Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Dreaming of Bora Bora! but require a little guidance/reassurance

Search this Thread

Old Jan 20, 2009, 12:28 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold (OW Emerald) & Jet Airways - Thank goodness i never got started.......most awful FF program
Dreaming of Bora Bora! but require a little guidance/reassurance

hello everyone,

Im new to the priority Club and ICHG but i need some advice for a trip im planning.

I have been dreaming of taking my wife to Tahiti (I remember seeing an advert on CNN a few years ago and fell in love with the place!) and have dreamt up the following itinerary, i just need some reassurances that this will work as it is a small fortune to have a holiday in Tahiti.

1) Sign up to Ambassador for me and the wife for $300 altogether.

2) Book the IC moorea for three nights (Sat,Sun and Mon) in my wife's name and credit card. Use her weekend certificate to get one weekend night free.

3) Book a bungalow premium room so that i get upgraded to a Overwater room (next one up). The room will be booked as the "Advance purchase w/breakfast"

4) Book six nights (Tue,Wed,Thur,Fri,Sat,Sun) in my name and use my weekend certificate at the IC thalasso spa on Bora Bora for a "Emerald" (lowest of the three available cats) overwater Villa and should get upgraded to "sapphire" (middle category). The rate will be again "Advance purchase w/breakfast".

5) Enjoy the vacation and getting nearly 100000 XPF discount (approx £900) alongside upgraded rooms, late check out.

This is my plan but i just want reassurances from regulars that the above plan is possible before i go ahead and actually try to book it. I have several other hurdles to cross as well as my wife requires a French visa which states that it is valid for French polynesia and Japanese or American or Australian Visa to transit.

Does anyone see any potential pitfalls in the above plan and if you do, could please kindly point them out and possible methods to overcome them.

thanks

d3vski!
Old Jan 20, 2009, 4:51 pm

Programs: AF: Plat BD: Gold ICH: Plat Royal Ambassador
Let me day first of all, I'm jealous!

We were a tad disappointed with IC Moorea, it's a big spread out resort type hotel with so-so service and not great food. Lovely gardens, well appointed bungalow, good facilities. We stayed in a beach bungalow, having got an AMB upgrade from a garden bunglow. The OWBs aren't that much more impressive and not worth the splurge IMHO.

We liked the IC Moana Bora Bora, smaller more personalised hotel, super OWBs. Also much more of a tropical lagoon feel to it. The Thalasso wasn't open yet when we travelled, so I can't opine on it.

Do you have any PC points? A reward redemption is very good value here if you can get it.

I suggest you look on the Tahiti Explorer website, it's a fantastic resource for all the FP islands and definitely get the Jan Prince book on Tahiti. She is an American who has lived there for decades and it's very detailed and fair guide.
Old Jan 20, 2009, 11:24 pm

Programs: SPG Gold; PC RA Plat; UA 1P
Why not just sign 1 of you up for Ambassador for $150, put both reservations under the same account, swap the 5k point voucher for another BOGO on CC? Saves you add'l $150.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.