Search

Crowne Plaza Champs Elysees

Search this Thread

Old Nov 20, 2008, 1:14 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: BA Blue/IC Royal Ambassador/LeadinghotelsRegular
Crowne Plaza Champs Elysees

Just completed a stay at this brand new boutique hotel just off the champs elysees. We booked it on 25,000 points and for that it was a steal (not a steal at the extortionate rack rates though!)

Staff great, extremely welcoming as expected in a boutique hotel
Philipe Stark entrance was a fresh and nice finish. V V modern, dont expect olde world paris here, its brand spanking new inside. Also there were really only the entrance hall and breakfast area as communal rooms, so no bar or lounge to use.

Bedrooms, the standard room is TINY- be aware you can (probably) get this on points. Perfectly formed but really really small. The superior rooms are a reasonable size but not large. You get free wifi, and the most comfortable beds ever, we haven't slept so well in a hotel room for years- maybe it was the beer, but we had a truly good nights sleep (-:

Bathrooms are very modern (largely white) with lemon smelling Hermes toiletries. Modern basin and fittings. Shower not overly powerful but adequate. Room design v modern with white everything bar acouple of coloured cushions.

Nice flat screen tv on the wall.

Now the crunch- would i stay there again?

On points, absolutely, although due to the lack of common areas, if you can stretch to the intercontinental le grand, this has much much more character and panache, and with the bogof on the weekend, i would stay at the ic over the cp over a weekend and pay for one of the two nights; but if you are after a compact but high quality bed for the night just off the champs elysees, particularly during the week when you cant use an ic bogof, you cant go wrong with this petite Gem.
Old Nov 20, 2008, 1:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by dreamytraveller
Philipe Stark entrance was a fresh and nice finish.
The CP Paris Champs Elysées interior design is not by Philippe Starck, but a close collaborator of Philippe Starck: Bruno Borrione

http://www.borrione.com/borrione.htm
Old Nov 20, 2008, 2:24 pm

be aware you can (probably) get this on points. .
How did you get it on points?

Every night I checked there is no availability at 25,000 (let alone when it appeared as 5,000 pointbreak)

I just use the standard ichotels.com website but have never found ANY availability. I know it is a small Hotel so understand only a few rooms will ever be assigned which confused me why they ever put on the Pointsbreak list in the 1st place.
Old Nov 21, 2008, 2:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
They will load 2 nights max per night for points (only 46 rooms anyway) and there are 20m+ PC members ....
Old Nov 21, 2008, 8:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Originally Posted by Raffles
They will load 2 nights max per night for points (only 46 rooms anyway) and there are 20m+ PC members ....
And what does that say about the program's insistence that there are no blackouts or other restrictions on awards? Or at least their advertising tends to suggest this is the case.

IIRC some here have said they were able to get those 5K nights.
Old Nov 21, 2008, 8:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
'No blackouts' means they make at least 1 room available per night. It is absolutely not the same as Hilton / Marriott who guarantee that if they have a room for sale you can have it for redemption.
Old Nov 21, 2008, 9:07 am

Bedrooms, the standard room is TINY- be aware you can (probably) get this on points. Perfectly formed but really really small. The superior rooms are a reasonable size but not large. You get free wifi, and the most comfortable beds ever, we haven't slept so well in a hotel room for years- maybe it was the beer, but we had a truly good nights sleep (-:
Not sure whether it's too relevant to me because unless I can use my points (or I can get a much better value paid rate) but ..............

Did you get any room upgrade (on your points stay) or any other recognition of your RA/platinum Status?

Thanks in advance
Old Nov 27, 2008, 5:27 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: BA Blue/IC Royal Ambassador/LeadinghotelsRegular
hiya, upgrade was as with platinum (ie one level if available and if they feel like it) not like RA, no RA benefits, but we pressed them and got a nice room. The basic room was SMALL (though comfy beds!)
Old Dec 29, 2008, 3:36 pm

Programs: Various shiny cards at hotel chains and airlines
Did they also give breakfast free on the award stay for you as Plat? Usually Plats seem to get complimentary bf-s.. if not, how much is it? I am thinking of spending a night there

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.