Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Holiday Inn Manhattan 6th Avenue 179$/night

Search this Thread

Old Jul 3, 2008, 12:42 am
Original Poster

Holiday Inn Manhattan 6th Avenue 179$/night

Stay at a brand-new Manhattan hotel for just $179 per night. The Holiday Inn Manhattan 6th Avenue just opened its doors on June 30, and now the hotel is offering this grand-opening special for King Room stays 7 days a week through Sept. 7. Upgrade to a room with 2 double beds for just $30 more per night. This special saves you 40% OFF regular rates.

The Holiday Inn Manhattan 6th Avenue has a great Midtown location, within walking distance of the Empire State Building, Herald Square, Macy's, Madison Square Garden and Times Square. The hotel features Holiday Inn's new modernized amenities including a fitness center, a restaurant and FREE wireless Internet.

http://hotels.travelzoo.com/new-york-hotels/430387

I suspect that you won't earn points with this rate, though.
Old Jul 3, 2008, 5:24 am

Programs: AA 2.7MM LTP, UA Gold, Marriott LTT, Nat'l Emerald Exec)
good rate!
Old Jul 25, 2008, 5:57 pm

Programs: Currently without any status :(
i just nearly fainted as i found it also has only 15k for awards and is like 2 miles from my conference where i need to stay!

I thought there was something wrong with the hotel but it seems it only is new, right?
Old Jul 26, 2008, 2:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by nixande
i just nearly fainted as i found it also has only 15k for awards and is like 2 miles from my conference where i need to stay!

I thought there was something wrong with the hotel but it seems it only is new, right?
Just stayed there last week on a 15K stay. My (standard) room was small (even for NY) albeit modern and comfortable but otherwise nothing wrong with it. Common space is also at a premium: there is a bar/restaurant room downstairs but it did not feel overly inviting to me and there are in any event enough places to go for a drink or a meal elsewhere in NYC.
Old Jul 26, 2008, 5:17 am

I am in town for party and meeting people - as long as it has a bed, a shower and a hair dryer I am fine!
Old Jul 26, 2008, 6:41 am

Programs: AA EXP/4MM UA 1MM, HY Global, Bon Lft Plat, HH Dia
On a recent stay.....Tiny standard rooms, small, almost non functional bathroom, sloppy housekeeping, 2 slow elevators for 25 floors and disinterested staff.

Maybe still a deal at $179/nt or 15K points as it is centrally located and convenient to subways and Penn Station. Not to familiar with HI, certainly one of the smallest rooms of any major chain hotel.
Old Jul 26, 2008, 7:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Come to think of it, dlflyer2 is right: lifts were an issue. bathroom was OK for me, albeit undoubtedly on the small side.
On the positive side, there is free wired broadband and wifi in the rooms.

Overall, definitely not somewhere where you would want to hang on for hours on end but fine as a reasonably comfortable crashpad in the heart of Manhattan.
Old Jul 26, 2008, 7:34 am
szg
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH(OS) HON, IC RA
I will stay there in about 3 weeks for two nights at an 15k award night.
Old Jul 26, 2008, 4:38 pm

Originally Posted by NickB
there is free wired broadband and wifi in the rooms.
you just made my day. heck, my month.
Old Aug 6, 2008, 9:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
I am currently staying at this hotel

I am afraid that the previous comments are fully accurate
the rooms are VERY small!!!
the closet is so small that you cannot hang your clothes
no safe, no in room minibar
there is no bathtub but only a shower
you cannot open the door of the bathroom and use at the same time the - tiny - sink
the isolation is very poor (you can perfectly hear any conversation in the corridor or room door closing from your door)
The lift is REALLY an issue: you have to wait wait and wait to go ou or down
Reception is so small (without any Elite PC line) that you may wait quite a long time for check in or check out
the air conditioning is very noisy

I am very surprised that this hotel got the new Holiday Inn label
By the size of the rooms and the amenities, it is definitely more a Holiday Inn Express (except that breakfast in not free...)

Location is very good to visit art galleries at West Chelsea or around Bowery street
Large flat TV screen with cable networks (but not any European TV)
Free wireless internet in the room

I have got this hotel for 15,000 points, so it is OK. But I would not stay in this property again
Old Oct 18, 2008, 5:09 pm

Programs: QF Plat./OW Emerald + Life Gold, IC Plat. Royal Ambassador, etc.
Originally Posted by nicolas75
I am currently staying at this hotel

I am afraid that the previous comments are fully accurate
the rooms are VERY small!!!
the closet is so small that you cannot hang your clothes
no safe, no in room minibar
there is no bathtub but only a shower
you cannot open the door of the bathroom and use at the same time the - tiny - sink
the isolation is very poor (you can perfectly hear any conversation in the corridor or room door closing from your door)
The lift is REALLY an issue: you have to wait wait and wait to go ou or down
Reception is so small (without any Elite PC line) that you may wait quite a long time for check in or check out
the air conditioning is very noisy

I am very surprised that this hotel got the new Holiday Inn label
By the size of the rooms and the amenities, it is definitely more a Holiday Inn Express (except that breakfast in not free...)

Location is very good to visit art galleries at West Chelsea or around Bowery street
Large flat TV screen with cable networks (but not any European TV)
Free wireless internet in the room

I have got this hotel for 15,000 points, so it is OK. But I would not stay in this property again
[Now posting in the right place ! ...]Heem, the place sounds bad. Was also gonna be staying there on points but think I will go elsewhere - I take baths and have an issue with noisy rooms, so from all reports this place is not the one for me.

Will just have to pay a few more points at one of the other properties instead I think !
Old Oct 19, 2008, 9:26 am

Programs: IB plus Platinum, JK Gold, BAEC Silver, LH Senator, PC Platinum Ambassador
I was at the property 2 weeks ago...

Very busy at check-in, took 30 min to check-in me, they gave me a wrong room, as I asked for non smoking and they gave me a smoke room smelling a lot!!! Just a place to sleep, nice bed, good LCD screen and free wireless, small bathroom and very small sink, ridiculous closet and elevator took ages to arrive, but good value for points in Manhattan...
Old Jan 20, 2009, 5:52 pm

Programs: BMI/SQ/AFKL/PC RAmbo®/Oyster/B&Q
No longer 15k a night it seems.Thought that sounded a bit too good to last.May try the buy 2 nights -get 1 free 'pizza special rate'(every night apparently) at the HIX on 5th.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.