IC Sydney Master Thread [merged] - after January 2011

Old Jan 29, 2012, 5:07 pm
Company Representative - InterContinental Hotels Sidney

MOre than happy to assist you. Room 1401 is King Deluxe Harbour View. If you book this room type you Ambassador upgrade will be to a King CLUB Opera View room or a King Harbour Executive Suite no club.

Let me know if anything further is needed.

Kim

Originally Posted by Jasper2009
Kim, thanks for your participation in this thread!^

I´m still trying to figure out which room category to book for my next stay (I´ve stayed at the IC SYD a few times in the past and enjoyed the hotel overall), would you be so kind to tell my which room category room 1401 is (in which I stayed last time) to get a rough comparison?

Thanks in advance!
Old Jan 29, 2012, 9:46 pm

RA UG

Hello Kim

I would like to know if I book city view or eastern harbour view
I will be given upgrade to club only in same category or harbour view suite without club
so if I want suite I will get same suite if buying the lowest category or the eastern harbour
correct.
Old Jan 30, 2012, 7:34 pm

Hello

If you book a City View then your upgrade will be a Club City View, if a Eastern Harbour is booked then upgrade Club Eastern Harbour. If you book a City view room and do not wish to have club, then your upgrade is to a Harbour Executive Suite. You will be allocated the same suite if you booked a Eastern Harbour View room and did not want club, then suite upgrade is same as booking a City view room. Hope this helps. Let me know if you need any further clarification....happy to assist. Kim

Originally Posted by tinkybelle
Hello Kim

I would like to know if I book city view or eastern harbour view
I will be given upgrade to club only in same category or harbour view suite without club
so if I want suite I will get same suite if buying the lowest category or the eastern harbour
correct.
Old Feb 5, 2012, 7:00 pm

Programs: UA1k, Oneworld Sapphire, Hyatt Globalist, IHG DiamondAmb, Hilton Diamond, Marriott LTP,
Arrived at the hotel yesterday, Im RA and booked a Club Room, upgraded to a superb Harbour View Executive Suite.

The view from the club is awesome and well worth the extra.

I visited the club lounge last night for 20 mins or so, the tasting plate was decent, the service was however inconsistent as I just had the plate handed to me whilst I saw everybody else being told what each item was in the plate when serving.

Any FT members staying here?

Ill be in the lounge tonight.
Old Feb 6, 2012, 9:19 pm

Thank you for providing feedback, it is pleasing to know you are impressed with your upgrade and the views of Club InterContinental.

Please rest assured your flyertalk comments have been shared with our Club Manager, Grizzell who will also be discussing with the team on duty.

We are very sorry the tasting plate was handed to you in this way with no explanation.

Hopefully overall you are enjoying your stay and please just speak directly to our club manager, Grizzell as she would be most happy to personally discuss with you any feedback you have.

Kind regards Kim Hucker

Originally Posted by navatwal
Arrived at the hotel yesterday, Im RA and booked a Club Room, upgraded to a superb Harbour View Executive Suite.

I visited the club lounge last night for 20 mins or so, the tasting plate was decent, the service was however inconsistent as I just had the plate handed to me whilst I saw everybody else being told what each item was in the plate when serving.

Old Feb 7, 2012, 4:56 pm

Programs: RA, QANTAS Club Platinum
Thanks Kim for your input here. Ii is good to know what upgrade RA's will get depending on which room they book.

I have not stayed here for some time, as I have had far too many bad experiences here, with RA status not being recognised, amenities not being given, hit and miss experiences in the club lounge, no upgrade. But it may be time to give it another go as you seem on the ball in ensuring all RA's are looked after and all their entitlements met.
Old Feb 7, 2012, 6:08 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

The Priority Club IC Award Challenge

I am planning a stay here just to see how little I can possibly receive here on a one night award stay.
Has anyone ever done this and reported fully in detail?
Blow by blow?There is a morbid fascination to see how poorly they may deliver on recognition and service or perhaps do an exceptional stay.........?

Will take photographs and detail the full experience..........for those that would be interested.
It wasn't great for 2 nights on revenue so I can only imagine when they see an award night in my booking.

I was actually warned by many others not to book on points years ago.
Its the first night of my trip so I will be there mostly to sleep and I'm fully prepared for anything that gets thrown my way Even the broom closet will work
I have no recent experience on revenue or award so I only know what others have experienced.

Will then recover from my one night of glory at the IC Sydney and move on to the newly reopened
Park Hyatt Sydney for the grand opening and write about that also on award in comparison
Finally onto the Westin Sydney. Both of these hotels deliver the brand & program promise brilliantly in my 12 years plus in those properties.
Excited to be returning to my favorite country in the world to travel to and be staying at just a few of my favorite Hotels in the world................
Old Feb 7, 2012, 6:17 pm

Programs: Spire RA, 1865 Voyager, Bonvoy Titanium, FB LP, LH SEN.
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.2.1; en-hk; u8800 Build/FRG83) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

You contribute nothing but hatred against PC and IHG to this forum. Why would one do that and why on earth would you stay there already knowing that you will be utterly didappointed? Why don't you just go somewhere else?

Let me also take take this opportunity to thank Kim and the hotel for their presence and assistance on FT.
Old Feb 7, 2012, 6:52 pm

Programs: QF Emerald EY Plat HH D
Originally Posted by Chinatrvl
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.2.1; en-hk; u8800 Build/FRG83) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

You contribute nothing but hatred against PC and IHG to this forum. Why would one do that and why on earth would you stay there already knowing that you will be utterly didappointed? Why don't you just go somewhere else?

Let me also take take this opportunity to thank Kim and the hotel for their presence and assistance on FT.
sorry I dont agree with you!

the IC Sydney gives just what they have to no more.
when I stay there I know what to expect and do so when I have a reason otherwise I go to the Westin or the SOTP as I know I will get club and probably suite as well as real spend not 4k .
and when the Hyatt re opens I will not need the IC as when I want view I get the best in sydney.
so i spend in the hotel a lot more than when at IC.
though I think its great that kim gives answers and imput I dont think the hotel is going above and beyond what is written in the t and cs as a matter of fact its one of the worst attitudes I have seen
forget staying on pts always at the back of the hotel down the bottom and no club for RA.

Last edited by aussielori; Feb 7, 2012 at 6:58 pm
Old Feb 7, 2012, 6:56 pm

Originally Posted by Chinatrvl

I too commend the active participation of Kim in this forum and all those that participate in this forum or elsewhere on Flyertalk.
Not sure I would agree about your chosen words of spreading hatred by writing a review/trip report about the negative or positive. However you are certainly entitled to your opinion.
On the other hand I actively work on behalf of IHG solicited by corporate to help effect change by dialogue internally and externally.
The process works with what I can share by discussing,debating and frequently challenging both the positive and negative in dialogue with others. In fact a number of the benefits you enjoy today as a member through partnerships and the program came from such discussions.
I am both critical and highly appreciative about the experiences wherever I travel both the good and the bad.

We as a group of travelers influence those of individual hotels and programs by effecting change by conversation in social media like Ladies and Gentleman.
What needs to be said is just what it is.

If we removed/censored every negative experience on social media revenue or award that would be a perfect world?Perhaps it works that way in China.
Not that I have to answer or reply to such comments or make justification here at all.
But I value the platform we all share to have such transparency together
As a member of Priority Club I want to see firsthand what the true experience of an award stay would be like in Australia something I have never done. While I do expect to be potentailly disappointed I think that many would be interested in the actual experience even if you see it as spreading hatred in or out of a public forum

Warm Regards
Old Feb 7, 2012, 7:47 pm

Originally Posted by aussielori
sorry I dont agree with you!

the IC Sydney gives just what they have to no more.
when I stay there I know what to expect and do so when I have a reason otherwise I go to the Westin or the SOTP as I know I will get club and probably suite as well as real spend not 4k .
and when the Hyatt re opens I will not need the IC as when I want view I get the best in sydney.
so i spend in the hotel a lot more than when at IC.
though I think its great that kim gives answers and imput I dont think the hotel is going above and beyond what is written in the t and cs as a matter of fact its one of the worst attitudes I have seen
forget staying on pts always at the back of the hotel down the bottom and no club for RA.
Many thanks for your support and kind words assuielori.
As a member of the human race (last I looked lol)felt a bit ambushed earlier
I am proud to have many of my ideas utilized in a number of global programs today directly or indirectly from just such past discussions. I am personally pushing IHG hard for change behind the scenes to make a better program that would be in alignment with more of the majors.Starting at the hotel level where IC Sydney mangement and select team members come from great hospitality companies where guests are and continue to be treated consistently whenever they choose to pay or redeem through their approved eligible booking channels^

The latest PC change with the earning rules in revenue spend at IC hotels may have come with such previous discussions.
I can say probably I wasn’t the only one who was vocal and pushed for PC members to be rewarded for spending inside IC hotels and additional revenue nights.While it is currently limited to North America currently I am reasonably confident we will see it roll out worldwide down the road.

I have worked relentlessly
on and off Flyertalk to hopefully effectively change the rules to PC allowable recognition & award discrimination. Only select international properties are holding onto this antiquated out of touch business behavior. Though as we have all shared all such properties are certainly within their current IHG T&C right.
I haven't given up my quest and I can assure you I and others have IHGs attention though they are choosing to remain silent at present.

Having said that I am and remain a huge fan of the RA program and PC and continue to refer corporate and leisure travelers around the world to IC hotels albeit with caution in the Asia Pacific region when booking on award.Which may become a huge dissapointment to some in a program that otherwise remains a role model of consistency and generosity to its best customers globally typically no matter how one books.

Special Invitation

Extending invitation to up to 6 Flyertalkers and or their guests on me

in the opening month of March @ The Park Hyatt Sydney for at least two rounds on me.Anyone in?
I'll be earning points on your drinks so I am planning to be as generous as possible to get to me to Lifetime Gold Passport Diamond status mark

I'm even inviting Kim if she is courageous enough to join us after this lively debate.
However only after my stay at the IC Sydney so no special treatment is applied!
Feel free for any of those interested to PM me........
Cheers

Last edited by 777 global mile hound; Feb 7, 2012 at 7:56 pm
Old Feb 7, 2012, 10:43 pm

777 global mile hound

Well I truly do not know what to say. It is very disappointing to read comments.

Please rest assured our team members take great pride in the roles and we do try very hard to please all our guests. We admit at times things do go wrong however, we always try to make amends.

As a Royal Ambassador I am certain you understand what you will receive when staying on points. I would hope our service and genuine care for our guests would be important as well.

The re-opening of the Park Hyatt is wonderful for Sydney and I am certain you will thoroughly enjoy your stay with them as a newly re-opened major hotel of Sydney. Thank you for your invitation however, I shall pass.

Please let me know if there is anything at all I can do for you or atleast let us know what you expect of us.

I can assure you 99% of our guests do depart feeling extremely happy with their stay. We receive wonderful feedback from our guests daily with regards to the ambience of the hotel, service and hospitality, cleanliness, local knowledge all those things which are important and expected.

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts and please as I said, let me know what you do expect from us.

With kind regards Kim.

Originally Posted by 777 global mile hound

Many thanks for your support and kind words assuielori.
As a member of the human race (last I looked lol)felt a bit ambushed earlier
I am proud to have many of my ideas utilized in a number of global programs today directly or indirectly from just such past discussions. I am personally pushing IHG hard for change behind the scenes to make a better program that would be in alignment with more of the majors.Starting at the hotel level where IC Sydney mangement and select team members come from great hospitality companies where guests are and continue to be treated consistently whenever they choose to pay or redeem through their approved eligible booking channels^

The latest PC change with the earning rules in revenue spend at IC hotels may have come with such previous discussions.
I can say probably I wasn’t the only one who was vocal and pushed for PC members to be rewarded for spending inside IC hotels and additional revenue nights.While it is currently limited to North America currently I am reasonably confident we will see it roll out worldwide down the road.

I have worked relentlessly
on and off Flyertalk to hopefully effectively change the rules to PC allowable recognition & award discrimination. Only select international properties are holding onto this antiquated out of touch business behavior. Though as we have all shared all such properties are certainly within their current IHG T&C right.
I haven't given up my quest and I can assure you I and others have IHGs attention though they are choosing to remain silent at present.

Having said that I am and remain a huge fan of the RA program and PC and continue to refer corporate and leisure travelers around the world to IC hotels albeit with caution in the Asia Pacific region when booking on award.Which may become a huge dissapointment to some in a program that otherwise remains a role model of consistency and generosity to its best customers globally typically no matter how one books.

Special Invitation

Extending invitation to up to 6 Flyertalkers and or their guests on me

in the opening month of March @ The Park Hyatt Sydney for at least two rounds on me.Anyone in?
I'll be earning points on your drinks so I am planning to be as generous as possible to get to me to Lifetime Gold Passport Diamond status mark

I'm even inviting Kim if she is courageous enough to join us after this lively debate.
However only after my stay at the IC Sydney so no special treatment is applied!
Feel free for any of those interested to PM me........
Cheers
Old Feb 7, 2012, 11:02 pm

Hello Navatwal

As I advised yesterday we did follow up on your feedback. I thought I would share with you what had happened. Unfortunately we had a new colleague and he does remember serving one person who was in deep conversation on his phone and did not feel it appropriate to interrupt to explain the tasting plate. The new colleague now realises he should have returned and explained the items. I hope if you were this guest that you can accept this explanation.
Thank you for letting us know as it has given us the opportunity to correct the situation with the new colleague.

Hope you are enjoying the remainder of your stay.

Thank you Kim

Originally Posted by navatwal

Old Feb 8, 2012, 12:52 am

Lightbulb Thoughts & Opinions

Originally Posted by InterContinental Sydney
777 global mile hound

Well I truly do not know what to say. It is very disappointing to read comments.

Please rest assured our team members take great pride in the roles and we do try very hard to please all our guests. We admit at times things do go wrong however, we always try to make amends.

As a Royal Ambassador I am certain you understand what you will receive when staying on points. I would hope our service and genuine care for our guests would be important as well.

The re-opening of the Park Hyatt is wonderful for Sydney and I am certain you will thoroughly enjoy your stay with them as a newly re-opened major hotel of Sydney. Thank you for your invitation however, I shall pass.

Please let me know if there is anything at all I can do for you or atleast let us know what you expect of us.

I can assure you 99% of our guests do depart feeling extremely happy with their stay. We receive wonderful feedback from our guests daily with regards to the ambience of the hotel, service and hospitality, cleanliness, local knowledge all those things which are important and expected.

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts and please as I said, let me know what you do expect from us.

With kind regards Kim.

Dear Kim,

Thanks for the kind words and for all that you do on behalf of IC Sydney and IHG.
Most impressively just being a part of the conversation.
I want to assure you that my personal thoughts below are not reflected at you in any way but at ownership and managing directors in your region.I know you are here to help to the best of your ability each and everytime and you do it well.

IHG guest/brand assurance
and especially the InterContinental brand have proven historically they are one of the most trust worthy group of brands in the world ^Regardless of an individual positive property experience, failure or member expectation.
It takes a brave soul to stand on the firing line to hear the good or the bad on a public forum.
The best companies see the value in interacting on these platforms today. It could be Twitter,Flyertalk or a galaxy of others.
How exciting today that IHG has full time positions at corporate with some really bright folks that are immersed in social media.
IHG is growing revenues by finding away to monetize these channels not just participate which is deeply respected on both fronts. In the end it is win win for all sides if communication builds better relationships where expectations can be met or be exceeded.

I am aware that IC Sydney consistently
falls into the top 15 hotels in Sydney despite the competitive set. Well done ^
Obviously to their credit the IC Sydney has without question a number of highly satisfied customers.
I'd believe when I speak for myself here and hopefully for others in our community that many of us want to build relationships that are unconditional. Not thought of as the company’s preferred rate vs redemption of our loyalty points.
We as members have earned our stripes by staying in IHG properties and use of their partners and reaching our respective tier status within Priority Club by engaging in the program.

In every study I have participated in or observed from American Express or others a satisfied redemption customer is many more times more likely to engage in the hotel & program spending across a wide portfolio increasing their potential return business and lifetime value.

Breaking up customers in groups of desirable and undesirable
or worthy and unworthy of benefits for your best loyal customers is bad business behavior precedent even if written in the terms and conditions over a decade ago in another era. It also complicates rather than simplifies treatment in house for those that expect great experiences each time they stay with IC.

I am thankful that many IC properties
understand this by exceeding the written expectations of the program.Perhaps breaking the written rules in fact.
I know personally of a handful of the great folks working at IC Sydney so this is not a human resources issue about having potential positive experiences obviously folks do.However the behavior is bad precedent that many of your elite guests experience and remember when staying elsewhere.

If the recognition is consistent and the same for each and every member & tier I believe IC Sdyney will be a consistent top choice and recommendation each and every time for the lion’s share of guests. No matter where the hottest newest property is to be at the moment. People will forget what you say and what you do but they will never forget the way you make them feel and the way you recognize them consistently each and everytime in house.

As a top tier member in a wide variety of programs I am simply not my rate paid as long as I book through your companys preferred booking channels
When I stay at some upcoming properties I will spend deep out of my pockets simply because of this consistent recognition no matter what way I pay or redeem.
Many guests are in a multitude of programs today their expectations are already set by the rising bar amongst competing programs.Its what really seperates those programs from others.
It is my hope that the powers that be one day see the light..........

I have spoken my peace as respectfully as I know how……….look forward to my upcoming stay for my very brief time in house.

Cheers Joy and Happiness
Many Satisfied Customers Going Forward

Last edited by 777 global mile hound; Feb 15, 2012 at 9:46 pm
Old Feb 9, 2012, 8:45 am

Programs: IHG
Originally Posted by 777 global mile hound
Dear Kim,

Thanks for the kind words and for all that you do on behalf of IC Sydney and IHG.
Most impressively just being a part of the conversation.
I want to assure you that my personal thoughts below are not reflected at you in any way but at ownership and managing directors in your region.I know you are here to help to the best of your ability each and everytime and you do it well.

IHG guest/brand assurance
and especially the InterContinental brand have proven historically they are one of the most trust worthy group of brands in the world ^Regardless of an individual positive property experience, failure or member expectation.
It takes a brave soul to stand on the firing line to hear the good or the bad on a public forum.
The best companies see the value in interacting on these platforms today. It could be Twitter,Flyertalk or a galaxy of others.
How exciting today that IHG has full time positions at corporate with some really bright folks that are immersed in social media.
IHG is growing revenues by finding away to monetize these channels not just participate which is deeply respected on both fronts. In the end it is win win for all sides if communication builds better relationships where expectations can be met or be exceeded.

I am aware that IC Sydney consistently
falls into the top 15 hotels in Sydney despite the competitive set. Well done ^
Obviously to their credit the IC Sydney has without question a number of highly satisfied customers.
I'd believe when I speak for myself here and hopefully for others in our community that many of us want to build relationships that are unconditional. Not thought of as the company’s preferred rate vs redemption of our loyalty points.
We as members have earned our stripes by staying in IHG properties and use of their partners and reaching our respective tier status within Priority Club by engaging in the program.

In every study I have participated in or observed from American Express or others a satisfied redemption customer is many more times more likely to engage in the hotel & program spending across a wide portfolio increasing their potential return business and lifetime value.

Breaking up customers in groups of desirable and undesirable
or worthy and unworthy of benefits for your best loyal customers is bad business behavior precedent even if written in the terms and conditions over a decade ago in another era. It also complicates rather than simplifies treatment in house for those that expect great experiences each time they stay with IC.

I am thankful that many IC properties
understand this by exceeding the written expectations of the program.Perhaps breaking the written rules in fact.
I know personally of a handful of the great folks working at IC Sydney so this is not a human resources issue about having potential positive experiences obviously folks do.However the behavior is bad precedent that many of your elite guests experience and remember when staying elsewhere.

If the recognition is consistent and the same for each and every member & tier I believe IC Sdyney will be a consistent top choice and recommendation each and every time for the lion’s share of guests. No matter where the hottest newest property is to be at the moment. People will forget what you say and what you do but they will never forget the way you make them feel and the way you recognize them consistently each and everytime in house.

As a top tier member in a wide variety of programs I am simply not my rate paid as long as I book through your companys preferred booking channels
When I stay at some upcoming properties I will spend deep out of my pockets simply because of this consistent recognition no matter what way I pay or redeem.
Many guests are in a multitude of programs today their expectations are already set by the rising bar amongst competing programs.Its what really seperates those programs from others.It is my hope that the powers that be one day see the light..........

I am going into my disappearing act for easily a month as I have spoken my peace as respectfully as I know how……….look forward to my upcoming stay for my very brief time in house.

Cheers Joy and Happiness
Many Satisfied Customers Going Forward
Good stuff! ^

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.