Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 8, 2015, 10:34 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: PTahCha
Hotel concierge does not respond to emails ([email protected]) - pick up the phone and call instead.

Lounge

120 EUR per room for Ambassadors
150 EUR per room for everyone else
Should be free for all RA's now, for sure if you are a regular guest
Must book club room for free access. Lounge access not part of the regular rate for suites.
Lounge access is included for free with all room categories when you book via a Virtuoso travel agent (see the Luxury Hotels forum if you need one)

Mini-bar
Mini-bar drinks complimentary to RA on both paid and award stays

Update Nov 12 Mini-bar is not complimentary on RA award stays unless you are a regular customer

Print Wikipost

IC Le Grand Paris Master Thread [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 12, 2019, 7:00 am

It appears the hotel has raised the price for club lounge access by 10 Euros.
So the new price is 120 Euros for Ambassadors and 150 Euros for others. (per room per night)
I updated the wiki accordingly.
Old Jun 27, 2019, 9:54 am

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold
Are any of the renovations happening in the public spaces, or is it only in guest rooms? I'm checking in here on Sunday and hope that the first impression is not one of an under construction hotel.
Old Jun 27, 2019, 2:12 pm

Programs: UA Platinum; IHG Diamond Ambassador
That is definitely the impression you’ll get as you drive up (was there last week), however no sign of construction or projects after you walk in. I was there 4 nights and didn’t experience any noise either.
Old Jun 29, 2019, 2:35 pm

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, CC Gold, Marriott Gold, HH Gold, DL PM
The construction was really bad the last couple of days. They were jackhammering the street in front of the hotel and you couldn’t hear anything else outside. I even heard it in our 4th floor room. The doormen and luggage porters were all wearing ear pieces.

I had award reservations, but had asked to add the Club Lounge for my two nights. The Lounge was closed on the 27th as it was being moved. It reopened on the 28th and I was able to add it for the one night. The new lounge is one floor and is located on the first floor. It looks like two event spaces that have been put together.

As they could not give us an upgrade, they did give us breakfast at the Cafe. The room was very small - there wasn’t room for a nightstand next to one side of the bed (contrary to the pictures of classic rooms on the website). Also, our room had not been renovated yet as there was wallpaper peeling in the bathroom and in the room. Paint in the bathroom was chipped. Housekeeping seemed to forget about cleaning our room as I received a phone call asking if I wanted the room serviced. What saved the stay for us was the Club Lounge and the staff there.

For our amenity, we received a bottle of water, a small bottle of peach nectar, a small bottle os apple juice and a box of cherries. My parents received the same, but with apricots as well. My sister just received the cherries and water.

They did honor our 4:00 pm late checkout.

Would I stay there again? Only if I could guarantee that we would not be in one of the classic rooms - they are too small.

Last edited by KathinJax; Jul 1, 2019 at 8:23 pm Reason: Added checkout time benefit.
Old Jun 30, 2019, 4:29 am

Programs: QF Plat, IHG RA, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by KathinJax

I had award reservations, but had asked to add the Club Lounge for my two nights. The Lounge was closed on the 27th as it was being moved. It reopened on the 28th and I was able to add it for the one night. The new lounge is one floor and is located on the first floor. It looks like two event spaces that have been put together.
How was the new (temporary) lounge?
Old Jul 1, 2019, 8:13 pm

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, CC Gold, Marriott Gold, HH Gold, DL PM
Originally Posted by DonPedro

How was the new (temporary) lounge?
Actually, I was somewhat disappointed. The food offerings were much less that what I was expecting. There wasn’t a huge variety of offerings and each offering had a small number of items available (coffee cream puffs had 4 total cream puffs on the tray). You then had to wait for them to restock. It seemed like they weren’t close to the kitchen, so the restocking would take a while. But, the area set aside for food was not very big. According to pictures that I have found online of the previous lounge, it looks like they have reduced the food offerings as well as the size of the food area.

The drinks were the same situation. Wine and Champagne and water had big bottles for you to pour. The rest of the drinks (Cokes, Diet Coke, fruit juices, beer) were placed into crushed ice in a bowl. When the one Coke Zero was taken, you would have to ask the staff to get another one.

There were about 15 tables that seated 2 people per table plus a sofa seating area.

Now, this was the first two days that they were operating and they said that they had kinks to work out, I also do not think that they had many guests using the lounge as it wasn’t very crowded, so maybe the food offerings will increase in the future.

The staff in the lounge was excellent.

Was it worth €120/€150 supplement per night? Not in my opinion. I think that is overpriced for what you are currently receiving. I don’t know if this is temporary, or their new permanent lounge. I asked and the staff confirmed that the old lounge was being made into suites.

Last edited by KathinJax; Jul 1, 2019 at 8:18 pm
Old Jul 3, 2019, 3:53 am

Programs: BAGold; AA3MMPlat; UA1MMGold; FBGold; MarriottAmb; AccorPlat; HHGold; ICPlatAmb; HyattDiscoverist
I am saddened that the move has occurred, as I had been hoping for yet another delay that would allow me one more visit to the old space, which I loved. Much as I like (and am grateful to) the very fine Club staff, what you describe does not make me want to return...
While I do stay in other hotels there, Le Grand has been my preferred home in Paris for a number of years, thanks largely to the Club. Time to seek new horizons, I suppose.
Old Jul 3, 2019, 5:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by rfrost
I am saddened that the move has occurred, as I had been hoping for yet another delay that would allow me one more visit to the old space, which I loved. Much as I like (and am grateful to) the very fine Club staff, what you describe does not make me want to return...
While I do stay in other hotels there, Le Grand has been my preferred home in Paris for a number of years, thanks largely to the Club. Time to seek new horizons, I suppose.
I have been staying at the other Parisien IC on Avenue Marceau lately. It is a lesser hotel and has no club, but it's in a much better neighborhood. I will go back to Le Grand when the works are fully completed.
Old Jul 3, 2019, 4:07 pm

Programs: BAGold; AA3MMPlat; UA1MMGold; FBGold; MarriottAmb; AccorPlat; HHGold; ICPlatAmb; HyattDiscoverist
Originally Posted by stimpy
I have been staying at the other Parisien IC on Avenue Marceau lately. It is a lesser hotel and has no club, but it's in a much better neighborhood. I will go back to Le Grand when the works are fully completed.
I generally spend a lot of time at the Opera (Garnier) when I'm in Paris, so while I would not otherwise love the neighborhood, it's very convenient for me. I really appreciated it the time I mistakenly brought the ticket for the following evening to the theater, and managed to run back to my room and return with the right one just before the curtain rose.
Old Jul 4, 2019, 1:55 am

Programs: QF Plat, IHG RA, Marriott Plat
The lounge is apparently temporary but I’m not sure for how long - the refurbed lounge will seat more than the old, and is to be on level 1.

On the outside of the hotel and on Rue Scribe in general the construction has been very obvious - although the Rue Scribe stuff isn’t due solely to the IC.

Once inside however, I haven’t once heard a peep from hotel construction work, day or night.
Old Jul 7, 2019, 6:06 pm

Programs: American Executive Platinum, One World Emerald, IC Royal Ambassador
Hello, all. This new club on the first floor is temporary...About 1 1/2 years I'm told. It is VERY different from the one on the 5th floor. That space is being converted into suites of some fancy kind. This temporary club is much smaller with zero intimacy. As noted, there are just two facing sofas and the rest of the room is like restaurant seating. No privacy. One nice thing about the club was that you could sit and chat in a convivial space. That feeling is gone. It is way too small and it is one big rectangular room. In my opinion, the food offerings and the quantity are exactly the same. I did not notice any difference. There now is only one computer instead of two. And that space is in the corner of the big room. There still is a closet where you can hang your things or leave a small bag. The windows face Blvd des Capucines and they do open so you can walk out to small balcony space, but I didnt' see anyone do that. There is one desk for the staff. Also, the powder rooms are down the hall and no longer part of the dedicated club. It is the "institutional" feel to the club with no intimate spaces for various parties that is the main difference. Someone has already mentioned the top notch staff and I concur.
KathinJax and DonPedro like this.
Old Jul 8, 2019, 12:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by Shopfranceinc
Hello, all. This new club on the first floor is temporary...About 1 1/2 years I'm told. It is VERY different from the one on the 5th floor. That space is being converted into suites of some fancy kind.
The old club will become the new Presidential Suite.
Old Jul 8, 2019, 12:45 pm

Originally Posted by Shopfranceinc
Hello, all. This new club on the first floor is temporary...About 1 1/2 years I'm told. It is VERY different from the one on the 5th floor. That space is being converted into suites of some fancy kind. This temporary club is much smaller with zero intimacy. As noted, there are just two facing sofas and the rest of the room is like restaurant seating. No privacy. One nice thing about the club was that you could sit and chat in a convivial space. That feeling is gone. It is way too small and it is one big rectangular room. In my opinion, the food offerings and the quantity are exactly the same. I did not notice any difference. There now is only one computer instead of two. And that space is in the corner of the big room. There still is a closet where you can hang your things or leave a small bag. The windows face Blvd des Capucines and they do open so you can walk out to small balcony space, but I didnt' see anyone do that. There is one desk for the staff. Also, the powder rooms are down the hall and no longer part of the dedicated club. It is the "institutional" feel to the club with no intimate spaces for various parties that is the main difference. Someone has already mentioned the top notch staff and I concur.
Thanks so much for this information. I have reluctantly concluded that I will have to give LeGrand a miss until the new “permanent” club opens.
Old Aug 1, 2019, 3:26 pm

Programs: Mucci, BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Stena Gold
Despite the renovations, I am going to try this hotel for the first time in a couple of months

What time does the Club lounge stop serving canapés and drinks of an evening?

Thank you
Old Aug 15, 2019, 8:08 am

What is the current situation of the renovations? Any recommendations for a first time at Le Grand?

I am staying on the 22nd of August, I booked with a free night and then yesterday I purchased Ambassador. Will I still get an upgrade, either before arrival or upon check in?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.