Community
Wiki Posts
Search

NYC for New Years

Search this Thread

Old Sep 1, 2014, 9:48 am
Original Poster

NYC for New Years

My wife and I are wanting to visit NYC for new years for our anniversary. We are wanting to stay at the Crown Plaza Times Square. Has anyone been successful in booking a paid room and switching to points down the road? I will receive my 80,000 points in a few weeks and wanted to go ahead and set our plans in stone if possible. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thank you!
Old Sep 2, 2014, 2:28 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Switching your paid room to a points will not work. Of course if redemption nights for thed esired time period will still be available when you receive your points you can make a rewards booking and cancel the paid stay.

But booking paid stay and later trying to convert that paid stay into a points stay when there is no reward nights availability ain't gonna fly.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.