Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 8, 2015, 10:34 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: PTahCha
Hotel concierge does not respond to emails ([email protected]) - pick up the phone and call instead.

Lounge

120 EUR per room for Ambassadors
150 EUR per room for everyone else
Should be free for all RA's now, for sure if you are a regular guest
Must book club room for free access. Lounge access not part of the regular rate for suites.
Lounge access is included for free with all room categories when you book via a Virtuoso travel agent (see the Luxury Hotels forum if you need one)

Mini-bar
Mini-bar drinks complimentary to RA on both paid and award stays

Update Nov 12 Mini-bar is not complimentary on RA award stays unless you are a regular customer

Print Wikipost

IC Le Grand Paris Master Thread [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6, 2009, 8:33 am

Programs: BAGold; AA3MMPlat; UA1MMGold; FBGold; MarriottAmb; AccorPlat; HHGold; ICPlatAmb; HyattDiscoverist
Originally Posted by paulmoscow
My understanding is he was at the Grand Palais that day. Maybe these people were confused with two places with similar names
LOL.

Was he examining the Picassos there, do you think?
Old Feb 9, 2009, 10:52 am

Programs: AA LT Gold, Hyatt Diamond, HH Gold, SPG Gold, PC Plat Ambassador
BUMPing this thread b/c I have a similar question to the OP. I currently have a reservation at IC Le Grand for the Deluxe Room, Opera House View (560€) As an Ambassador, I should get bumped to the next category up, which would be a Club IC room (640€). I kind of want this, as then breakfast would be included with the rate, which would save us some bucks. However, for another approximately $103, I could just go ahead and pay for the Club IC room, which would then bump me up one category to a Junior Suite - currently going for 1000€ per night. If I did this, would I still recieve Club access with the Junior Suite? I don't want to "forego" my Club access by booking a category too high, if that makes sense.

My next question is, I was planning on doing the BOGO with this rate, and then booking another 2 nights with 80000 pts. Do you think they'd let me stay in the same room all 4 nights, being that 2 are award nights? Thereby getting 4 nights in a Junior Suite for about $820. That would be sweeeet.

I'm sure this plan will totally backfire on me.
Old Feb 9, 2009, 11:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
If you pay for a club room you will keep club, even with a junior suite upgrade. Note that the club offering is excellent and you can eat all day from the lounge - I've been there on business and not paid a penny for food during my trip, although I'm not a big eater.

If you BOGO the first 2 nights then follow up with reward nights, you have a high chance of keeping the room. It is probably more difficult if you book the reward nights first unless they know in advance you have two bookings back-to-back. Whether you kept club access for all 4 nights is a different matter. However, LeG is exceptionally accommodating in general.
Old Feb 9, 2009, 6:26 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Raffles
If you pay for a club room you will keep club, even with a junior suite upgrade. Note that the club offering is excellent and you can eat all day from the lounge - I've been there on business and not paid a penny for food during my trip, although I'm not a big eater.
In my recent experience:
- The breakfast buffet offering was good (continental + scrambled eggs,bacon,potatoes & mushrooms).
- Lunch and afternoon tea was a few cakes (no sandwiches)
- At 6pm-8pm (with Champagne) the food may keep a light eater going but I'd suggest anyone else would need to follow up with something more substantial.
Old Feb 9, 2009, 6:34 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by blase
BUMPing this thread b/c I have a similar question to the OP. I currently have a reservation at IC Le Grand for the Deluxe Room, Opera House View (560€) As an Ambassador, I should get bumped to the next category up, which would be a Club IC room (640€). I kind of want this, as then breakfast would be included with the rate, which would save us some bucks. However, for another approximately $103, I could just go ahead and pay for the Club IC room, which would then bump me up one category to a Junior Suite - currently going for 1000€ per night. If I did this, would I still recieve Club access with the Junior Suite? I don't want to "forego" my Club access by booking a category too high, if that makes sense.
I believe you will just get an upgraded room (Junior Suite - and most likely without an Opera view as that would be a double upgrade) without club access as you haven't got this in the original rate, although an e-mail to the hotel will answer your question - and they do respond well within 24hrs.
Old Feb 12, 2009, 1:11 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold, IC Ambassador, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Accor Platinum
Thumbs down No more free lounge access at IC Paris for RAs!

Have booked a stay for four nights in March at the IC Paris (two nights paid in an opera view room and two reward nights) and another paid stay for two nights in May.

Mailed them yesterday requesting a crib for our daughter and also wanted to know about the upgrade and if lounge access is still included for RAs.

Received a short answer from them today.

Nothing about the room upgrade but was very surprised about this sentence:

Unfortunately our Club Lounge access is no longer included for our Royal Ambassador Members.
To be able to access it an extra charge of €90 per night will be applied instead of €120.

Too bad - one more IC cutting back non their expenses. But at least they are sooo kind and charge that special rate for club access of "only" 90 Euros!
Old Feb 12, 2009, 1:52 pm
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
This is terrible news. Greater consistency at IC properties is leading to what was feared by several posters. So much for the much heralded re-launch of the Ambassador programme: nothing but bad news for RAs.
Old Feb 12, 2009, 1:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Too bad, this is awful!

The IC Paris was by far the best award redemption given that they honored RA benefits on award stays, but now that the RA benefits just got completely devalued, I guess that's not worth a whole lot anymore.
Old Feb 12, 2009, 2:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Just when I get there, they pull out the rug! Seems my Euro380 Superior room has been upgraded to a Deluxe Junior Suite with an Opera view. However, having just checked the website it seems I can get a Luxury Weekend rate, including breakfast, for Euro319, so I have cancelled my original res and rebooked at the lower rate, with breakfast. Will be using a BOGO for the second night.

(Will be interested to see if I get breakfast on the BOGO night/morning. Stayed here a decade or so ago -- it's been a while since I've been to Paris -- and they wouldn't honour breakfast on the BOGO night/morning. At the time I failed to argue the point that the rate covered two people for breakfast each day, and I was only one so they still owed me a breakfast. Wonder if it'll work this time?)

Without RA lounge access it takes a bit of the guilt out of taking that half bottle of Mumms from the minibar!

Last edited by Shareholder; Feb 12, 2009 at 2:44 pm
Old Feb 12, 2009, 4:30 pm

This is truly terrible news!!
I cannot think of an RA experience that I enjoyed more than the comp RA access that I received in the Paris IC.
I like many other have a RA Reward Stay booked for the next couple of months & I am very disappointed - I may even look to switch some of the nights to 15K HIs in Paris & use the other points elsewhere.
I won't be paying the "special" €90 rate either!
Old Feb 12, 2009, 4:41 pm

Will the minibar still be complimentary for RAs on Reward Stays?
I think I'd like to know in advance of any "nasty surprises" at check-out.
Maybe their change of policy for RAs doesn't stop at Lounge Access
Old Feb 12, 2009, 8:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Originally Posted by SamsoniteBoy
Will the minibar still be complimentary for RAs on Reward Stays?
I think I'd like to know in advance of any "nasty surprises" at check-out.
Maybe their change of policy for RAs doesn't stop at Lounge Access
Technically speaking, no. RA benefits are not supposed to be given on award stays...let alone upgrading to Club!

--------------------

My new reservation now shows an upgrade to an Executive Room from a Classic Room. So it seems suites are gone there too for RAs. Beginning to sound like the IC Hong Kong.

Last edited by Shareholder; Feb 13, 2009 at 5:45 am
Old Feb 13, 2009, 9:03 am

Programs: Hilton Honors, Marriott Bonvoy, Accor, Hyatt, (Former IHG Ambassador)
Just checked in at the IC in Paris today. I am, not an RA but I am a Plat Ambassador.

Booked an executive room and got a double upgrade to a junior suite with courtyard view...

I was under the impression that all junior suites have lounge access but i was asked to pay 120 euro per night to have this.
I asked if there was any discount for Plat Ambassadors but was told no.

2 questions:

1.) Is it standard for junior suites at this IC not to have lounge access???

2.) Also, can anyone tell me if getting a junior suite was better than a room with opera view??? Should i have asked for a one level "downgrade"???
Old Feb 13, 2009, 10:25 am

Programs: Skywards Gold, IC Ambassador, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by est-gratuite
Just checked in at the IC in Paris today. I am, not an RA but I am a Plat Ambassador.

Booked an executive room and got a double upgrade to a junior suite with courtyard view...

I was under the impression that all junior suites have lounge access but i was asked to pay 120 euro per night to have this.
I asked if there was any discount for Plat Ambassadors but was told no.

2 questions:

1.) Is it standard for junior suites at this IC not to have lounge access???

2.) Also, can anyone tell me if getting a junior suite was better than a room with opera view??? Should i have asked for a one level "downgrade"???

to 1) unfortunately the (junior) suites do not have club access - club access only comes with the club rooms

to 2) I always prefer a room with a view - so I would have asked nicely if they perhaps had a junior suite with opera view and if they were not accommodating would have asked for a opera view room instead of the junior suite
Old Feb 13, 2009, 10:25 am
ABG

Programs: Virtuoso TA, Four Seasons Pref Partner, Rosewood Elite TA, Ritz Carlton STARS TA
Interesting change in policy....I was last here in October and didn't find the lounge too busy. Is it a crowding issue maybe?

For those of you familar with Virtuoso and its hotel rate program I can confirm that for 2009 the free Club access is still included. 15% off BAR until 13 April and then again in July and August. 10% off BAR the rest of the time. Not sure if you can combine with BOGO and whatnot, but the rest of the RA perks and upgrades would apply.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.