Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 8, 2015, 10:34 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: PTahCha
Hotel concierge does not respond to emails ([email protected]) - pick up the phone and call instead.

Lounge

120 EUR per room for Ambassadors
150 EUR per room for everyone else
Should be free for all RA's now, for sure if you are a regular guest
Must book club room for free access. Lounge access not part of the regular rate for suites.
Lounge access is included for free with all room categories when you book via a Virtuoso travel agent (see the Luxury Hotels forum if you need one)

Mini-bar
Mini-bar drinks complimentary to RA on both paid and award stays

Update Nov 12 Mini-bar is not complimentary on RA award stays unless you are a regular customer

Print Wikipost

IC Le Grand Paris Master Thread [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 5, 2016, 12:53 pm

Programs: all
Originally Posted by miadukes
I am looking at booking this hotel for my trip to paris in november. I currently booked my 2 nights at Hyatt Vendome ( i have a 5night stay) so want to do this one for the first 3 nights.

I want to use my 1 year anniversary night but I wont get that till 30 days before, will awards be available?? Anyone know if this books quick? I am looking at last week in november if this matters. I think the other two nights I will do on points.

I am just Platinum thanks to the card but was curious if I get ambassador would it matter at all since I am booking everything as award stays?? I guess theoretically I probably will not be in the room a whole lot and will most likely be traveling solo so a bottle of something or whatever amenity they hand out wil probably be useless to me. IS there any reason to get ambassador or should I just travel as is?

Any tips on my stay, would be 3 nights, hopefully 2 on points and on anniversary if I am lucky that it is available by then. Should I book 2 different stays, one 2 night on points and then my last one on points so I can then cancel and use the anniversary night if it is available or would that take a room from the "pool"?

Worst case scenario I can pay OOP for one night but would rather be cheap lol

if you have a friend who is Royal Ambassador have them book it and you stay..best bennies u can get. this hotel really takes care of RA
Old Jun 5, 2016, 3:28 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriot Gold
Originally Posted by pantanal
if you have a friend who is Royal Ambassador have them book it and you stay..best bennies u can get. this hotel really takes care of RA
I have no such friend! lol i wish!
Old Jun 9, 2016, 10:13 am
Suspended

Anybody have experience and reviews of the Eiffel Tower view rooms? We are staying in one this Bastille day and were wondering if it's good enough to watch the fireworks from the room.
Old Jun 10, 2016, 7:18 pm

Originally Posted by QtownDave
Anybody have experience and reviews of the Eiffel Tower view rooms? We are staying in one this Bastille day and were wondering if it's good enough to watch the fireworks from the room.
A lot of places in Paris can see the Eiffel tower but it's not necessarily the greatest view. If you really want a nice view, you have to find a hotel that is much closer.
From a room on the 5th floor at the IC Le Grand I'd say you can see the top 2 floors of the Eiffel tower only, and it's quite far. So, staying on the balcony is easy, but I'd probably try to walk to a closer place. The nice views at the Intercon are those overlooking the Opera.
Old Jun 11, 2016, 3:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by Romain_
From a room on the 5th floor at the IC Le Grand I'd say you can see the top 2 floors of the Eiffel tower only, and it's quite far. So, staying on the balcony is easy, but I'd probably try to walk to a closer place.
I had the same view from my home (living on 6th floor with view over Eiffel Tower and Invalides.

Still, during Bastille Day, I can only see a very short part of the fireworks show (most of it is below 2nd floor of Eiffel tower)
Old Jun 19, 2016, 10:41 am
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Aside from the completely botched early arrival, our stay at this property was quite nice. Hotel provided nice bottle of champagne and included breakfast as a means to make amends for this issue.

There was a problem with the showerhead (limited flow, only 20% of the sprayjets working), reported this in the morning, was fixed by mid afternoon.^

Nice sized room, facing same street as main entrance to hotel.

We ate breakfast and also dined for a dinner in hotel restaurant Cafe de la Paix http://www.cafedelapaix.fr/en/
Nice breakfast but at 40Euro I find that a steep price if I had to pay.

Dinner was quite good, star for us was the seafood tower Plateau “Café de la Paix”, really enjoyed the bulots (whelks). My pigeon was fine.

We'd likely stay again if in the area.
Old Jul 14, 2016, 3:33 pm

Programs: UA Platinum; IHG Diamond Ambassador
Excuse me, but does someone know the club hours offhand? I did a quick search & google search (I know it's been covered so apologies), but couldn't find my answer. Particularly interested in what time it opens in the mornings. Thank you
Old Jul 14, 2016, 3:54 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Club Carlson Gold, Choice Elite Platinum
I was there in February.

Club Breakfast: 7:30am - 11:00am
Finger-food, fruits and soft drinks: 12:30pm -2:30pm
Tea Time with pastries, fruits and soft drinks: 3:30pm - 5:30pm
Open bar, canapes and sweets: 6:30pm - 9:00 pm
Open bar: 9:00pm - 10:00pm
Old Jul 14, 2016, 4:05 pm

Programs: UA Platinum; IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by LivelyFL
I was there in February.

Club Breakfast: 7:30am - 11:00am
Finger-food, fruits and soft drinks: 12:30pm -2:30pm
Tea Time with pastries, fruits and soft drinks: 3:30pm - 5:30pm
Open bar, canapes and sweets: 6:30pm - 9:00 pm
Open bar: 9:00pm - 10:00pm
Thank you - super helpful^
Old Aug 20, 2016, 3:58 am
HAT

Programs: BA, IHG, Hyatt
Hey guys, I need a bit of your help here. Booked Club room and now I can see that the room type on my booking has been updated to 'Opera View Deluxe Room', which sounds like a downgrade for me as I understand the Club Room is Opera View already.

Could you please advise what upgrade you would normally get booking a Club Room, being a Spire Ambassador? It looks like the next category is a Junior Suite, however I have experience with some hotels having dedicated rooms for Amb/RA upgrades, which are not advertised on the website.

Thanks!
Old Aug 20, 2016, 6:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Le Grand is now playing games with club rooms.

Ignore the website promise of 35 sq m. From what I found recently (and a HFP reader had the same experience the following week) you get a random rubbish room, probably a tiny 22 sq m Classic.

It does not make sense to book Club if you want a non- Hobbit sized room. Book a big room to start with (non Club) then pay for Club separately.

On my recent stay I refused the first 2 rooms offered on the grounds that my bathroom at home is bigger. The final offer (and I had to go to Gilles in the lounge to get this) was a small-ish room but a better layout and balcony with Tower view. It still seemed smaller than the promised 35 sq m.

Chance of a junior suite, which are the best rooms they have (the standard suites are very low and have mansard roofs) is nil even as Ambassador (which I am) based on recent experience. Note also that they see me as a regular-enough guest to give me a free full bottle of champagne on every stay.
Old Aug 20, 2016, 9:16 am
HAT

Programs: BA, IHG, Hyatt
Originally Posted by Raffles
Le Grand is now playing games with club rooms.

Ignore the website promise of 35 sq m. From what I found recently (and a HFP reader had the same experience the following week) you get a random rubbish room, probably a tiny 22 sq m Classic.

It does not make sense to book Club if you want a non- Hobbit sized room. Book a big room to start with (non Club) then pay for Club separately.

On my recent stay I refused the first 2 rooms offered on the grounds that my bathroom at home is bigger. The final offer (and I had to go to Gilles in the lounge to get this) was a small-ish room but a better layout and balcony with Tower view. It still seemed smaller than the promised 35 sq m.

Chance of a junior suite, which are the best rooms they have (the standard suites are very low and have mansard roofs) is nil even as Ambassador (which I am) based on recent experience. Note also that they see me as a regular-enough guest to give me a free full bottle of champagne on every stay.
Thanks! Will see if I can negotiate a better room.
Old Aug 20, 2016, 10:09 am

I tend to disagree. IMO an Opera view room is a nice upgrade.

Note that club access only comes with a club room, not when booking a suite. Club access costs 150/120 euro.

When you get upgraded to a junior suite (or even prestige suite), these are almost always facing the inside/courtyard of the building, plus many have an impractical lay out.

Sure, the opera view room will have less square metres than a suite, but the view is unbeatable, and its use of space might be more efficient.

On 3 occasions I have received suite upgrades, on 2 I have had a decent sized "club/executive" room. I would much rather prefer to have an upgrade to an opera view room over what I had in the past. Perhaps a personal choice? But certainly not any malintend from the hotel.
Old Aug 20, 2016, 11:24 am

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Different repeat guests may prefer different rooms , personally i prefer rooms not overlooked so don't like such types as courtyard rooms here (or any hotel, eg IC Park Lane).
Any room J/Suite upwards is large enough for most couples, though JS rooms differ by layout+size so some JS's work better than others for me.

Yes PLG Classic and Superior rooms are rather small, only seen if I am assigned for a temporary RA room on 9am checkin whilst waiting on my real room. Club Rooms are simply any Superior room with associated Lounge access.

As RA I book Exec Room pre-upgrade here mostly, then as Amb or RA ones guarenteed upgrade to JS (or higher) so for me sometimes Prestigue Suite, and often a really nice (non-opera view) JS.
I am sure PLG would give me more standard suite upgrades, but my hotel profile rejects some such suite rooms at PLG, so that's my choice/fault.

My profile here lists that I'd much rather have an external J/Suite over an internal facing 2-room suite, and such JS needn't be Side or Full Opera View...

If you stay several times and don't like a room that much (or conversely love a room) , eg dislike first floor internal courtyard view suite, versus love external view JS, make sure you tell reception managers so they know and set in your profile, then you usually get rooms you prefer on future stays.

Proviso is check by asking carefully if offered extra upgrade at checkin, as the checkin staff don't really check profile and the extra upgrade may undo the room allocation the manager thoughtfully did based on profile in the 48hours before you arrive.
I have to decline half of these "suprise" checkin upgrades as find it's external facing JS to internal courtyard facing suites. I am sure a some other Amb/RA will be pleased on an unexpected extra upgrade I decline.

Of course there are also some really nice external facing suites, I really like the 5th lounge floor Prestigue Suites over looking Scribe, with 3x small external balconies.

I prefer the larger 1-room type some of the bigger JS are, over 2-small quite rooms that make up suites.
One multinight Xmas 100% occupancy stay I had really nice 2nd floor JS, full usable doublewidth room with 2-balconies, overlooking Capucines, with great layout as bathroom between bedhead wall and access corridor. I would happily take that particular JS room (or layout) every stay.
Old Aug 20, 2016, 4:33 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by HAT
Hey guys, I need a bit of your help here. Booked Club room and now I can see that the room type on my booking has been updated to 'Opera View Deluxe Room', which sounds like a downgrade for me as I understand the Club Room is Opera View already.

Could you please advise what upgrade you would normally get booking a Club Room, being a Spire Ambassador? It looks like the next category is a Junior Suite, however I have experience with some hotels having dedicated rooms for Amb/RA upgrades, which are not advertised on the website.

Thanks!
The Opera View Deluxe rooms are larger than "standard" Opera View rooms. When I checked out my first time at P-LG I asked to take note in my customer profile that I would gladly stay there every visit. Since then, when it's available I get it... last week-end must have been the fifth or sixt time. And I still can't get enough of the view!

If not available, I have gotten a Rue Scribe or Eiffel Tower View JS when booking Club Room as Spire Amb. As Scuba already mentioned, loyalty usually gets rewarded with a nice bottle of Nicolas Feuillate champagne. Last weekend however they had another nice surprise for me instead of the champagne.

BTW: besides the ladies, Gilles now has gotten assistance from Ignace, and Guest Relations Manager Ernesto at the Club Lounge. Ernesto is amazing at making you feel like Royalty!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.