGE; IHG SPIRE AMBASSADOR; RITZ-CARLTON GOLD; Global Entry
Originally Posted by Land-of-Miles
I think the breakfast is a high point at PL (when you consider the menu items beyond the buffet), it is the evening drinks (starting very early and with little in the way of snacks) that lets things down. Cracking open a bottle of Moët doesn't make up for a pretty inferior overall offering. Look at the IC O2 where you can have a pretty full meal in the evening if you chose, with 4 bottles of reds, 4 whites (including Cloudy Bay on my last visit), a rose and a good English sparkling rose (Balfour Brut which has also been served by BA in F and which I would argue is far nicer than Moet).

The other IC's you mention also have a policy of giving RA's lounge access
How much is the club access for an AMB(not yet an RA) per night in O2-IC?

I think another netter made a good point. It also depends on what I want to do in London. If I were very busy out of the hotel and couldn't make it back before 7:30PM, then it would be hard to justify L78 per night club access. For me, I am pretty relaxed and I can stick around longer in the hotel, so L78 per night is not that bad.

It is also true that the 7:30PM-ending happy hour is somewhat disappointing in many ways.

Last edited by ylord789; May 4, 2016 at 5:46 am
Old May 4, 2016, 2:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ylord789
How much is the club access for an AMB(not yet an RA) per night in O2-IC?

I think another netter made a good point. It also depends on what I want to do in London. If I were very busy out of the hotel and couldn't make it back before 7:30PM, then it would be hard to justify L78 per night club access. For me, I am pretty relaxed and I can stick around longer in the hotel, so L78 per night is not that bad.

It is also true that the 7:30PM-ending happy hour is somewhat disappointing in many ways.
I think someone has mentioned circa £75 a night in the IC O2 thread, I have no personal experience of a fee as have always had lounge access offered as a RA, which amongst other things makes it a much better overall proposition than the IC PL if you can make the location work for you (which will be an issue for some).

I really want the IC O2 to do well rather than go the way of the IC Westminster. As property that looks after their guests as well as the IC O2 deserves to reap the benefits of going above and beyond in the way they do.
Old May 15, 2016, 12:57 pm

Programs: CHASE UNITED CLUB; CITI PRESTIGE; IHG SPIRE AMBASSADOR; RITZ-CARLTON GOLD; Global Entry
Do other IC lounges have better food and meat in the evenings? Even I consider this Park Lane Lounge to be worthy, I really hope they have some fulfilling food (Meat) in happy hours.
Old May 15, 2016, 1:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Do other IC lounges have better food and meat in the evenings? Even I consider this Park Lane Lounge to be worthy, I really hope they have some fulfilling food (Meat) in happy hours.
IME most, but not all IC lounges have better food in the evening than this one.
Old May 15, 2016, 3:30 pm

Programs: UA-1K, MM, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Titanium
Not sure if this is the correct place to ask, I tried searching and couldn't get an answer.

I am a Spire Elite. Does the PL ever upgrade Spire Elites to Club level? I have gotten so use to having lounge access I always try to book a hotel where I can get that.
Old May 15, 2016, 3:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by cruisr
Not sure if this is the correct place to ask, I tried searching and couldn't get an answer.

I am a Spire Elite. Does the PL ever upgrade Spire Elites to Club level? I have gotten so use to having lounge access I always try to book a hotel where I can get that.
No never, there is zero chance of lounge access here as a RA without paying the supplement.
Old May 15, 2016, 3:47 pm

Programs: UA-1K, MM, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Titanium
No never, there is zero chance of lounge access here as a RA without paying the supplement.
Wow, so even as a RA you don't get a comp upgrade to club level. That's interesting. I guess I'll go to the CP City as, as a Spire, they upgraded me to a suite with lounge access and I was on a 3 night reward stay.
Old May 15, 2016, 4:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Well I wouldn't say zero chance as I schmoozed it once or twice as RA. But as Spire, no that would even more rare.
Old May 15, 2016, 4:43 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by stimpy
Well I wouldn't say zero chance as I schmoozed it once or twice as RA. But as Spire, no that would even more rare.
As the saying goes, never say never
Old May 16, 2016, 6:06 am

Programs: 100m swimming certificate level 5
Originally Posted by stimpy
same but its literally blood out of a stone
Old May 26, 2016, 4:23 am

I got my BOGO certificate.

Any idea which Intercontinental properties are the best to use this BOGO and get great experience in their Lounges. I am not royal, I guess I won't get in Lounges for free.
Old Jun 8, 2016, 1:35 am

You can use your BOGO in any IC property AND access their Club Lounges ....

You just have to book and pay for the first night in Club, and your second night will also be in Club.

The general rule is: If you want Club - Book and pay for Club.

( unless you are RA )
Old Jun 8, 2016, 4:39 am

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
I got my BOGO certificate.

Any idea which Intercontinental properties are the best to use this BOGO and get great experience in their Lounges. I am not royal, I guess I won't get in Lounges for free.
Warning .... Just make sure your bogo night includes Club Lounge Access

As if you upsell to purchase Lounge on arrival, then hotel correctly can and will charge Lounge upsell for both of your bogo nights

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.