Wiki Posts
Search

IC Mauritius Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jul 6, 2009, 7:28 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt DIA, IC RA
Originally Posted by Mr Jones
we did not use the minibar at euro 5 for a beer and not much less for juice. there was no chocolate or biscuits in there. we received 3 bottles of water every day. we went to the supermarket 10 km away and bought in beer/wine/juices for a fraction of the price. we hired a car for 3 days and it cost us around euro120 - there is an avis desk at the hotel so saves you getting a taxi to grand bay just to pick one up. breakfast within the hotel was euro 15 pp, lunch euro25, dinner euro35 so after a few meals it really starts to add up. no cheap options unless you drive out
Thanks for the report. What type room did you book and get? Paid or on points.

I don't find euro 15 or 35 for dinner expensive at all, but everyone has different price points. I would peg a 35 euro pp dinner as very cheap, How upscale are the restaurants, I assume the 35 was for the cheapest one. Was everything oepn? Thanks.
Old Jul 7, 2009, 1:12 am

Programs: Priority Club Platinum Ambassador, Tesco Club Points, Avios
We took a deluxe ocean view which i suppose was their cheapest but far better than any holiday inn i have stayed in before. all rooms faced the ocean. stayed 11 nights on 30K points. if you stay on points be sure to take a printout of the website notice "complimentary brekfast" as they tried to bill me for this but soon got it waived. all 5 restaurants were open. the chinese and the indian restaurants were excellent - quality in the seafood restaurant not so great. excellent buffet for breakfast/lunch/dinner in the main restaurant. nice touch when the chef came out to ask if you enjoyed his food. i would say euro 35 for the buffet was the cheapest and best value but really the others were not that much more. what i found frustrating was the euro20 for a basic burger at lunch which was simply not value for money. i suppose i expected faar east prices where i normally holiday and simply paid european prices
Old Jul 7, 2009, 8:47 am

Programs: ba miles
Is there a Club Lounge?

thanks
Old Jul 7, 2009, 1:58 pm

I did not see one and almost certain I would have found it if it had been there.
Old Jul 7, 2009, 6:08 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt DIA, IC RA
Originally Posted by Mr Jones
We took a deluxe ocean view which i suppose was their cheapest but far better than any holiday inn i have stayed in before. all rooms faced the ocean. stayed 11 nights on 30K points. if you stay on points be sure to take a printout of the website notice "complimentary brekfast" as they tried to bill me for this but soon got it waived. all 5 restaurants were open. the chinese and the indian restaurants were excellent - quality in the seafood restaurant not so great. excellent buffet for breakfast/lunch/dinner in the main restaurant. nice touch when the chef came out to ask if you enjoyed his food. i would say euro 35 for the buffet was the cheapest and best value but really the others were not that much more. what i found frustrating was the euro20 for a basic burger at lunch which was simply not value for money. i suppose i expected faar east prices where i normally holiday and simply paid european prices
This informaiton is great. Would you say the room and hotel were IC quality or just more upscale Holiday Inn. I generally do not stay at holiday inns and am looking for true luxury on this trip. Rates are very low Euro 140 advance purcahse for the same room you got, but if the place is just an upscale holiday inn, I will seriously consider the Four Seasons, which is over Euro 400 per night. Thanks for your thoughts and feedback. Right now, you seem to be the onlyh FT who has actually stayed at this hotel.
Old Jul 8, 2009, 9:36 am

I have never stayed in a Holiday Inn with so much quality (and I stay at Holiday Inns regularly) so I guess you would say IC quality for sure - I would certainly rate it at 5 star. To be fair though I do not tend to stay in the Intercontinental Brand more Crowne Plazas and Holiday Inns. I do have some pictures which I can forward at the weekend if anyone wants to message me with email addresses (if that helps). Although I was absolutely delighted with the room and hotel I presume there would be better 5 star hotels in the vicinity - as it is a new hotel there are always going to be teething problems
Old Jul 9, 2009, 6:47 am

intercontinental mauritius

has anybody stayed at the intercon mauritius. i am interested in staying there in september. i would like to know if the do a All Inclusive package supplement. most hotels in mauritius do. i did email the hotel but its been a week.
any revies regarding the above hotel??
Old Jul 9, 2009, 7:04 am

Well, you could do worse than looking about 10 posts down form yours....

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/inter...ad-merged.html
Old Jul 9, 2009, 7:06 am
Moderator: InterContinental Hotels and Germany

Originally Posted by jimthehorsegod
Well, you could do worse than looking about 10 posts down form yours....
And that's the reason why I have merged the post into the master thread.

FLYGVA
Co-Moderator IHG Forum
Old Jul 9, 2009, 7:37 am

thanks for passing me on to this thread
i am going there in sep for 5 nights. hope the weather will be warmish.
i would like to stay at this hotel if they did All inclusive. got a really cheap rate for sep 101pound a night.
on the website it says extra 20euros for second adult. bit odd cause if you book it say on expedia its the same rate for 2. so saving of 20euros booking it on expedia.
Old Jul 9, 2009, 8:52 am

whilst i was staying in the hotel on points there were some people on an all inclusive deal and also some on full/half board booked through a travel agent
Old Jul 9, 2009, 9:03 am

i just phoned them direct. yes the do All inclusive and half board.
but they just make the prices up as they go along. told me thay can do me a room for 160, or all inclusive for 360.
i told them can get room only for 102pound a night.
so he said oh, and he will email some rates.
i got a good deal from my travelagent at the Shandrani mauritius all in, including imported drinks and champagne, water skiing etc.
its a beachcomber hotel and it looks nice.
so i will see what the intercon comes out with, otherwise will book the Shandrani.
Old Jul 14, 2009, 8:04 am

Programs: AA-UA-AS IHG-SPG-Carlson
Now available through Oct for 5K points.
Old Jul 14, 2009, 10:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA1k, Oneworld Sapphire, Hyatt Globalist, IHG DiamondAmb, Hilton Diamond, Marriott LTP,
Originally Posted by MrHalliday
Now available through Oct for 5K points.
Whats the weather like in Mauritius in July-August?
Old Jul 14, 2009, 11:20 am

Programs: AA-UA-AS IHG-SPG-Carlson
Originally Posted by navatwal
Whats the weather like in Mauritius in July-August?
Mauritius enjoys a perenially sunny climate, in general.
Midwinter occurs in June and July with midday temperatures of 25 degrees Celcius on the coast and 19 degrees Celcius on the plateau.
Midsummer occurs in January and February with midday temperatures around 25 degrees Celcius on the plateau and 31 degrees Celcius on the coast.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.