Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 8, 2015, 10:34 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: PTahCha
Hotel concierge does not respond to emails ([email protected]) - pick up the phone and call instead.

Lounge

120 EUR per room for Ambassadors
150 EUR per room for everyone else
Should be free for all RA's now, for sure if you are a regular guest
Must book club room for free access. Lounge access not part of the regular rate for suites.
Lounge access is included for free with all room categories when you book via a Virtuoso travel agent (see the Luxury Hotels forum if you need one)

Mini-bar
Mini-bar drinks complimentary to RA on both paid and award stays

Update Nov 12 Mini-bar is not complimentary on RA award stays unless you are a regular customer

Print Wikipost

IC Le Grand Paris Master Thread [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 28, 2018, 2:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by hockeyinsider
Maybe, but given the era of the hotel's construction it's quite possible that these were water closets.
It's possible that in *some* of the rooms the toilets are physically located in the same place from a hundred years ago. But about 15-20 years ago the hotel was shut down for over a year, completely gutted and renovated. Probably 10 more times before as well. And if you read the history, the rooms sizes and layouts were completely different back in the 1800's.
Old Dec 28, 2018, 3:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

A timely note found in my suite...

Originally the hotel was supposed to have 1000 rooms and apartments, but this was changed to 800. Each room had its own fireplace and guests who felt the cold could light their own fires in the grates with wood brought by the basket and available on each floor of the hotel. Only the largest and more luxurious apartments had bathrooms. There was what was termed "A bathing premises", directed and supervised by a team of doctors, offering all kinds of hydrotherapy baths, showers, massages and frictions, together with manicures and pedicures. The hotel employed, at the time, male and female bathing assistants.
Old Dec 28, 2018, 3:30 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by stimpy
A timely note found in my suite...

Originally the hotel was supposed to have 1000 rooms and apartments, but this was changed to 800. Each room had its own fireplace and guests who felt the cold could light their own fires in the grates with wood brought by the basket and available on each floor of the hotel. Only the largest and more luxurious apartments had bathrooms. There was what was termed "A bathing premises", directed and supervised by a team of doctors, offering all kinds of hydrotherapy baths, showers, massages and frictions, together with manicures and pedicures. The hotel employed, at the time, male and female bathing assistants.
I don't think a 19th century "bathroom" would have had a toilet. A "bathroom" was literally a room for bathing. They would have had either chamber pots or a water closet. Or maybe a couple of water closets on each floor.
Old Dec 29, 2018, 4:40 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Lufthansa: Senator || IHG: Diamond Royal Ambassador Inner Circle || Plutonium Status
November 2018 experiences

Here's my observations from a recent stay end november 2018
- was with a french ladyfriend invited to the grand opening of La Cerentola opera at Palais Garnier operahouse
- booked an executive room and got the same catagory, no upgrade as the hotel was completely full
slightly miffed but understandable but the hotel made up in stellar service
- remembering from previous stays with the husband a nesspresso machine was delivered with enough cups to operate a starbucks
- remembering from previous stays with family enough bottled water was delivered to feed a waterbed at a sheik's oasis
- got the operahouse notebook as gift plus wine, plus cake
- minibar was restocked promptly every day
- at reception, at cafe de la paix and club lounge, there were Japanese ladies and staff helping out. ( i noticed their name tags) so instead of practising my french i was now talking japanese and the service went out of the roof with 20% extra bowing - it seems there was a cooperation between ANA IC TOKYO due to high volume of Japanese guests attending the opera
- we ate every morning our breakfast at the club lounge and monsiour Gilles is really an asset to the brand, guest interaction, attention to details and remembering preferences were all very much in the true hospitality bon vivant spirit, other staff interaction was equally pleasent
- as my ladyfriend had several divorce issues, eventually we settled on twice a long long talkative dinner at cafe de la paix, staff there was very accomodating and slightly surprised we had 4 extra orders of pommes frites, (according to her the best source against dating anxieties ),which came on my occasions as i was having hightea/lunch at the club lounge courtously being offered complimentary because staff remembered that madame & monsieur had appreciated the pommes frites
- public spaces the hotel is in perfect shape, when it comes to our executive room, everything was working but it needed some modern fixtures update (light switch), furniture was clean and functional, internet worked perfectly, shower pressure was good and toilet came with a bidet stick. My lady friend asked about the state of old furniture after renovations and it seems staff get first pick and afterwards the public; she was enthralled by some of the classic LeGrand cushions and tables

Conclusion: even though renovations are noticeably due to scaffolding, there is no noise. Even if the hotel is at full occupancy it still delivers "hereuse service trčs agréable artisinale francaise " in my opnion. It still is my prefered option as i'm booked again end of January 2019 before the new RA rules kick in .
Old Dec 29, 2018, 5:38 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by HadesNL
My lady friend asked about the state of old furniture after renovations and it seems staff get first pick and afterwards the public; she was enthralled by some of the classic LeGrand cushions and tables
I believe the gorgeous older desks and nightstands are being kept in the renovated rooms. Only the artwork, bedding, and colors are changing.
submonte likes this.
Old Dec 29, 2018, 6:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I never thought about asking for souvenirs! I'll have to ask about that.

I learned today that more than half the rooms are out of inventory. So it makes sense that you'll see less staff about, aside from the Club of course. Nevertheless I saw the bagagiste unloading a car that pulled up around 10pm last night. So the hotel is still full service.

Personally I'm happy that the old club is still available. It's been home for nearly two decades. I'm sure the new club will be nice, but it will also be an adjustment for me and my family.
submonte likes this.
Old Dec 29, 2018, 7:26 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by stimpy
Personally I'm happy that the old club is still available. It's been home for nearly two decades. I'm sure the new club will be nice, but it will also be an adjustment for me and my family.
What is it about the club lounge that is so appealing? Do you or anyone else have pictures?
Old Dec 29, 2018, 8:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by hockeyinsider
What is it about the club lounge that is so appealing? Do you or anyone else have pictures?
Mainly the service and personal friendships I've made over the years. But also it is a very comfortable place to spend time in. Nearly always food and drink available. Two floors of seating. Sorry I'm not much of a photo bug and I don't think it would help much. You have to see it yourself IMHO.
Old Dec 29, 2018, 3:09 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Lufthansa: Senator || IHG: Diamond Royal Ambassador Inner Circle || Plutonium Status
Why PLG club is good?
- friendly personable service
- staff willing to speak english and other languages
- capable of fullfilling queries
- food and beverage of choice and quality, 4 presentations: breakfast/lunch/high tea/ hors d'ouvres
- upstairs spacious and free printing
- yay a chess set to at least keep me mentally in balance
submonte likes this.
Old May 4, 2019, 6:47 am

Rewards Nights

Hi. I am looking at booking this hotel using points as a Spire Elite. What are the chances of getting an upgraded room or one with two beds? Thank you in advance for any advice or experience with this. The only room available on rewards for my dates are a Standard room.
Old May 6, 2019, 5:38 pm

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by machong
Hi. I am looking at booking this hotel using points as a Spire Elite. What are the chances of getting an upgraded room or one with two beds? Thank you in advance for any advice or experience with this. The only room available on rewards for my dates are a Standard room.
IC-PLG has multiple room cats with choice of double/twins as standard, upto Junior Suites. Hotel also has ability to swap bed types a bit, ie bed base is splitable to be king or 2x singles, with spare matress storerooms on each floor.

An upgrade given pre-arrival (night before) will be to booked bed types. At IC's officially @Rewards elite status get no upgrade on paid, you need purchase Ambassador Status.
At IC/IHG award nights don't provide upgrade, but at this IC you may as Spire on Award as so many low room sub-cats, eg view

IHG award night is only offered on entry room cat
Old May 7, 2019, 11:15 am

Programs: DL PM MM SC; GE; Bonvoy Titanium; IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by scubaccr
At IC/IHG award nights don't provide upgrade, but at this IC you may as Spire on Award as so many low room sub-cats, eg view
I'm Spire and have stayed at the IC Le Grand three times, all award nights and was upgraded every time.
Old May 25, 2019, 8:46 am

Renovated rooms

Does anyone know if any of the renovated rooms are available to stay in at this time?
My family decided to visit Paris next month (June) and I thought if the renovated rooms are available now we’ll stay at this hotel.
Old May 26, 2019, 1:17 am

Programs: FB Plat, IHG RA Spire, TK Elite+, HH Diamond, LH SEN, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by agjil
Does anyone know if any of the renovated rooms are available to stay in at this time?
My family decided to visit Paris next month (June) and I thought if the renovated rooms are available now we’ll stay at this hotel.
when I was talking to the lounge staff earlier this year, they said it’d be “end of the summer”.

but things may have changed
Old May 26, 2019, 7:10 am

Originally Posted by Lewis42

when I was talking to the lounge staff earlier this year, they said it’d be “end of the summer”.

but things may have changed
Thanks for sharing.
I actually called the hotel and asked, and they said the renovations are still scheduled to finish at the end of summer, and the new rooms won't be available in June.

I have to say I am very unimpressed with the progress of the renovation work.
They have been working on this forever and are still not done.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.