Wiki Posts
Search

IC Sydney Master Thread [merged] - after January 2011

Search this Thread

Old Feb 16, 2012, 3:37 pm

Programs: QF Emerald EY Plat HH D
Originally Posted by Dave Noble
There is nothing grey at all about it. It clearly states in the T&Cs

When staying on Reward Nights, all Ambassador and Royal Ambassador privileges apply with the exception of upgrades, free Pay TV film per stay, 24 hour guaranteed room availability, 8:00am early check-in and complimentary mini bar beverages
What part of that is at all ambiguous?

Id like to know exactly what if ANY priviledges are left there
lets see
no upgrade
no pay tv
no minibar
no early checkin
no 24 hr guaranteed availability

what??? a bottle of water and 2 bananas
Id say the amb program needs to be changed.
Old Feb 16, 2012, 3:48 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by aussielori
Id like to know exactly what if ANY priviledges are left there
lets see
no upgrade
no pay tv
no minibar
no early checkin
no 24 hr guaranteed availability

what??? a bottle of water and 2 bananas
Id say the amb program needs to be changed.
And that's a different issue; if the programme changed to cover this , that would be a good thing
Old Feb 16, 2012, 9:23 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, Hilton Gold, RA, QF Gold, UA 1K
If you really think that this is the case, then put the case to IHG to change the terms of the scheme rather than expect hotels to give you something for nothing when there is no reason for them to do so and , in fact, the membership says that you are not entitled to it

I find complaining that you are getting exactly what you should get is a bizarre complaint

If another hotel better meets the needs on a particular stay, then it makes perfect sense to go to another hotel

No, it is IC Sydney that needs to change. I would leave the AMB program as it is. This is because different markets have different needs / demands.

IC sydney should learn from other IC hotels that offers benefits and re-consider their internal policy and use the AMB program rule as a back up.

For example, they can state you get no benefits - however, have internal (unpublished) rule saying if hotel is 90% below and rank RA and AMB for upgrades at check-in. Offer Club access if club purchase is below certain numbers. If mini-bar, for example, is a cost to them, don't offer mini-bar to RA as stated in T&C. Offer the ones that does not cost the hotel or insignificant costs. I am sure if they do that, all RA and other loyal AMB would really appreciate the hotel effort. "Under Promise and Over deliver" - that is always better than promise nothing and delivery nothing.

This is what i will call 'above and beyond'. Spend 10 mins to look at the level and hotel occupancy each morning, then make a decision. The IC sydney i know look at the list anyway for RA and AMB upgrades - why not just spending another 10 mins?
Old Feb 16, 2012, 9:40 pm

Originally Posted by yucci18
No, it is IC Sydney that needs to change. I would leave the AMB program as it is. This is because different markets have different needs / demands.

IC sydney should learn from other IC hotels that offers benefits and re-consider their internal policy and use the AMB program rule as a back up.
I disagree; there is nothing to justitfy that they change; they meet the programme requirements exactly; what a great complaint, complaining that you got what you are entitled to

if wanting hotels to offer more , then get the programme changed and I am sure that they will.

It sounds like the hotel is consistent in the benefits it offers and complies with the scheme

If you really think that additional benefits be granted , then take it up with Ambassador imo
Old Feb 16, 2012, 9:42 pm
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Gold, VA Gold, IHG Spire, Accor Plat, Marriot Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by yucci18
No, it is IC Sydney that needs to change. ...
This is what i will call 'above and beyond'. Spend 10 mins to look at the level and hotel occupancy each morning, then make a decision. The IC sydney i know look at the list anyway for RA and AMB upgrades - why not just spending another 10 mins?
I think the shareholders in Malaysia are quite happy with a steady as she goes approach, believe they have had very high occupancy in the last few years as it stands.
Old Feb 16, 2012, 10:20 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, Hilton Gold, RA, QF Gold, UA 1K
I disagree; there is nothing to justitfy that they change; they meet the programme requirements exactly; what a great complaint, complaining that you got what you are entitled to

if wanting hotels to offer more , then get the programme changed and I am sure that they will.

It sounds like the hotel is consistent in the benefits it offers and complies with the scheme

If you really think that additional benefits be granted , then take it up with Ambassador imo
Nothing to justify? How about the losing customers /profit part? There are proofs that hotel does NOT need programme to change to offer more. Otherwise all other ICs that offer benefits, how do you explain that? Are they complying with the rules or not? If they are not, why is there a difference?

Again, my point is - what does hotel have to lose by offering an upgrade when room is available and not being sold? Can you answer that first? And who knows the cost better? AMB program or the IC Sydney? Who makes the decision to upgrade? AMB or IC Sydney?

and your point for not offering any benefits is they comply with AMB program guildlines - yes, that is understood by everyone here. The additional consideration needs to come from the hotel according to individual market.
As i mentioned before, it is a wonderful program and I won't change the rules. However, it is the little extra the hotel is able to provide that makes a huge difference. The purpose of loyalty program is to retain customers - so why not giving some individual thoughts on how you can retain your local customers? Especially it costs you nothing/ very little? It is the return vs. costs. Zero costs (eg, same size room with a better view for reward night, upgrade based on AVAILABILITY at check-in) vs. a happier customer. It makes perfect business sense to do so.

At the end of the day, AMB programme does now owe IC Sydney.
Old Mar 17, 2012, 1:52 pm

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
Thinking about staying here.

If I book the following, what will be the Ambassador upgrade:

1) Club Opera House view?

2) Club Harbour Executive Suite?

Thank you.
Old Mar 18, 2012, 11:24 pm
Company Representative - InterContinental Hotels Sidney

Originally Posted by TravellerFrequently
Thinking about staying here.

If I book the following, what will be the Ambassador upgrade:

1) Club Opera House view?

2) Club Harbour Executive Suite?

Thank you.
Hi

1) Club Opera View room - upgrade will be King CLUB Harbour Executive Suite
2) Club Harbour Executive Suite - upgrade to Governor Suite. Please keep in mind we only have 2 Governor suites and therefore the upgrade will be based fully dependent on a suite being available.
Please let me know if I can further assist you.

Kind regards Kim.
Old Apr 3, 2012, 2:08 am

Programs: QF WP - LTG, VA Plat, HH D, IHG Plat, Rydges Black, GHA Black
A friend recently joined the Ambassador program on my recommendation.
She has made a booking at the IC Sydney using a Priority Privilege BOGO voucher and was told the hotel no longer gives upgrades to Ambassadors using these vouchers

I wonder where that will leave RAs?

What a shame the IC are devaluing the product like this. Over the past few years I have spent many enjoyable nights in a club east harbour view room at the hotel but I certainly wont be renewing my Ambassador membership next year!

As I am now HHonors Diamond and Hilton treat their elite members very well, I will also be hard pressed to renew my PP membership.
Old Apr 3, 2012, 2:33 am

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.5; en-gb; GT-I9100 Build/GINGERBREAD) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Originally Posted by fifa
A friend recently joined the Ambassador program on my recommendation.
She has made a booking at the IC Sydney using a Priority Privilege BOGO voucher and was told the hotel no longer gives upgrades to Ambassadors using these vouchers

I wonder where that will leave RAs?

What a shame the IC are devaluing the product like this. Over the past few years I have spent many enjoyable nights in a club east harbour view room at the hotel but I certainly wont be renewing my Ambassador membership next year!

As I am now HHonors Diamond and Hilton treat their elite members very well, I will also be hard pressed to renew my PP membership.
I have a booking in May using a PP BOGO voucher, and the reservation has been updated to show my usual Club upgrade as RA - I'd be interested if the hotel could point out the relevant part of the terms from either programme that allow them not to give an upgrade.
Old Apr 3, 2012, 3:13 am

Programs: QF WP - LTG, VA Plat, HH D, IHG Plat, Rydges Black, GHA Black
Originally Posted by ag51
I have a booking in May using a PP BOGO voucher, and the reservation has been updated to show my usual Club upgrade as RA - I'd be interested if the hotel could point out the relevant part of the terms from either programme that allow them not to give an upgrade.
Apparently bookings made before the change (about a month ago) will have the upgrade honoured.
My friend is Ambassador and did not enquire whether RAs would also be affected.

I hope the FT InterContinental Sydney Company Rep gives us some clarification and considers the reversal of this decision.

Last edited by fifa; Apr 3, 2012 at 5:35 pm
Old Apr 3, 2012, 5:49 pm
Company Representative - InterContinental Hotels Sidney

Hi fifa

The terms and conditions of Priority Privilege do advise that the benefits cannot be used in conjunction with any other offers and as the Royal Ambassador upgrade to either Club InterContinental or a suite is another offer, it cannot be used at the same time.

Priority Privilege is an entirely unrelated program to Ambassador. PP is a food & beverage based program which offers discounts when dining plus the voucher to stay 2 nights and get one free. Ambassador program is a Priority Club based points program for accommodation only and the upgrades for Ambassadors cannot also be applied along with the PP program. Please do read the PP terms and conditions and as mentioned previously it does clearly state cannot be used in conjunction with other offers.

As a Royal Ambassador the choice of Club or Suite upgrade is extended when paying full rate. Again, I am very sorry for any disappointment due to this.

Priority Privilege food & beverage discounts can be used when staying as a Royal Ambassador, this only effects the actual upgrade when staying on discounted room rates. Hopefully this information has given some clarification and I do understand how perplexing the various benefits, along with terms and conditions can be.

Please do not hesitate to contact me if you need further assistance or clarification.

Kind regards Kim.
Old Apr 3, 2012, 8:09 pm

Programs: IC/AMB - Diamond Elite, AC E50K, AA, AM-Onyx, HH-Diamond, BW, Choice - Gold
Originally Posted by InterContinental Sydney
Hi fifa

The terms and conditions of Priority Privilege do advise that the benefits cannot be used in conjunction with any other offers and as the Royal Ambassador upgrade to either Club InterContinental or a suite is another offer, it cannot be used at the same time.

Priority Privilege is an entirely unrelated program to Ambassador. PP is a food & beverage based program which offers discounts when dining plus the voucher to stay 2 nights and get one free. Ambassador program is a Priority Club based points program for accommodation only and the upgrades for Ambassadors cannot also be applied along with the PP program. Please do read the PP terms and conditions and as mentioned previously it does clearly state cannot be used in conjunction with other offers.

As a Royal Ambassador the choice of Club or Suite upgrade is extended when paying full rate. Again, I am very sorry for any disappointment due to this.

Priority Privilege food & beverage discounts can be used when staying as a Royal Ambassador, this only effects the actual upgrade when staying on discounted room rates. Hopefully this information has given some clarification and I do understand how perplexing the various benefits, along with terms and conditions can be.

Please do not hesitate to contact me if you need further assistance or clarification.

Kind regards Kim.
Kim,

Can you explain how a benefit from a loyalty program is considered an 'offer', as is the bottled water, fruit, gift, check-in time, etc. I have to disagree with the interpretation that has been taken by the IC Sydney.

Had the RA program been offering a discounted rate for the room, I could see your point, but that is not the case.

mxm135
Old Apr 3, 2012, 8:24 pm

Programs: VA Platinum, QF Lifetime silver (ex plat :(), Accor Gold, IHG Ambassador, PC Platinum, Starwood Gold
Originally Posted by MXM135
Kim,

Can you explain how a benefit from a loyalty program is considered an 'offer', as is the bottled water, fruit, gift, check-in time, etc. I have to disagree with the interpretation that has been taken by the IC Sydney.

Had the RA program been offering a discounted rate for the room, I could see your point, but that is not the case.

mxm135
Agreed.

I have stayed numerous times as both RA and just Amb, always got full privileges with PP rates. Won't be staying again - clearly the IC does not want our custom and there are plenty of good hotels in Sydney. The lounge is the main appeal for me at the IC and with their increasing attitude of stinginess rather than appreciation it just isn't worth it
Old Apr 3, 2012, 9:32 pm

Originally Posted by MXM135
Kim,

Conversely, I would ask why would you say that getting a free night using the PP BOGOF voucher not an offer, since the report is of not getting the upgrade in conjunction with using the free night voucher

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.