Community
Wiki Posts
Search

5000 Priority Club Points $121 ai - Crowne Plaza Lake Oswego, OR

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27, 2009, 10:02 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Route Inn Super Mega Ultra Plataimond, Fee-Paying Customer of JL, NH, LH, OneWorld Boarding Group 5
5000 Priority Club Points $121 ai - Crowne Plaza Lake Oswego, OR

Anyone staying in the Portland, OR area should note the Crowne Plaza in Lake Oswego is offering 5000 bonus point rates for $120.99 (ai). I have taken advantage of this offer in the past when staying in Portland and it makes a nice top-up for a stay tied in with other ICHG promos such as the "stay at X brands get X points" series. In my experience, this is also an unusually low rate for this amount of bonus points. The CP offers this rate often in low season and any Ambassador or Priority Club members staying in the Portland area should check to see if the 5K rate is offered. Even with tax included this rate is a far better deal, point-wise, than many of the ICHG properties in and around Portland provide, especially when HI/HIX in the area regularly charge over $100/night.

This CP is probably one of the lowest-priced CPs on average in the US. It's not a world-beating hotel, but it's comfortable enough. You do need to have a car to get there, however.

Originally posted in Hotel Deals and moved over to the IC Forum.

Last edited by keihin_242; Jan 27, 2009 at 10:22 pm Reason: Amplification
Old Jan 27, 2009, 10:32 pm

Programs: AS MVPG 100k
Originally Posted by keihin_242
This CP is probably one of the lowest-priced CPs on average in the US. It's not a world-beating hotel, but it's comfortable enough. You do need to have a car to get there, however.
I agree that this is a great deal for a point slut like me, and I have taken advantage of low rates on the 5k bonus offer several times in the past.

However, it's only fair to point out to others less pointslutish that I feel that this is a very tired hotel in desparate need of refurb, and for a similar rate I can think of very many of HIs that I would rather stay in. Besides the rate/points, its only redeeming feature is having Stanfords across the parking lot....
Old Jan 27, 2009, 10:40 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Route Inn Super Mega Ultra Plataimond, Fee-Paying Customer of JL, NH, LH, OneWorld Boarding Group 5
Originally Posted by dgwright99
I agree that this is a great deal for a point slut like me, and I have taken advantage of low rates on the 5k bonus offer several times in the past.

However, it's only fair to point out to others less pointslutish that I feel that this is a very tired hotel in desparate need of refurb, and for a similar rate I can think of very many of HIs that I would rather stay in. Besides the rate/points, its only redeeming feature is having Stanfords across the parking lot....
+1 on Stanfords; there are also several other restaurants within walking distance.

The hotel was undergoing renovations last time I stayed there many months ago. Will be staying this weekend and will update this post if the rooms have improved.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.