Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IC Mauritius Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jul 14, 2009, 6:58 pm

RA treatment? Has any RA's stayed here on award points and still received all RA benefits? thanks.
Old Jul 15, 2009, 1:29 am

Just booked 13 days in Sep @5k pints per day. Is breakfast included or am I expected to pay?
Old Jul 15, 2009, 4:48 am

i am also there in september for 5 nights.
i used my points to. you have to pay for breakfast.
i have already contacted the hotel and paying a supplement for the all inclusive package and upgrade to the terace suite.
Old Jul 15, 2009, 1:53 pm

Originally Posted by clint79
i have already contacted the hotel and paying a supplement for the all inclusive package and upgrade to the terace suite.
how much were you quoted for the all inclusive package?
thank you

maclover
Old Jul 15, 2009, 9:12 pm

IC Mautitius

I am looking for some feedback on this property, also how to get there from the airport. If there is already another thread about this, please point me there. Have two weeks booked there in October.
P.S. Header should read Mauritius, but unable to correct.
Old Jul 15, 2009, 9:51 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt DIA, IC RA
Will it be warm there in early to mid october or is it a mistake to go during that time? 5k per night is excellent!
Old Jul 16, 2009, 10:39 am

look under tripadvisor.
mauritius tread on same first page
Old Jul 16, 2009, 12:16 pm

Brand new property! I'm actually on my 5th night there right now. I'm booked in the Presidential Suite. Room is stunning and very modern; however service etiquette in public areas and certain in-room features are missing or need to be re-done/fixed.

The beach is rather large, the water is clear, but cold since it is winter time here in Mauritius. The beach cabanas are spread out far from each other wel so you do get a feeling of privacy, mostly peace & quiet.

The main (buffet) restaurant is not necessarily special in the morning, but it's charming and romantic in the evening with a live band playing slow/jazz music. Each night is a different theme for dinner. Today we had African cuisine. Tommorow is Meditarranean. Saturday is Mauritian theme. There are three other restaurants:

-Segala (Seafood) going there tommorow night
-Veda (Indian)
-Noble House (Asian/Fusion)

Last night, the manager held a reception and I spoke to two top people in charge of the property. They both value feedback and one is a FlyerTalk lurker who actively seeks out information and comments. Tripadvisor doesn't have too many reviews of this property, but they're running a contest for guests to review the property, so maybe you'll see more, who knows!?

I'll be posting a review+pictures on Tripadvisor.com and my personal website when I come back to Chicago, which will occur towards the end of the month.

Other than that, Mauritius is a great place to visit. It reminds me of St. Kitts and there is a lot to do here. The people are generally friendly and the island is overall very, very safe!

Not to make this too long, but each alliance has a carrier of it's own flying into Mauritius (MRU):

Star- South African Airways from JNB
OneWorld- British Airways from LHR
SkyTeam- AirFrance from CDG & Kenya Airways from NBO.

Hope this helps, and please don't hesitate to PM for more information.

-Kinglobjaw
Old Jul 16, 2009, 12:22 pm

I just realized, this is the master thread for IC Mauritius, but I made a reply post to an OP starting a new thread. It's a basic review for the property where I'm currently staying at. I'll update when I get back:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/12076767-post3.html

-Kinglobjaw
Old Jul 24, 2009, 3:29 am

Programs: LH (SEN), IHG (Plat Amb)
I have picked up a couple of PB nights as well, and would like to know how much it costs to book breakfast.

Clint79, a short update from your side would be much appreciated!
Old Jul 24, 2009, 8:17 am

Programs: Priority Club Platinum Ambassador, Tesco Club Points, Avios
breakfast is euro 15 per person - however if you look at their official website it does say under "Dining" "Breakfast Complimentary" which is actually a mistake - print this off and take it with you. they will have no option but to honour it
Old Jul 24, 2009, 8:21 am

Originally Posted by EXLEFTSEAT
I am looking for some feedback on this property, also how to get there from the airport. If there is already another thread about this, please point me there. Have two weeks booked there in October.
P.S. Header should read Mauritius, but unable to correct.
it is a long way from the airport - 1hr and about Usd 60 one way - taxis are horrific. suggest you hire a car and drive yourself to and from the airport if possible (and also around Mauritius). dont even think about buses as the hotel is just too isolated for public transport - in the middle of nowhere
Old Aug 17, 2009, 11:59 pm

Originally Posted by Mr Jones
breakfast is euro 15 per person - however if you look at their official website it does say under "Dining" "Breakfast Complimentary" which is actually a mistake - print this off and take it with you. they will have no option but to honour it
Hi, I thought I had seen where it said complimentary, but can't find it any more. Do you mind sharing the link? Thanks.
Old Aug 18, 2009, 3:58 am

Programs: SPG Platinum, IC Platinum RA, Emirates Gold, BA Silver
Originally Posted by clint79

Originally Posted by maclover
how much were you quoted for the all inclusive package?
thank you

maclover
Hi clint79, I too would be interested to know what the supplement is for the all inclusive package and upgrade to the terrace suite please.

Also, this Taxi company seems very competitive for airport transfers.

Thanks, LC.
Old Aug 18, 2009, 2:53 pm

Originally Posted by I Fly Delta Jets
Hi, I thought I had seen where it said complimentary, but can't find it any more. Do you mind sharing the link? Thanks.

link below

http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/hi/...es/MRUMA&ias=y

good luck!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.