Old Jun 8, 2015, 10:34 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: PTahCha
Hotel concierge does not respond to emails ([email protected]) - pick up the phone and call instead.

Lounge

120 EUR per room for Ambassadors
150 EUR per room for everyone else
Should be free for all RA's now, for sure if you are a regular guest
Must book club room for free access. Lounge access not part of the regular rate for suites.
Lounge access is included for free with all room categories when you book via a Virtuoso travel agent (see the Luxury Hotels forum if you need one)

Mini-bar
Mini-bar drinks complimentary to RA on both paid and award stays

Update Nov 12 Mini-bar is not complimentary on RA award stays unless you are a regular customer

Print Wikipost

IC Le Grand Paris Master Thread [merged]

Old Apr 6, 2017, 1:54 pm

Programs: UA 1K, DL Gold, IHG Diamond AMB, MR Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, National EE
Good point. Maybe I'll reach out while the best suites are still available to see what they can do in terms of blocking a room for me. I booked the Opera House View Prestige Suite at 844 euro/night...maybe I didn't have to book that high up the chain. We'll see.
Old Apr 6, 2017, 8:26 pm

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by TravelTheWorld66
Good point. Maybe I'll reach out while the best suites are still available to see what they can do in terms of blocking a room for me. I booked the Opera House View Prestige Suite at 844 euro/night...maybe I didn't have to book that high up the chain. We'll see.
As discussed before regards Amb/RA t+c's the described benefit is "upgraded during checkin".
No requirement at all on an IC hotel to block rooms and be unable to sell them, especially if you booked say 300+ days ahead.

Maybe IC-PLG did not have Royal, Ambassador Suites added as htel specific exclusion is because before the recent Amb/RA t+c block rewrites, a general exclusion covered this saying something along lines ... Royal Suites and Presidential Suites are excluded from upgrades

Before one of the more recent rewrites, certainly a rewrite after the Sep2016 rewrite, the catchall exclusion stating regards upgrades "excluded for Royal and Presidential Suites" which previously appeared has been seemingly lost... I'd say unintentonally lost by the rewrite edits.
Pushing an IC pre-arrival for such a suite upgrade will draw attention to that loss and probably lead to hotel telling IHG to add the global exclusion back.

I just checked both the Intercontinental and IHG versions of ambassador t+c's, the original "Royal+Presidential exclusion" text is missing from both. Funnily there is a final bullet exclusion regards Residence properties (tI am hinking like Saigin IC residences) but Presidential not metioned so not replacing the misssed of exclusion
o All InterContinental Residence Suites properties: Ambassador and Royal Ambassador room upgrades are not applicable. All other benefits apply.

IC-PLG has I think 3 Royal Suites, 3 Ambassador suites, with +2cat upgrade now for RAs, even if not sold direct for paid bookings, if four RAs book 2cats below royal suite then not all four RAs can be upgraded to a royal suite

I'd be extremely wary of pushing IC-PLG pre-arrival to guarantee +2cat on RA upgrade to Royal, as then IC-PLG may forced to react by simply adding these great rooms to the t+c exclusion list nder each hotels name, which is not in our interest
Old Apr 6, 2017, 9:06 pm

Programs: UA 1K, DL Gold, IHG Diamond AMB, MR Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, National EE
Originally Posted by scubaccr
IC-PLG has I think 3 Royal Suites, 3 Ambassador suites, with +2cat upgrade now for RAs, even if not sold direct for paid bookings, if four RAs book 2cats below royal suite then not all four RAs can be upgraded to a royal suite

I'd be extremely wary of pushing IC-PLG pre-arrival to guarantee +2cat on RA upgrade to Royal, as then IC-PLG may forced to react by simply adding these great rooms to the t+c exclusion list nder each hotels name, which is not in our interest
I don't ever remember seeing this general exclusion of Presidential Suites that you speak of.

And I already asked the hotel about pre-upgrading my reservation. Given the rate I booked, and the RA status to boot, I don't think it's a lot to ask. What happens because of it is not my problem. If they say no, that it can't be guaranteed until check-in, I will monitor availability online. If I see those room types disappear I will cancel my 850 per night reservation and book the cheapest available and hope for a good upgrade. I could book a 350 per night reservation and get upgraded to the same 850 room I would get stuck paying for if there aren't better suites available. Doesn't sound like a gamble I'm willing to take, hence the email to the property.
Old Apr 6, 2017, 11:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
I know this hotel very well and in my case if I wanted the Royal Suite, I would simply ask them what room I needed to book to secure the Royal Suite. Or effectively how much do I have to pay.

So my advice to someone who is not well known by the hotel would be to have a pleasant discussion with the reservation manager and ask about general RA upgrades, and then move up from there to see what you'd have to pay to get the suite you want.

And again, it depends on availability or even projected availability. In July and August for instance, there exists a group of people who often book out the top suites at this and a few other of the better Euro IC's.
Old Apr 7, 2017, 6:54 pm

Originally Posted by TravelTheWorld66
I don't ever remember seeing this general exclusion of Presidential Suites that you speak of.

And I already asked the hotel about pre-upgrading my reservation. Given the rate I booked, and the RA status to boot, I don't think it's a lot to ask. What happens because of it is not my problem. If they say no, that it can't be guaranteed until check-in, I will monitor availability online. If I see those room types disappear I will cancel my €850 per night reservation and book the cheapest available and hope for a good upgrade. I could book a €350 per night reservation and get upgraded to the same €850 room I would get stuck paying for if there aren't better suites available. Doesn't sound like a gamble I'm willing to take, hence the email to the property.
I totally disagree, it is actually a lot to ask. You are contacting PLG with a demand, a demand which is not in AMB t+c's that PLG remove a euro 3000++ Royal Suite from sale and pre-arrival modify your eur 850++ room booking to said 3000++ Royal Suite

Stimpy has it dead right, if you really want a Royal Suite, the correct polite way is to contact PLG upfront, mention you are interested in staying, would really like to have a Royal Suite, and as an RA what room or rate should you book to stay in a Royal Suite.

Royal and Presidental Suite global exclusion definitely existed before IHG editted to remove some t+c text, replacing text with blocks for AMEA and RoW.
I am sure that loss was unintentional and attempting to force such upgrade is most likely to have IC's get exclusion added back, and individual hotel to cover themselves by adding individual hotel exclusion line.

IHG have already editted t+c due to unintended consequences of new text, eg add that on award nights RAs do not get Club access. It was obviously not specifically excluded in award night text as club was never a privilege. As soon as RAs started demanding Club worth 60-100euro on awards, t+c was corrected.
You are demanding unintended 2200euro benefit so guess what is going to happen.

PLG can sell these suites, certainly in summer weeks, French Open Tennis, and to wealthy Middle east guests looking for cooler climates (just like IC-Parklane, Dorchester in UK do each summer)

Under previous +1cat RA/amb upgrade you would be looking at
800++ Prestigue Opera suite -> 2300++ Ambassador Suite
2300++ Ambassdor Suite -> 3000++ Royal Suite (royal suite upgrade being excluded)
3000++ Royal Suite -> 3500++ Presidential suite (presidential suite upgrade being excluded)

That said, PLG is one of the most generous ICs I regularly use, so if a Royal or Pres suite was unsold at your checkin, they would probably offer that without any prompting.
If both Royal+Presidential (8x) Suites sold, then I am also sure PLG will have held back a 1cat upgrade to 2300++ Ambassador Suite and make a rate adjustment -1cat on your booked room.
Old Apr 9, 2017, 10:22 am

I totally disagree, it is actually a lot to ask. You are contacting PLG with a demand, a demand which is not in AMB t+c's that PLG remove a euro 3000++ Royal Suite from sale and pre-arrival modify your eur 850++ room booking to said 3000++ Royal Suite

Stimpy has it dead right, if you really want a Royal Suite, the correct polite way is to contact PLG upfront, mention you are interested in staying, would really like to have a Royal Suite, and as an RA what room or rate should you book to stay in a Royal Suite.
We'll have to agree to disagree. No demand was made, check your facts. And it doesn't make sense to ask a question I already know the answer to. I know exactly which room I need to book to stay in the Royal Suite, and I booked it. The 2 category upgrade is in black and white. If I want the Royal Suite I book the room 2 categories below it. It's as simple as that, no need to make an inquiry.
Old Apr 9, 2017, 2:11 pm

Programs: IHG
I'd email to enquire TBH. They may not even upgrade into the higher end suites, in spite of the T+C's on the Ambassador page. Or, they might move to just a single level upgrade once they reach these suites, like IC PL.
Old Apr 9, 2017, 10:33 pm

Originally Posted by turner32
I'd email to enquire TBH. They may not even upgrade into the higher end suites, in spite of the T+C's on the Ambassador page. Or, they might move to just a single level upgrade once they reach these suites, like IC PL.
That's pretty much what I asked them in my email, and their response was that nothing could be done in advance, which is fine and what I expected. But to be honest I don't see how they could say no if there's availability upon check-in. A 2-cat upgrade is guaranteed as an RA and their high end suites aren't on the exclusion list. So technically...
Old Jun 19, 2017, 4:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: AA Plat / UA NOTHING / Alaska 75K / Hyatt Diamond / SPG LT Plat / Marriott Gold / Priority Club Plat / Hertz Pres
well, i've done a lot of research here and elsewhere and can't seem to find definitive answers so maybe you guys will be able to settle a couple items for me.

i've got a 7 night reward (all points) reservation coming up in a couple of months. my status is platinum via cc.

there's no good reason to buy ambassador status for 32k before the stay, right? (initially i considered it but with no amb upgrade for point stays, it didn't appear to me to make sense) i'm all ears if someone thinks there may be a good reason to do so.

as a plat, i should still receive free internet even though i'm on reward, correct?

thanks all
Old Jun 20, 2017, 1:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Originally Posted by fireworksboy
well, i've done a lot of research here and elsewhere and can't seem to find definitive answers so maybe you guys will be able to settle a couple items for me.

i've got a 7 night reward (all points) reservation coming up in a couple of months. my status is platinum via cc.

there's no good reason to buy ambassador status for 32k before the stay, right? (initially i considered it but with no amb upgrade for point stays, it didn't appear to me to make sense) i'm all ears if someone thinks there may be a good reason to do so.

as a plat, i should still receive free internet even though i'm on reward, correct?

thanks all
Basic rooms at LeG are very small and if you can buy your way out of that for €200 it sounds a decent deal to me. They should upgrade you on a reward - you need to remember that this is an old hotel with a huge variety of room sizes and they need to upgrade people because most corporate bookers are only allowed the cheapest room.
Old Jun 20, 2017, 4:40 am

Programs: AA EXP, HH DIA, Hyatt DIA
Also, IIRC, there is a cheaper buy-up to access the club if you're ambassador vs not. Up to you if you think that access is worth it as the discount would only partially cover the membership fee.
Old Jun 20, 2017, 2:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: AA Plat / UA NOTHING / Alaska 75K / Hyatt Diamond / SPG LT Plat / Marriott Gold / Priority Club Plat / Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by Raffles
Basic rooms at LeG are very small and if you can buy your way out of that for 200 it sounds a decent deal to me. They should upgrade you on a reward - you need to remember that this is an old hotel with a huge variety of room sizes and they need to upgrade people because most corporate bookers are only allowed the cheapest room.

Thanks raffles. And I'd agree that it would be a total no brainer to take advantage of Amb status for the upgrade even if it was the slightest increase in room size but I thought that simple Amb weren't eligible for that upgrade at check in on reward stays.

I don't think the important person in our household wants to spend $$ on club access as she wants to spend more time out and about in Paris so that part isn't as important to us. But even a very small room upgrade would be huge to us so I guess I've got to make a decision fairly soon.
Old Jun 20, 2017, 9:10 pm

Thanks raffles. And I'd agree that it would be a total no brainer to take advantage of Amb status for the upgrade even if it was the slightest increase in room size but I thought that simple Amb weren't eligible for that upgrade at check in on reward stays.

I don't think the important person in our household wants to spend $$ on club access as she wants to spend more time out and about in Paris so that part isn't as important to us. But even a very small room upgrade would be huge to us so I guess I've got to make a decision fairly soon.
NO HURRY !, you can always purchase Ambassador membership at any IC hotel during checkin.
(IC-PLG tends to upgrade Ambassadors even on award nights anyway)

IC's have membership sales targets, so ask politely during checkin something along the lines "If I buy Ambassador now, what room upgrade might I get".

Asking during checkin means you know you will be getting upgrade else you don't buy on the checkin day, plus because hotel has sales targets, IC-PLG may provide you a nicer room that buying online before the stay, eg an external view rather an inner courtyard view.
Old Jun 20, 2017, 9:29 pm

Programs: IHG Ambassador, Air NZ lowly Jade now, Emirates
I have to say that I am not a fan of this hotel. I felt it was tired. We were given an upgrade to a suite and the back of door said it was about $850euro a night. Good grief no way would I have paid it. I found the decor super old fashioned, and the bedroom itself quite small and the bathroom antiquated. Then there is the rabbit warren of getting around. I am surprised that everyone seems to think the club is so fabulous, I thought it was one of the worst i have been to. But each to their own eh! Having said all that, I actually didnt like Paris either (filthy dirty city) so perhaps I am the problem
Old Jun 20, 2017, 10:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

NO HURRY !, you can always purchase Ambassador membership at any IC hotel during checkin.
(IC-PLG tends to upgrade Ambassadors even on award nights anyway)

IC's have membership sales targets, so ask politely during checkin something along the lines "If I buy Ambassador now, what room upgrade might I get".

Asking during checkin means you know you will be getting upgrade else you don't buy on the checkin day, plus because hotel has sales targets, IC-PLG may provide you a nicer room that buying online before the stay, eg an external view rather an inner courtyard view.

That sounds like a great strategy. Thanks. I'll post back here and let you know how it turns out. ^

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.