Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IC Sydney Master Thread [merged] - after January 2011

Search this Thread

Old Mar 30, 2017, 3:23 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, Alaska Gold 75K, LATAM Black
I don't know what miracle blessed me today, but upon check in I was upgraded to the Australia Suite (but no lounge access). Spire ambassador here, used my BOGO coupon!

Arrived at 8AM I couldn't check in yet but they gave me access to the shower room which is nice after flying in from JFK.

:-)
Old May 17, 2017, 5:05 am
Original Poster

I (Ambassador) booked into a King Club Deluxe Eastern Harbor View. Hotel modified the reservation to King Deluxe Eastern Harbor View (No Club), Same price, What's going on? Does anyone have a working email address for this hotel?
Old May 17, 2017, 10:16 am

Programs: AA PLTPRO, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist
This property seems to have issues with the upgrade booking process. I started another thread - I booked a King Deluxe Eastern and was upgraded online to a King Deluxe Bridge View - and the price was changed. Still trying to get it straightened out.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/inter...r-upgrade.html
Old Jun 5, 2017, 5:07 am

Spirits in the Club? Or Wine Only?

Hello,

Could anyone who has stayed at the IC Sydney recently respond with their data point:

1. Is the going rate for a club upgrade for an award stay still about $160/night?

2. Are they serving Spirits/Mixed drinks at the Club, besides Wine? (I saw a review mention they only had wine and no spirits, but I saw another review where there was a pic attached that showed Spirits/Mixed Drinks as an option in the Club Menu.)

I read several pages of the thread but I can't seem to find a definitive answer, and it may have changed so that may be why. Anyway, much appreciated any response one way or the other. Cheers.
Old Jun 6, 2017, 5:31 am

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by gourmand73
Hello,

Could anyone who has stayed at the IC Sydney recently respond with their data point:

1. Is the going rate for a club upgrade for an award stay still about $160/night?

2. Are they serving Spirits/Mixed drinks at the Club, besides Wine? (I saw a review mention they only had wine and no spirits, but I saw another review where there was a pic attached that showed Spirits/Mixed Drinks as an option in the Club Menu.)

I read several pages of the thread but I can't seem to find a definitive answer, and it may have changed so that may be why. Anyway, much appreciated any response one way or the other. Cheers.
a)I receive foc Lounge as RA so can't comment on 2017 upsell rate
b)Jan2017 - Beer and wine only, Spirits are chargeable
c)20:00 the Lounge Bar and Terrace is open to all
d)Jan207 - If you have lounge access, then foc choice of lounge b/f or first floor restaurant breakfast.
Old Jun 6, 2017, 7:32 am

Originally Posted by scubaccr
d)Jan207 - If you have lounge access, then foc choice of lounge b/f or first floor restaurant breakfast.
Thank You!
Old Jun 6, 2017, 1:49 pm
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Gold, VA Gold, IHG Spire, Accor Plat, Marriot Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by scubaccr
Stayed in February and as per usual selected spirits and cocktails are included in the cocktails twilight serving. The opening of the lounge at 2000 is not for all, strictly by reservation and occurs only from Thursday to Sunday, unless Vivid is on.

https://www.icsydney.com.au/Dining/supperclub

Club upgrade $165 a night Monday to Thursday; $225 a night Friday and Saturday

Last edited by markis10; Jun 6, 2017 at 2:00 pm
Old Jun 6, 2017, 6:56 pm

Originally Posted by markis10
Stayed in February and as per usual selected spirits and cocktails are included in the cocktails twilight serving. The opening of the lounge at 2000 is not for all, strictly by reservation and occurs only from Thursday to Sunday, unless Vivid is on.

Much appreciated! Thanks so much!
Old Jun 22, 2017, 7:56 pm

Programs: QF P1, VA Velocity, Etihad P, IHG SPE Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by markis10

Actually hotel guests with Club access have priority even over reservations. The Supper club concept (which opens the club to outside paying guests) is actually a disaster with poor service and horrible dark atmosphere. I've done 50+ nights at IC Sydney this year and finally just gave up and went back to paying triple the rate at the Park Hyatt. This is a VERY mediocre hotel. If it wasn't for Jules (who is a gem) in the Club lounge I would have left a long time ago.
Old Sep 19, 2017, 11:46 am

Quick ? Please. I searched without much luck.

Does the IC Sydney provide free internet for IHG Platinum members? It shows free internet for IHG members on their website but some recent reviews on TA so people being charged.

Will grab a sim card in the airport if they do.

Thanks.
Old Sep 19, 2017, 12:15 pm

Originally Posted by schwimmair
Quick ? Please. I searched without much luck.

Does the IC Sydney provide free internet for IHG Platinum members? It shows free internet for IHG members on their website but some recent reviews on TA so people being charged.

Will grab a sim card in the airport if they do.

Thanks.
Definitely free to Spires so don't see why it wouldn't be for Plats as well
schwimmair likes this.
Old Sep 19, 2017, 1:59 pm

Originally Posted by ag51
Definitely free to Spires so don't see why it wouldn't be for Plats as well
Free Internet is a benefit to all members at all hotels, whether it’s premium speed is another issue (looking at you IC Abu Dhabi).
Old Sep 19, 2017, 2:58 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador
I have a three night stay at the IC Sydney booked in October. I don't have access to the lounge and am unlikely to use the lounge for two of the days due to other plans. Is it possible to book the lounge for just one day/night?
Old Oct 21, 2017, 1:53 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
Deluxe Harbour Suite

I'm considering booking the IC Sydney through Virtuoso for a 10-night stay, but I have a slight mobility problem that makes it a bit difficult for me to use a tub/shower combo, so I'm thinking about booking the Deluxe Harbour Suite.

Am I correct that this would have a much larger bathroom with a walk-in shower? Would it also have a hand shower (or wand or whatever it is called)?

And is this on located on most floors, or only on upper floors?

Also, the Virtuoso benefit is club access and I see that the evening cocktail time is 5-7 pm, but that on certain nights (Thu-Sun?) there is a supper club from 8 pm. Does this mean that the club would not be accessible or there would be an extra charge after 8 pm on those nights? When staying on club levels we sometimes like to drop in for coffee or tea if the lounge is open until 10 or 11 pm.

Alternatively we're considering the Shangri-La, where a view room without club access would be about the same rate as the Harbour Suite with club access at the IC. I would love to hear opinions on which is the better choice.

Thanks.
Old Oct 21, 2017, 4:32 pm

Originally Posted by OsakaWino
I'm considering booking the IC Sydney through Virtuoso for a 10-night stay, but I have a slight mobility problem that makes it a bit difficult for me to use a tub/shower combo, so I'm thinking about booking the Deluxe Harbour Suite.

Am I correct that this would have a much larger bathroom with a walk-in shower? Would it also have a hand shower (or wand or whatever it is called)?

And is this on located on most floors, or only on upper floors?

Also, the Virtuoso benefit is club access and I see that the evening cocktail time is 5-7 pm, but that on certain nights (Thu-Sun?) there is a supper club from 8 pm. Does this mean that the club would not be accessible or there would be an extra charge after 8 pm on those nights? When staying on club levels we sometimes like to drop in for coffee or tea if the lounge is open until 10 or 11 pm.

Thanks.
The deluxe harbour suite is on most floors, and yes it does have a shower that is walk-in, although the shower head is fixed. The bath has a shower head also which is hand held. The lounge is on offer until 10 re free coffee tea.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.