Old Jun 8, 2015, 10:34 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: PTahCha
Hotel concierge does not respond to emails ([email protected]) - pick up the phone and call instead.

Lounge

120 EUR per room for Ambassadors
150 EUR per room for everyone else
Should be free for all RA's now, for sure if you are a regular guest
Must book club room for free access. Lounge access not part of the regular rate for suites.
Lounge access is included for free with all room categories when you book via a Virtuoso travel agent (see the Luxury Hotels forum if you need one)

Mini-bar
Mini-bar drinks complimentary to RA on both paid and award stays

Update Nov 12 Mini-bar is not complimentary on RA award stays unless you are a regular customer

Print Wikipost

IC Le Grand Paris Master Thread [merged]

Old Apr 20, 2016, 10:53 am

Programs: American Executive Platinum, One World Emerald, IC Royal Ambassador
Originally Posted by stimpy
It's like Uber in that they have an app. But it is fixed price and generally better cars and drivers.
A new law now stipulates that regular taxis are ALSO fixed rate to/from the Paris airports! One way to/from CDG and the Right Bank is 50. CDG to/from Left Bank 55.
Even better?!? NO more extra charges for luggage. It really is a flat rate.
I asked my driver last week about how this was affecting him. He said it evens out...they lose money during rush hour, but gain money during off peak.
I can't remember the Orly rates, but they also are fixed.
Safe travels!
Old Apr 20, 2016, 10:59 am

Programs: American Executive Platinum, One World Emerald, IC Royal Ambassador
Have we talked about this?? New toiletries have been Anne Semonin since March. I believe this is for all rooms. I thought Agraria had the systemwide contract.
Old Apr 20, 2016, 4:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Agraria had a systemwide contract. Not exclusive. Plenty of IC's opted out and provided better amenities. And some IC's have Agraria in non-suite rooms and better stuff in the suites. But it is good news if this hotel has changed.
Old Apr 22, 2016, 11:53 am
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Diamond, IC Amb
Originally Posted by Shopfranceinc
A new law now stipulates that regular taxis are ALSO fixed rate to/from the Paris airports! One way to/from CDG and the Right Bank is 50. CDG to/from Left Bank 55.
Even better?!? NO more extra charges for luggage. It really is a flat rate.
I asked my driver last week about how this was affecting him. He said it evens out...they lose money during rush hour, but gain money during off peak.
I can't remember the Orly rates, but they also are fixed.
Safe travels!

Just got home from Paris.

Airport is a flat 45 to/from Le Grande with Uber.
Old Apr 22, 2016, 11:54 am
IHG Contributor Badge

Agraria had a systemwide contract. Not exclusive. Plenty of IC's opted out and provided better amenities. And some IC's have Agraria in non-suite rooms and better stuff in the suites. But it is good news if this hotel has changed.
Had that Anne Whatever brand in the junior suite last weekend. I didn't think it was all that exciting.
Old Apr 23, 2016, 3:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by 355F1
Had that Anne Whatever brand in the junior suite last weekend. I didn't think it was all that exciting.
Anne Whatever (more well-known under Anne Simonin name ) is a very exclusive brand

http://www.annesemonin.com

I must say that I like the fragrance of the bathgel.
Old Apr 23, 2016, 8:57 am
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Delectatio
I know the breakfast here is about 40EUR per person.
Is it a breakfast buffet, off of a menu? Any dish in particular worthwhile? Or it it that cost just because it is the IC Le Grand?
Old Apr 23, 2016, 10:29 am
IHG Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by nicolas75
Anne Whatever (more well-known under Anne Simonin name ) is a very exclusive brand

http://www.annesemonin.com

I must say that I like the fragrance of the bathgel.
Right on.

I use mostly Kiehl's, Clarins, and Malin+Goetz products.

Just didn't feel like the Anne Semonin stuff was "special."
Old Apr 23, 2016, 11:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by Sweet Willie
Is it a breakfast buffet, off of a menu? Any dish in particular worthwhile? Or it it that cost just because it is the IC Le Grand?
Breakfast buffet at Caf de la Paix offers a very large choice (including Chinese breakfast of course).

And yes, you pay the price of a luxury hotel in Paris.

If you want a cheaper option, you could have a breakfast at Au Pain Quotidien, place du March Saint Honor (10 minutes walk from the hotel).
Old Apr 24, 2016, 7:46 am
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by nicolas75
If you want a cheaper option, you could have a breakfast at Au Pain Quotidien, place du March Saint Honor (10 minutes walk from the hotel).
thanks as for one of our days, breakfast at the IC is not included.
Old May 3, 2016, 5:33 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, IHG Plat Ambassador, CC Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Plat
Hello All. This is my second stay in 6 months at Le Grand and I have had awesome service from a particular person at the front desk. First time we were there, we paid with points. We were upgraded to to a superior (i think) room on the 5th floor and granted Club access for first night. This time we are going for to celebrate my birthday. I asked about the cost of adding club access. Was told $120 offer. I said I would think about it. Proceeded to purchase ambassador Right at front desk and we were upgraded to an Eiffel Tour executive room. I politely asked if this included the club access, was told no but the he would actually add that for free for all 4 nights of our stay (which are again, award nights). !!!! I know this is super unusual and would like to thank the person (same guy both times. He remembered us.) Thoght about buying a gift but figured it would be tacky. Should we tip him at the end of our stay?? How much would you tip??
Old May 4, 2016, 2:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Originally Posted by kocoliza
Hello All. This is my second stay in 6 months at Le Grand and I have had awesome service from a particular person at the front desk. First time we were there, we paid with points. We were upgraded to to a superior (i think) room on the 5th floor and granted Club access for first night. This time we are going for to celebrate my birthday. I asked about the cost of adding club access. Was told $120 offer. I said I would think about it. Proceeded to purchase ambassador Right at front desk and we were upgraded to an Eiffel Tour executive room. I politely asked if this included the club access, was told no but the he would actually add that for free for all 4 nights of our stay (which are again, award nights). !!!! I know this is super unusual and would like to thank the person (same guy both times. He remembered us.) Thoght about buying a gift but figured it would be tacky. Should we tip him at the end of our stay?? How much would you tip??
This is not America. You don't tip people unless you are in a restaurant, hairdressers or taxi.
Old May 4, 2016, 7:10 am

Originally Posted by Raffles
This is not America. You don't tip people unless you are in a restaurant, hairdressers or taxi.
Of course. I know that. Not my first trip to Europe. Just looking for a nice way to show gratitude and there seems to be some conflicting information online (even from Europeans)
Old May 4, 2016, 8:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by kocoliza
Of course. I know that. Not my first trip to Europe. Just looking for a nice way to show gratitude and there seems to be some conflicting information online (even from Europeans)
I'm not sure it is necessary, and I agree that cash tips are not the way to go. A nice bottle of wine on the other hand is well appreciated by most people in France. Or some other nice consumable.
Old May 4, 2016, 9:36 am

I'm not sure it is necessary, and I agree that cash tips are not the way to go. A nice bottle of wine on the other hand is well appreciated by most people in France. Or some other nice consumable.
Got it. Seems like the best option. Wine it is. Thanks!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.